Q&A: What's Important to You?

What Q&A topic is most important to you?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. What Q&A topic is most important to you?

• Baggage Allowance Changes
    • Branding Changes
    • Crew Conditions
    • Cruise Ambassadors
    • Disability Issues
    • Drinks Package Changes
    • Entertainment Changes
    • Free Cabin Safes
    • Gluten Free Meals
    • Itineraries
    • Loyalty Schemes
    • Online Changes
    • Price Promise
    • Ships

I know, another poll! ;)

Now that the Q&A has been uploaded for a few weeks, it seems that the addition of questions has now slowed down (or almost stopped! :D) (just as I write this a new question has been added :D). As it is only two weeks away before Ellacott begins to answer them, I thought I'd add this poll with the Q&A topics, and everyone can vote on the issues that they think are most important to them, and what particular questions you would like to see be answered. I've tried to add the most popular topic areas that have been asked about, so apologies if I've left an area out or I've forgotten to include one that was asked. There's a maximum of 14 allowed for a poll so I've had to narrow it down a bit.

You can choose MULTIPLE options, not just one! Obviously, don't pick them all, but maybe make it a maximum of about 9 and pick the ones that you find are the most important to you.

I've done a rough explanation of each of the topics:

Baggage Allowance Changes - Reduction of allowance from 23 kg to 20 kg. Excess baggage automatically selected on online bookings.

Branding Changes - Possibility of Thomson becoming an international brand and what these changes might mean? Will Thomson go up-market? Will Island Cruises become more like Ocean Village?

Crew Conditions - Dispatches documentary on Channel 4 revealed unsatisfactory conditions for crew in terms of payment and working hours. Is Thomson similar?

Crew Ambassadors - The introduction of an official Q&A area on the Thomson website where real cruise passengers (like ourselves) can answer queries people might have.

Disability Issues - Problems involving wheelchair access and allowing those that have a wheelchair in a cabin on their own.

Drinks Package Changes - An introduction of separate packages, such as alcoholic, soft drinks and hot beverage categories.

Entertainment Changes - The keeping of West End style shows and changing the quizzes and game shows regularly.

Free Cabin Safes - I think you know what this one is about! :D

Gluten Free Meals - Increased options on board, in the AI package, and also the reintroduction of gluten free meals on Thomson Airways.

Itineraries - The addition of new destinations, especially the Far East, the future of ex-UK Cruises (and from Newcastle), and one-off longer cruises.

Loyalty Schemes - The introduction of one so that regular Thomson Cruises can benefit from offers, free excursions or on board credit etc.

Online Changes - One portal where you have all of your details and can manage your booking, such as paying for your cruise. The ability to book your cabin online with an online deck plan. An improved, stand-alone Thomson Cruises website, with better information, images and videos.

Price Promise - If the price of a cruise decreases after you book, you get this difference back with on board credit, a cabin upgrade etc.

Ships - The possibility of a new build ship, new additions from the second-hand market, the future of the current fleet, particularly Majesty and Spirit. Also, changes that are going to be made in the Platinum refurbishments.

So, choose the areas that you believe are most important to you. Again, you can choose MORE THAN ONE, but try to limit it to about 9 (ish). Just tick the boxes of the topics areas that you choose, and then click VOTE NOW at the bottom. :)

Just over a week now to go! Thought I'd bump this up to see if it gets any more responses this week. Itineraries, Loyalty Schemes and Price Promise are still the most popular topic areas so far. Seems ages ago now since the Q&A started! Looking forward to next week. :)

Just over a week now to go! Thought I'd bump this up to see if it gets any more responses this week. Itineraries, Loyalty Schemes and Price Promise are still the most popular topic areas so far. Seems ages ago now since the Q&A started! Looking forward to next week. :)

Hi sailaway, thought "ships" would have been higher up the pole especially with all that's happening.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

A little off topic but I was wondering whether if there was a similar poll on other cruise-lines how similar or different it would be compared with ours. I have a suspicion that it would actually differ a little. If this forum is anything to go by it occurs to me that there is more warmth, friendliness, support and good natured banter associated with this Forum (than many others!) which perhaps reflects Thomson's customers who in turn are attracted by those same characteristics typical of the crew and on-board ambience. Do others agree - or am I being a bit 'rose tinted'?

