Review of NCL Star Oct14-21 Bermuda

luv2cruise53

Kim - You know I am no good with the photo aspect. I may need you to be in charge of photos for the memorium thread. I will have it up on Monday afternoon. Great pictures of Kev. I still can't believe it, so sad.

No problem (obviously that's something you and Kev had in common...the picture problem :D...he would have chuckled over that one). Just provide a link and I'll post pics for you. I just grabbed the one of him in Bermuda from his fb page. I don't know if he ever posted that one on here before or not. But, I thought it was a good one of him...especially since he was all about Berrmuda. :)

KEVLUVZ2CRUISE.COM

I posted this for a friend of Kevin. She is working on it between her studies.

Jan (June 9th roll call)

Are you saying that one of Kev's college friends is doing this webiste? I seen it listed in the obituary guestbooks, but when I went to the pay, it seemed odd. I know it's in the making, but from what I got out of it, it starts in the middle of one of his reviews or something? Like all of it isn't even there from the beginning. Or is it just me? :confused:

She is a fellow student that had emailed me and we have been conversing back and worth. She has been taking his review and doing with it whatever she wants to do. She asked me to post the site, I said I would. I realize this poses some redundancies, but I have no control over this. I am aware that she posted it on the obituary. Yes, I saw that there was no rhyme or reason. She's involved with her studies, and doing the site in her spare time. That's all I can say. I don't know any more then what I just relayed.

If any one wants to add it to the "Thread" that will get launched, I was just putting it out there. I will now fade away....................................

back to where I belong, June 9th, in hopes that I can cheer up by then.

Jan

Thanks for putting it out there. I was just wondering because the site itself looked kind of odd and I was just wondering who was doing it. :)

No, don't fade away. :) We appreciate you here and any information you have provided. I hope you didn't take things the wrong way. I was just interested in knowing who did the page that's all. :D

I went back and read all of his review from this thread yesterday. I was happy and sad at the same time. Even though I never met him it seems like I knew him after reading his posts and it feels like I lost a friend. :( It is sad to look at those posts with the countdown for the Epic still in the signature line. I know the others on that roll call will really miss his presence on that cruise. I know I will think of him when we are on the Star in May. I am not supposed to drink them because of the sugar but I may have to order a Mudslide and take a few sips in his honor. :)

I went and grabbed it just incase .....

obit_photo.php?id=1180215&clientid=thequinnfuneralhome

Thank you so much for posting the link so that I could leave a message for Kev's family. It truly made Kev's passing real as I kept thinking that this must be a mistake, and that he would come back with a beautiful witty post. For never having met someone personally, his passing has touched me deeply.

Thank you.

Bluejai

Lostone65, we'll have to have a mudslide together in honor of Kev. I see you are on the 12-07 Epic as well

Yes we will! Skyfire53 and her daughter Megan are on that sailing also. We must all meet up and have a drink for Kev. I'm sure we can find something virgin sugar free for you to drink. Kev liked to mix it up a bit.....:D

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

WOW! I was just scanning the post and next to the thread it states over 38,800 people have read this post. That's a lot of people that Kevin shared his journey and Bermuda information with. :eek:

Yes we will! Skyfire53 and her daughter Megan are on that sailing also. We must all meet up and have a drink for Kev. I'm sure we can find something virgin sugar free for you to drink. Kev liked to mix it up a bit.....:D

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

I'm pretty sure Kev mentioned a virgin something along the way. We will have to include every drink he had. Looking forward to meeting you. Are you on the roll call?

WOW! I was just scanning the post and next to the thread it states over 38,800 people have read this post. That's a lot of people that Kevin shared his journey and Bermuda information with. :eek:

Yes, it is wonderful that he touched so many people. I don't know what happened, if it was a sudden event or not, but I almost feel like he had an inkling and was reaching out with his Bermuda review to share some of himself, and then the decision to go back and attempt to do the review of the older Epic cruise as well.

And, he shared the loss of his partner and that beautiful award winning picture he took with us as well. So he left a beautiful legacy behind for them both. Kevin with his words, humor and love of life, and his partner, with that beautiful and moving picture.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went and grabbed it just incase .....

http://img01.funeralnet.com/obit_pho...innfuneralhome

I clicked on the picture and can see the picture, but not a link to the obituary itself...

Thanks for that link! I was able to sign the guestbook and was so pleased to see some of the CC members had signed it as well.

It is so nice to see this thread on the first page at most times. The moderators gave us permission to have the Memory thread up for a few days and then they will move it to the floataway lounge. :( However, this thread can last much longer as long as we keep posting. Thank you for everyone who shared their Kev experience on his memory thread as it was a huge success and one that I think he would have liked very much. For some reason, I still expect him to show up here with some witty comment, then I realize that this will never be.

It is so nice to see this thread on the first page at most times. The moderators gave us permission to have the Memory thread up for a few days and then they will move it to the floataway lounge. :( However, this thread can last much longer as long as we keep posting. Thank you for everyone who shared their Kev experience on his memory thread as it was a huge success and one that I think he would have liked very much. For some reason, I still expect him to show up here with some witty comment, then I realize that this will never be.

I know how you feel...I keep going back to his threads when they move up thinking he will pop in and say it was all a mistake, but I know that wont happen...:(...I just wish I could have sailed with him and heard his humor first hand...but, there are 3 of us that will be on the Epic in Dec and we are going to have some drinks in memory of "Kev" so we can "slide off our stools and slither" to another bar...lol...

I know how you feel...I keep going back to his threads when they move up thinking he will pop in and say it was all a mistake, but I know that wont happen...:(...I just wish I could have sailed with him and heard his humor first hand...but, there are 3 of us that will be on the Epic in Dec and we are going to have some drinks in memory of "Kev" so we can "slide off our stools and slither" to another bar...lol...

That sounds great. I think you will be sailing with Brenda and Tammy. When you come back the three of you should be able to write one heck of a review, Kev style. :cool: I was really looking forward to Kev's review of the Breakaway. He was really excited when he found out there were going to be fireworks onboard.

Edited by camz

It seemed he was excited about any time he could cruise....its just so sad to see his 2 yet unsailed cruises in his signature...:(

Yes, I will be sailing with Brenda and Tammy....Tammy was on my last cruise as well, but I didnt really get to meet her. I set up the M&G and was pretty busy with that. I had said I was going to be the crazy redhead at the sail away, but there was another crazier redhead that well, sould I say kind of drove people away...I was just hoping that Tammy didnt think that was me, but she had said she was really busy with family things...:)