Balcony on Grand Princess

trbarton

What is the difference between cat. B2, B4, BA, BB, BC, BD, and BE on the Grand Princess? I have been told by my TA that Category B2 is a premium balcony. Princes says that they are between 214 - 279 square feet so which ones are the largest? What is a Premiun Balcony? I am booked in cat. BE 231.

Tom:)

Location.

Except for rear facing balconies (B4) which many people favor, balconies forward or aft and now considered to be less desirable by Princess. Those closer to the center of a deck are considered to be more desireable.

The B2 balcony cabins have larger balconies than the balconies on other decks.

You say you are in BE231. BE is the category, but the cabin number is either B231 on the Baja deck or C231 on the Caribe deck.

Cat. BE, Cabin 231? Which Deck, Baja or Caribe? If you are on Baja the balcony is approx. 9ft wide and 5 ft. deep, is covered and has 2 chairs and a table. If you are on Caribe deck the balcony is approx. 10ft deep and is half covered and half uncovered, may have 4 chairs and a table. With few exceptions, all balcony category cabins have the same layout and are the same interior size. Some cabins around the ship can hold a 3rd or 3rd and 4th passenger, but yours is not one of them.

Your TA's indication that some are premium balcony cabins infers that some of these cabins are more deluxe than others. This is not true. The only difference is location.

Location.

Except for rear facing balconies (B4) which many people favor, balconies forward or aft and now considered to be less desirable by Princess. Those closer to the center of a deck are considered to be more desireable.

The B2 balcony cabins have larger balconies than the balconies on other decks.

You say you are in BE231. BE is the category, but the cabin number is either B231 on the Baja deck or C231 on the Caribe deck.

I'm on the Baja deck B231. it seems like that what I have is great. Thanks for the info!

I'm on the Baja deck B231. it seems like that what I have is great. Thanks for the info!
Hate to say it but your TA is wrong. B231 is not a "premium" balcony cabin. Princess doesn't use the term premium to describe any cabin since they're almost all exactly the same with the difference being location so your TA has put their own spin on it. The cabin is the same size as the literally hundreds of other balcony cabins on Lido, Riviera, Aloha, Baja and Caribe decks. The balcony is the smaller size, i.e., 9'x5'. It's a nice cabin and you have a cabin above you so you won't have deck noise. However, the Caribe cabins have a larger (almost double) balcony that's half-covered, half-covered.

If you're happy with your cabin and your TA's discount, that's great.

Hate to say it but your TA is wrong. B231 is not a "premium" balcony cabin.

If you're happy with your cabin and your TA's discount, that's great.

The new Cruse Atlas does list B2 and B4 on the Grand as "Premium" balcony cabins.

The OP is in a category BE, so knowingly did not book a "Premium" cabin.

I think in this case, Princess is using "Premium" to mean location, not contents.

The new Cruse Atlas does list B2 and B4 on the Grand as "Premium" balcony cabins.

I think in this case, Princess is using "Premium" to mean location, not contents.

I have done a search for the Cruise Atlas but come up with nothing. Do you have a link to the Cruise Atlas?

Thanks for the correction. I haven't wrapped my head around the new categorization yet. I'll have to check my Cruise Atlas.

Archived