What time can we board the Jewel in San Juan?

We've booked a 7 day on Jewel leaving from San Juan for next July. I know I'm really early but I'm bored at work! lol My question is what time can we get on the ship? I've only cruised with 5:00 departures and this one is 8:00. The reason I'm asking now is because I'm looking at flights and deciding if we should do a day before flight or not. There's one arriving at 2:30 p.m. day of.

We are also flying in the day of the cruise. Southwest just opened up a direct from Orlando to San Juan. It leaves at 8am and arrives at 10:45 in San Juan. Even if the flight is delayed a few hours, we should be fine making the departure since it is listed as 8:30 PM for our cruise.

We are also flying in the day of the cruise. Southwest just opened up a direct from Orlando to San Juan. It leaves at 8am and arrives at 10:45 in San Juan. Even if the flight is delayed a few hours, we should be fine making the departure since it is listed as 8:30 PM for our cruise.

Ooh, that's interesting. We usually fly Tampa-San Juan direct on Jet Blue, but Orlando isn't that far away from us either. Looks like both MCO and TPA start Southwest service in April to San Juan, that's a nice alternative.

We'll be flying in from Chicago. There's an 8:30 am direct flight that gets in at 2:10 and we would be going directly to the ship. What do you guys think of this?

If everything goes well with your flight, a 2:10 arrival should get you to the ship by 3pm. However, if you cannot arrive the day before, I'd still try for an earlier arrival just to have more time in case of delays.

We'll be flying in from Chicago. There's an 8:30 am direct flight that gets in at 2:10 and we would be going directly to the ship. What do you guys think of this?

You will make it as long as there are no delays. Are you flying in winter? I come from Minneapolis and there's no way I'd fly in same day.

The first time I flew to San Juan our flight was over an hour late due to de-icing. Second time we left late due to heavy snow and only 1 runway open, the airport closed 2 hours after we left. If I wouldn't have flown a day early I wouldn't have been on that cruise! Third time was a charm! All 3 trips were in Dec and Jan.

JetBlue and AirTran offer direct flights to San Juan from Orlando.

I'll echo what others said, fly in a day early. Better safe than sorry

Archived