Review of NCL Star Oct14-21 Bermuda

luv2cruise53

Your review was a pleasure to read. We hope to cruise there at some point. Very much looking forward to your Epic review!

Thank's Great lakes Girl,

I appreciate your loyalty. I am going to begin my Epic soon....I have finally found a good big pic site and now I will download and begin.

Thyank's again.

Kev:cool:

Here's a teaser Big Pic

8386622097_4d670d6d7f_b.jpg

:DOK, Kev is gonna try a new pic site so he can begin his Epic review.

Photobucket is a $%#$% program and I no longer have the patience for it so:

Test:

Nope8169431688_13aac9cc0c_s.jpg

8387692278_8eb757e7f1_m.jpg

OK but not big enough

8387692278_8eb757e7f1_b.jpg

Yay I got It...OMG....

Now I can start downloading and begin this new review.

Kev

YAY!!!!!!

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

thank you, thank you thank you,

Not only is Kev a great storyteller but he shoots a mean pic as well. I need to download...the go over some NCL stuff so i can be accurate. this review is based on a March 2011 solo cruise so I need to refresh as they say.

Now that I can post big pics...wish I knew for the Star review...hey that rhymes....

Anyways, this is my all time favorite picture. I could not for the life of me get it to work for the review. I have actually won several awards for this including a free trip to Miami from Boston...RT...which I will use for my Epic solo adventure..so I am proud. I think you will see why.

8387876740_b379b64718_b.jpg

thank you, thank you thank you,

Not only is Kev a great storyteller but he shoots a mean pic as well. I need to download...the go over some NCL stuff so i can be accurate. this review is based on a March 2011 solo cruise so I need to refresh as they say.

Now that I can post big pics...wish I knew for the Star review...hey that rhymes....

Anyways, this is my all time favorite picture. I could not for the life of me get it to work for the review. I have actually won several awards for this including a free trip to Miami from Boston...RT...which I will use for my Epic solo adventure..so I am proud. I think you will see why.

8387876740_b379b64718_b.jpg

Iits GORGEOUS!

Iits GORGEOUS!

So now I am downloading and quite optimistic I can start the Epic review. I only hope that A: I can remember stuff...like I ever could..LOL and If I will have any criticism for the way things are now opposed to then. And B: will people think an almost 2 year old review is relevant.

But I had such a nice time with The Star review and I met so many nice people such as yourselves that I am gonna wing it and try to do the Star review Justice....I will need to pull up all my writing skills not to repeat the style of the Star...so you must bear with me...amd keep an open mind.

It was my first solo ..alone cruise ..since I had lost my partner of over 10 years so I had some moments.

Stay tuned and stay true to Kev.

So now I am downloading and quite optimistic I can start the Epic review. I only hope that A: I can remember stuff...like I ever could..LOL and If I will have any criticism for the way things are now opposed to then. And B: will people think an almost 2 year old review is relevant.

But I had such a nice time with The Star review and I met so many nice people such as yourselves that I am gonna wing it and try to do the Star review Justice....I will need to pull up all my writing skills not to repeat the style of the Star...so you must bear with me...amd keep an open mind.

It was my first solo ..alone cruise ..since I had lost my partner of over 10 years so I had some moments.

Stay tuned and stay true to Kev.

Will do....thanks for making travel so much fun and sharing your contagious humor and all the great laughs and opinions on the ship for Bermuda..definitely on my bucket list, as well as reading your reviews and thanks for kindness on mentioning life's harsher realities, we are doing well..Sarah...:)

Edited by sjn911

Two people movers were lodged into a wall and a table and crew tried to help, but they were Ok cause they still had their plates.

So I started reading your review last night, I am still sick as hell so what better way than to read blogs. This comment had me cracking, LMAO. I was laughing so hard that I woke up bf, he is not a happy camper, I don't think he likes you much ;). People movers ooooo Kev.

Anyway I will continue reading. Love your writing style, wish your camera would of worked.

Edited by gambee

I just finished reading you review, I enjoyed it very much. Hopefully you figured photobucket out that way your future reviews can have larger pictures.

I am sailing on breakaway a few weeks before you, it would been cool to sail with you, but who knows, its a small world. Maybe in the future.

Thanks for a good time on a otherwise very boring day.

Thank you so very much for your review! I am also for Mass and enjoy your humor! I will be sailing on the Breakaway October 13th. I am really interested in your travel from Mass to NYC.

Thank you for your glimpse into the amazing world of cruising :)

Christina

• 4 weeks later...

You've given me a lot to think about as we plan our first NCL cruise and trip to Bermuda. Sailing Breakaway 2 weeks after you are with our 15 yr old b/g twins. Expecting they will ditch us often and we will get to explore and enjoy some of the "adult" locations ;).

Hoping you'll have time soon after your cruise to share at least a few of the secrets you uncovered on the new ship. Looking forward to a few that will make us feel like we are "in the know" - thanks again

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this back up so that those who never got to read this review will have the opportunity, start from page 1 and enjoy the ride

We are so saddened to hear of Kev's passing. Looking forward to re-reading this witty review, and enjoy a few laughs with Kev.

We here on Cruise Critic will miss your future installments, Kev...RIP

I thought about posting something as well. I'm glad you did. RIP Kev...you will truly be missed around here. You always brought a smile and chuckle to my day and I really appreciated all the help and knowledge you have given me over the last few months to help me plan my first Bermuda cruise. You were one of a kind Kev. I will miss you dearly. :)

I thought about posting something as well. I'm glad you did. RIP Kev...you will truly be missed around here. You always brought a smile and chuckle to my day and I really appreciated all the help and knowledge you have given me over the last few months to help me plan my first Bermuda cruise. You were one of a kind Kev. I will miss you dearly. :)

OMG... what happened to Kev? We partied together on this cruise?

OMG... what happened to Kev? We partied together on this cruise?

You were one of the fortunate one's that actually met Kev in person and not just here on CC. I am sure you had some good laughs. :) As far as I know, he last posted on CC on Jan 17th, although he last logged on Jan 18th. After that we know that he passed away, at home, on February 8th. Sorry but that is all of the details known at this time.

You were one of the fortunate one's that actually met Kev in person and not just here on CC. I am sure you had some good laughs. :) As far as I know, he last posted on CC on Jan 17th, although he last logged on Jan 18th. After that we know that he passed away, at home, on February 8th. Sorry but that is all of the details known at this time.

Thanks for the update. Yes, he was a lot of fun and definitely one of a kind.

Lets all make a point to keep this review on the top pages by bumping it up now and again as a tribute to Kev, a wonderful writer that will be missed....:(

Most of the thousands who enjoyed Kevin's review will not return to it even if it is on the top because they have already read it and have no idea what has happened.

Should someone start a thread with the news so that people can comment there and pay their respects and include a link to this review? Just a suggestion.

Edited by punkincc

Most of the thousands who enjoyed Kevin's review will not return to it even if it is on the top because they have already read it and have no idea what has happened.

Should someone start a thread with the news so that people can comment there and pay their respects and include a link to this review? Just a suggestion.

Yes, that would be wonderful :)...Im sure Kev will be reading it with his life partner, and have a frozen mudslide in his hand....After reading this review, I just had to have a frozen mudslide on my Star cruise last Dec...

I totally agree with you. However, I thought maybe the moderators would move the thread because it wouldn't be directly NCL related. What do you think?

I totally agree with you. However, I thought maybe the moderators would move the thread because it wouldn't be directly NCL related. What do you think?

Maybe if you state in the title "A tribute to an NCL loyalist" they won't move it.