Review of NCL Star Oct14-21 Bermuda

luv2cruise53

bump

Hey Sue - I haven't seen you on here for awhile. :) Thanks for bumping up Kev's Memory Thread. I was thinking about finding it and bumping it to the top around May 8th, the third month anniversary of his death.

Hey Sue - I haven't seen you on here for awhile. :) Thanks for bumping up Kev's Memory Thread. I was thinking about finding it and bumping it to the top around May 8th, the third month anniversary of his death.

You are welcome ;) but, its the weirdest thing....some one is logging into his account...last time was 4/12...kind of erie :eek:

• 1 month later...

I just found this thread for the first time through a link on gambee's Breakway review. It's so strange because Kev's countdown clock for his Breakaway cruise was down to just a couple of hours. It's incredible that a person could express such warmth and wit as to make me cry for someone I never met. It's awful that he won't be on that ship tomorrow, but I am sure he'll be looking down on it and smiling.

I think we are all feeling the loss of Kev today even more. I know Kev is hanging out and watching this all unfold. This sailing of the Breakaway will be special. Those sailing in her will probably feel his spirit even if they have no idea who he is. Who knew....:cool:

I think we are all feeling the loss of Kev today even more. I know Kev is hanging out and watching this all unfold. This sailing of the Breakaway will be special. Those sailing in her will probably feel his spirit even if they have no idea who he is. Who knew....:cool:

Very true. He was so excited for Breakaway and this voyage. It is sad to see his countdown clock clicking down and knowing that he won't be on the ship. :(

I too have been thinking about his countdown clock ticking away and knowing the excitement he would be telling us about right now. I'm sure 1 week from now he would be resting back at home with tons of pictures to say "Here ya go Kim, more for you to explore when you go and I told you there's nothing to worry about...stop stressing and relax." :( Happy sailing the big blue skies Kev...we miss you my friend.

I will be raising a glass to toast Kev at 5 pm for sailaway today. I'm sure many here, as well as all the roll call members on todays sailing will be doing the same.

You can see the Breakaway as it approaches the Verrazano Narrows Bridge approx. 40 minutes after it leaves the pier, until it passes under the bridge at approx. 1 hour after leaving pier. NY Harbor webcam link: http://nyharborwebcam.com/

Please join us in a toast to Kev!

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...

It is officially 2015 and Kev has been gone for almost 2 years. It's hard to believe. I have been re-reading this entire review again while planning my Bermuda cruise FINALLY coming up in around 4 months. He provided me with so much information and help in planning my first time there and I can't believe that it has taken me this long to book my Bermuda cruise. I wish he was still here to help me with additional planning. :( I miss ya buddy! tear

• 3 months later...

Wow. I just came across this thread a few days ago while reading one of Gambee's reviews (I read all of Gambee & Mitsu's reviews). While reading Kev's review, I really felt like I got to know him. What a fun guy he must've been to spend time with. I so enjoyed his review, and was incredibly sad to read he had passed only three weeks after finishing his review. RIP Kev, and know that you are missed by someone who only just discovered who you were. :(

If you have not read this review, READ IT. It's a great read and will have you laughing/smiling the entire time.