A little off topic but I was wondering whether if there was a similar poll on other cruise-lines how similar or different it would be compared with ours. I have a suspicion that it would actually differ a little. If this forum is anything to go by it occurs to me that there is more warmth, friendliness, support and good natured banter associated with this Forum (than many others!) which perhaps reflects Thomson's customers who in turn are attracted by those same characteristics typical of the crew and on-board ambience. Do others agree - or am I being a bit 'rose tinted'?

Last year I thought it might be nice to try a different line so I had a look at P&O forum and to be honest they mostly seem very stuck up, and some down right rude! It put me off. You can't ask a simple question without someone snapping back at you.

As I don't fancy the American ships at all, I guess we're stuck with Thomsons..........there are worse places to be stuck :rolleyes::D:D.

Last year I thought it might be nice to try a different line so I had a look at P&O forum and to be honest they mostly seem very stuck up, and some down right rude! It put me off. You can't ask a simple question without someone snapping back at you.

As I don't fancy the American ships at all, I guess we're stuck with Thomsons..........there are worse places to be stuck :rolleyes::D:D.

Funnily enough I feel like I've just been snapped at on here but diff topic , perhaps I'm just being a bit sensitive but I don't think so :( , agree it is usually so friendly on here :rolleyes:

I would agree with you there, Kruzseeka. I have gone on other sites and seen some quite shocking comments which I believe happens quite rarely here. Generally if that happens on this site, people usually go to the person's aid or out the troll :D

I am very concerned that the poll results show 'ships' in 6th place. Modern updated hardware with good 'living conditions' are important, however, from the poll results the MD might be tempted to believe that they can get away with a few coats of paint.

Remember the old saying?

Thomson cruises with modern ships would be a world beater.

Well the opposite applies. Thomson cruises without modern ships won't be a world beater.

I would agree with you there, Kruzseeka. I have gone on other sites and seen some quite shocking comments which I believe happens quite rarely here. Generally if that happens on this site, people usually go to the person's aid or out the troll :D

self opinionated idiots can infest any site. It is down to the vigilance of the other users to report bad behaviour and for the moderators to react quickly. this forum has pretty good moderators IMO.

I have seen another forum essentially rendered useless through arguments and even P&O's own community forum has one or two posters who should moderate their opinions.

Hello Nell, where've you been?? not heard from you in a while.

Hi happy v, thanks for asking. I was away for a few days, then for 2 weeks and picked up a virus which lost me about 3 weeks after I came back. My sister is also in hospital and I am finding it difficult to keep up with everything. I have been trying to keep up with reading what is going on :)

I am very concerned that the poll results show 'ships' in 6th place. Modern updated hardware with good 'living conditions' are important, however, from the poll results the MD might be tempted to believe that they can get away with a few coats of paint.

Remember the old saying?

Thomson cruises with modern ships would be a world beater.

Well the opposite applies. Thomson cruises without modern ships won't be a world beater.

Agree, Dave, much more important than the cost of a safe (although I did vote for both :)).

Perhaps if the list was prioritised ships would come near the top of most people's list. It would certainly be at the top of mine followed by itineraries.

Funnily enough I feel like I've just been snapped at on here but diff topic , perhaps I'm just being a bit sensitive but I don't think so :( , agree it is usually so friendly on here :rolleyes:

Dreamgirl no you are not too sensitive.... I've just read the topic and it comes across as a bit sharp and off-hand. Nothing like you normally see on here at all :(

Dreamgirl no you are not too sensitive.... I've just read the topic and it comes across as a bit sharp and off-hand. Nothing like you normally see on here at all :(

Thanks Barnowl, let's just hope he's having a bad day and lightens up a bit tomorrow:):):)

Archived