Review of NCL Star Oct14-21 Bermuda

luv2cruise53

So sorry to hear about Kev's passing!

I missed this review when he posted it, so I just read it now. I was on this cruise, but didn't meet Kev (that I know of). It sounds like we were in the same place a few times, so perhaps we chatted at some point. It's funny how two people can take the same cruise, have completely different experiences, and still have a blast. So true about that weather - it looked like we were sailing into a vortex!

Most of the thousands who enjoyed Kevin's review will not return to it even if it is on the top because they have already read it and have no idea what has happened.

Should someone start a thread with the news so that people can comment there and pay their respects and include a link to this review? Just a suggestion.

Wonderful idea!

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

I totally agree with you. However, I thought maybe the moderators would move the thread because it wouldn't be directly NCL related. What do you think?

Not sure if posting the info as a string topic would violate cruise critic guidelines. I guess it could be construed as a privacy violation since the info is not coming directly from the family. Is there someway you can check with the moderator, and then if OK, you can go ahead and post the string if you want. I know there are tons more people out there who would want to know.

Not sure if posting the info as a string topic would violate cruise critic guidelines. I guess it could be construed as a privacy violation since the info is not coming directly from the family. Is there someway you can check with the moderator, and then if OK, you can go ahead and post the string if you want. I know there are tons more people out there who would want to know.

I will definately reach out and check with the moderators on this one as I too think it is important. I will let everyone know what I find so stay tuned/

Email has been sent to the community manager with regards to setting up an appropriate thread on behalf of Kev. As soon as I hear something back I will update this thread.

Thank you for taking the lead on this!

Thank you for taking the lead on this!

No problem. It is the least that I could do. I hope they give us permission to post something nice for Kev. He deserves that.

I just heard back from the Community Moderators. They are allowing us to post a thread for Kev. They will keep it on the active forum for a few days and then place it in the floating lounge. I know we wanted the thread to stay around for awhile. I will work on something later today. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Especially, a nice title for this very important thread. Also, do you think I should wait to post this thread until Monday? I am not sure if there is more CC activity on the boards over the weekend or Monday through Friday. Any thoughts?

I just heard back from the Community Moderators. They are allowing us to post a thread for Kev. They will keep it on the active forum for a few days and then place it in the floating lounge. I know we wanted the thread to stay around for awhile. I will work on something later today. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Especially, a nice title for this very important thread. Also, do you think I should wait to post this thread until Monday? I am not sure if there is more CC activity on the boards over the weekend or Monday through Friday. Any thoughts?

thats nice, I can tell you that the activity on the weekends is very low. You should wait until money, much more chances for it to get more views.

thats nice, I can tell you that the activity on the weekends is very low. You should wait until money, much more chances for it to get more views.

Thank you! I thought that might be the case. I will work on the writing aspect of it this weekend and post it Monday mid-day.

Wonderful news! I can't think of a catchy title but :cool: should be somewhere in there since it was his favorite. Also what do you think if you include links to his reviews and other threads for people to enjoy in one spot. This might acccomplish two things: The moderator might leave it up on this board and Kev's humor and personality will be shown to a wider audience. Just a though.

Again thank you for doing this, such a great tribute to him.

Thanks so much for doing this, Camz. Definitely add links to his reviews and post that beautiful pic his partner took of the arch in Bermuda.

How about something simple for the title like In Memorium luv2cruise53, or Tribute to... . Whatever you come up with will be fine.

I assume people will be able to post on the thread? I would think that as long as people are commenting, it would be allowed to stay on the board. Or has the moderator stated it will be moved after a set time regardless? I guess that would be understandable.

Thanks again.

Edited by punkincc

Also, there is a real nice photo of him on his Obituary...maybe we can add that as well so people can put a face with the personality...I wonder if his family accesses CC, Im sure it would be comforting for them to see how many lives he has touched with just his words...

If you click on his picture from the obituary, it will take you there. ;)

Kim - You know I am no good with the photo aspect. I may need you to be in charge of photos for the memorium thread. I will have it up on Monday afternoon. Great pictures of Kev. I still can't believe it, so sad.