Review of NCL Star Oct14-21 Bermuda

luv2cruise53

I will be dedicating my Breakaway review to Kevin with links and all to his review. If my breakaway review does as good as my Allure review did, I should expect that he will get the exposure he deserves. His review was gold for my Bermuda planning and this is the least I can do for him.

I actually read his entire review a few days ago all over again. This time around I had a big void in my heart, very very sad.

Edited by gambee

It seemed he was excited about any time he could cruise....its just so sad to see his 2 yet unsailed cruises in his signature...:(

Yes, I will be sailing with Brenda and Tammy....Tammy was on my last cruise as well, but I didnt really get to meet her. I set up the M&G and was pretty busy with that. I had said I was going to be the crazy redhead at the sail away, but there was another crazier redhead that well, sould I say kind of drove people away...I was just hoping that Tammy didnt think that was me, but she had said she was really busy with family things...:)

There is no way you drove me away! Family dynamics were alive and kicking and I was the "cruise director" that everyone looked to for direction. Oyyyy!!! Lol. It was fun but a bit exhausting there first couple days. I was upset I didn't attend the sail away and m&g. It won't happen this time and we will slither and slink and taste and toast!

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

I will be dedicating my Breakaway review to Kevin with links and all to his review. If my breakaway review does as good as my Allure review did, I should expect that he will get the exposure he deserves. His review was gold for my Bermuda planning and this is the least I can do for him.

Classy move! I look forward to reading your review of the Breakaway. :D

I actually read his entire review a few days ago all over again. This time around I had a big void in my heart, very very sad.

I look forward to reading your review, Gambee. We will definitely cruise to Bermuda on the Breakaway at some point, and I will reread yours and Kevin's again before I go. I just don't have the heart to read his again right now.

There is no way you drove me away! Family dynamics were alive and kicking and I was the "cruise director" that everyone looked to for direction. Oyyyy!!! Lol. It was fun but a bit exhausting there first couple days. I was upset I didn't attend the sail away and m&g. It won't happen this time and we will slither and slink and taste and toast!

So you were playing Kev on your cruise...lol..."Where are we going to eat?".."What show are we going to see"...lol...But, Ill tell you what, that oher redhead almost dove me away...lol...I snapped at her in the M&G because she was trying to take it over...:rolleyes:....I didnt mean to be that way, but a little bit really goes a l o n g way...lol

Edited by skyfire53

If for some reason that doesn't work out for you try Henry at Triple E tours...he's a gem. http://eeetours.com/index.html[

I guess I was channeling Kev. Lol. I snapped about day 3 and told them that I was only providing info from all my research on cc. They are to come,go and do what and when they please. Lol. I looked forcyoy and Megan but with only a small cc snap shot in my head I never found you guys.

I think I ran into that other redhead a couple of times. Loud and obnoxious?

WOW! I was just scanning the post and next to the thread it states over 38,800 people have read this post. That's a lot of people that Kevin shared his journey and Bermuda information with. :eek:

Wow pretty amazing! The links to his reviews will gain him more attention!

I'm pretty sure Kev mentioned a virgin something along the way. We will have to include every drink he had. Looking forward to meeting you. Are you on the roll call?

I am on roll call. Only posted once. I will ne more active there closer to the time. Our Kev connection is creating a little group of us on pur own. A Kev pub crawl dodging people movers is a must!

Tammy, send me an email, its in my signature, so we can plan some things for the cruise

Ok once I get home I will. I use the tapatalk app from my phone when I'm at work so I can't see signatures.

