Q&A: What's Important to You?

What Q&A topic is most important to you?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. What Q&A topic is most important to you?

• Baggage Allowance Changes
    • Branding Changes
    • Crew Conditions
    • Cruise Ambassadors
    • Disability Issues
    • Drinks Package Changes
    • Entertainment Changes
    • Free Cabin Safes
    • Gluten Free Meals
    • Itineraries
    • Loyalty Schemes
    • Online Changes
    • Price Promise
    • Ships

For me it comes down to 5 issues

Future plans

Hardware (the ships and their fittings)

How that Hardware is used (itineries etc)

'Software' (What Thomson do in a human sense, eg entertainemnt))

How that 'Software' is used

Hi davecttr ,

Good list but can I just add one more ?

Get inline with the competition by including :

Free choose your cabin, free safes and a loyalty scheme. ( if we could get a 23 or 25 kg baggage allowance on a two week cruise or cruise & stay included too that would be perfect )

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Hi happy v, thanks for asking. I was away for a few days, then for 2 weeks and picked up a virus which lost me about 3 weeks after I came back. My sister is also in hospital and I am finding it difficult to keep up with everything. I have been trying to keep up with reading what is going on :)

There's always something isn't there? Hope you get back to normal soon.:)

Not really related, but on Cruise Deals, they are going to be launching a new website, but there is a survey currently accessed from their homepage that you can fill in asking about the website and things you'd might like to see on it. I know many people on here use it, so I thought that many of you might want to complete it. :)

Not really related, but on Cruise Deals, they are going to be launching a new website, but there is a survey currently accessed from their homepage that you can fill in asking about the website and things you'd might like to see on it. I know many people on here use it, so I thought that many of you might want to complete it. :)

Hi sailaway, cruisedeals are just Thomson , it's owned by Thomson and you will get through to either Thomson call centre or a Thomson shop. Wonder if the Q&A on here has prompted Thomson to ask the public what they want ??

(sorry if I'm telling you what you already know re cruisedeals)

Thanks Sailaway, Just been and completed it :cool::)

Hi sailaway, cruisedeals are just Thomson , it's owned by Thomson and you will get through to either Thomson call centre or a Thomson shop. Wonder if the Q&A on here has prompted Thomson to ask the public what they want ??

(sorry if I'm telling you what you already know re cruisedeals)

Thanks Dreamgirl! Yes, I was aware of the Cruise Deals operation with Thomson. :)

It seems Thomson want to strengthen this Cruise Deals brand now with it in all the travel shops, which I've always found strange as surely they would rather the Thomson brand was stronger! Also, Cruise Deals usually seem to have the next season cruises on their website a couple of days before Thomson's for some reason. :confused:

I wouldn't be surprised one day, if like everything else, they decide to merge the Cruise Deals brand with Thomson Cruises completely, or even call it Cruise Deals... from Thomson (if it isn't already :rolleyes:)

It's one of about 20 companies owned by Tui, I've been left over a year but we always had cruise deals leaflets and window cards going back at least 2 years poss a lot longer I can't remember I'm afraid, any prices were only ever exactly the same as on the main Thomson system tho , they were possibly bought by Thomson at some point and a separate comp before that but I was never aware of that just treated it as Thomsons , their head office is Thomsons etc.... :confused:

Not long to go now! Does anyone know if we can still post questions from Tuesday to Friday, or once we get to Tuesday, only those that have already been uploaded can be asked? I just thought that perhaps the answers to some questions could actually lead to more queries from us.

Hi Sailaway, not sure on that, i will have a good think over the weekend if ive anything else to ask though. I would imagaine we could ask him more after he has answered but perhaps we could make that a question too, ask him that at the beginning. Hope we get some fair answers and not just standard stuff or will be a shame :(

Hi Sailaway, not sure on that, i will have a good think over the weekend if ive anything else to ask though. I would imagaine we could ask him more after he has answered but perhaps we could make that a question too, ask him that at the beginning. Hope we get some fair answers and not just standard stuff or will be a shame :(

Hopefully we'll be able to ask some more questions as I'm sure some of the topics that we've asked will probably produce more queries.

Done a blog post about the poll on here:

http://sailawaysblog.wordpress.com/2012/11/16/itineraries-top-thomson-cruises-qa-poll/

Basically just said what the most popular topics have been.

Hoping to get some proper answers too. Will be very interesting to see what answers are given on some. Will go through some old threads tomorrow too see if there's anything that can be asked that I've forgotten about.

Kruzseeka & happy v: Hope you don't mind that I used your two questions as an example of the point I was making about the itineraries being the most important topic? If you do, don't worry I'll take them off. :)

No of course I don't mind although it took me a while to realise that you were referrring to your Blog as at first I only read your last post and not the one above it!!!!!! :confused::rolleyes::D

P.S. Like the presentation of your blog - looks very good!

No of course I don't mind although it took me a while to realise that you were referrring to your Blog as at first I only read your last post and not the one above it!!!!!!

P.S. Like the presentation of your blog - looks very good!

Thanks kruzseeka. Forgot to put it was about my blog! :rolleyes:

Took me ages to decide on which template to use. Think I spent 2 hours deciding on that! :D I wanted to change the colours a bit and font but you have to pay extra so that's a no to that one! :D So had to try and do what I could with what you get for free. The most difficult bit has been trying to abide by copyright laws. Had a textured background from some web design site but then noticed you needed all sorts of links to say you'd used it so had to take it off and to get images you have to go through all sorts of attribution laws and keep double checking them to make sure you can definitely use it. I always thought that you could use any picture as long as you attribute the person who took it but apparently not. Keep waiting to get an email to say I'm being sued for something! :D

Thanks also for commenting on the blog too! Much appreciated. ;)

Kruzseeka & happy v: Hope you don't mind that I used your two questions as an example of the point I was making about the itineraries being the most important topic? If you do, don't worry I'll take them off. :)

Of course not. I haven't read it yet as I've just logged on, but I will.:)

So, after the most popular poll ever on our little old forum, I think it is quite clear that itineraries is the most important topic for us, closely followed by free cabin safes, price promise, loyalty scheme and ships.

Let's hope that the answers we get from these are not disappointing. And we'll now see what tomorrow brings... ;)

Hi Sailaway,

I know its off topic but I read your Blog last night about your recent cruise and the bit about the dogs had me crying with laughter! Especially as I have a Yorkie myself.

Look forward to more posts. Brilliant b log.

Chris

Hi Sailaway,

I know its off topic but I read your Blog last night about your recent cruise and the bit about the dogs had me crying with laughter! Especially as I have a Yorkie myself.

Chris

Hi Chris, must be thick, just looked on the blog but cant see this, where is it :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hi Sailaway,

Chris

Think you must be reading the wrong blog! :D

Never written about dogs.

Archived