I guess it's time I started this review. I was gonna make it a quickie but since I took so long I will do an in depth. First I will give you a quick synopsis of myself so you will know where I am coming from and can base your opinion on that. I am Kevin and I am 53 years old and I am from Boston. I lost my partner several years back and we were avid cruisers. Since then I have traveled with friends and family, however; I tried solo for the first time 3 years ago on the EPIC, in a solo cabin and really really liked it. My personality is rather strong so that when I travel with family or friends they tend to pick me as a leader. For instance: Kevin, where are we gonna go eat...I dunno, there are twelve restaurants ...go pick one. Where should we lie out on the deck...anywhere you can find a chair. Which show are we going to go to. Pick one....etc....and on and on. I am on vacation and don't want to make decisions so now I travel solo....LOL... I am aa 2 major graduate student in English and Historical Archives at University of Massachusetts Boston. I like being a student since there are no jobs anyways. I Travel exclusively on NCL so I cannot say what my experiences are say to RCI or a Carnival ship so I usually compare from one NCL to another. This review will be on the Star out of NYC to Bermuda for the week of October 14-21.

In order to save money on a flight and pre and post hotels I decided to try a NYC cruise for my first time. I would have sailed on the Dawn out of Boston but it had switched itineraries to Canada/new England by this time.

I booked last minute for the first time because I really wanted to get out of here for Bermuda, and the June 9th 2013 on The Breakaway which I booked a while back was too far away and my cruising mindset was screaming...BBBBBermuda.......For a solo cabin guaranteed inside I only paid 1025.00 with the port taxes. This sounds high but a solo price at regular booking would have been close to 2000.00. Anyways I ended up with a porthole so I think the guaranteed way to book can be a good shot if you do not care where your cabin is.

Stay tuned for embarkation day.

Kev:cool:

I had to read it again .

I can't wait to see your review Gambee. You and Kevin are the one's that inspired my recent Star review. Between all of the pictures and indepth review with a touch of humor, you both made my day. I will dedicate any of my reviews (and especially my Bermuda review whenever I make it there and I WILL make it there because Kev worked so hard to help me plan it) to Kev from here on out.

Please come back here and post a link to your review when you have sailed and are done with it. I don't get a lot of time on here and pop in and out, but I do get email notifications to the post I'm subscribed to. I don't want to miss it. Are you taking moma Gambee with you this time around?

I just heard back from the Community Moderators. They are allowing us to post a thread for Kev. They will keep it on the active forum for a few days and then place it in the floating lounge. I know we wanted the thread to stay around for awhile. I will work on something later today. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Especially, a nice title for this very important thread. Also, do you think I should wait to post this thread until Monday? I am not sure if there is more CC activity on the boards over the weekend or Monday through Friday. Any thoughts?

Is there a link to this thread? If it was posted here, I must have missed it (sorry between school and work...my brain is mush these days).

Is there a link to this thread? If it was posted here, I must have missed it (sorry between school and work...my brain is mush these days).

I really enjoyed your recent review and will be at the Sunset Grande next week based on your review. Thanks for all of the helpful information.

Saw this post and here is the link to the memorial

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1810113

I was a big fan of Kev's reviews and have been so saddened by the news of his passing. I'm planning on a mudslide and a toast to Kev on Sunday during the sail-a-way

I thought it was strange that you hadn't posted anything this week on Kev's Memory thread. Well, I am glad the thread is still around and you were able to post on it. :) When you have a moment you should read it as there are lots of nice posts and pictures of Kev. ;)

I thought it was strange that you hadn't posted anything this week on Kev's Memory thread. Well, I am glad the thread is still around and you were able to post on it. :) When you have a moment you should read it as there are lots of nice posts and pictures of Kev. ;)

I'm studying for a huge Pharm test this weekend so I'm sure I'll need a huge break to go with that some time tonight. :p

I'm studying for a huge Pharm test this weekend so I'm sure I'll need a huge break to go with that some time tonight. :p

Best of Luck with your test! By the way, I didn't mean to add burden on you right now by naming you our community photographer. But it is a catchy title. :D Thanks for the pictures you added as the tribute really turned out well.

Best of Luck with your test! By the way, I didn't mean to add burden on you right now by naming you our community photographer. But it is a catchy title. :D Thanks for the pictures you added as the tribute really turned out well.

Thanks, I need all the luck I can get right now. Kim=mushy brain syndrome (if that isn't a syndrome yet, it should be and should be named after me).

I accept that catchy title and take it with pride. :p I just may be slow at times around here...but a girls gotta have a break every once in awhile from studying...who knew? :)

• 4 weeks later...