Is it possible to make a 10:25am flight?

geopat19

For what it's worth, I will be disembarking Celebrity Reflection on Sat 2/9 and just booked a 10:15 am flight. I will self disembark, will have private transportation to FLL, and have access to priority check in and priority security lines. Under the circumstances, I'm perfectly comfortable with the 10:15 flight. YMMV

Thanks everyone for all your input!! We will be sailing on the Liberty of the Seas coming into Port Everglades. I waited a bit too long to purchase the airfare and now the afternoon flights are either sold out or outrageously expensive that leaves 10:25 am and 7:25pm.... which isn't great because we dont' want to wait around all day.

That is not the ship to be playing around with making early flights....debarkation off Liberty (which is most likely going to be terminal 25) is nothing like that of Oasis/Allure from terminal 18.

That is not the ship to be playing around with making early flights....debarkation off Liberty (which is most likely going to be terminal 25) is nothing like that of Oasis/Allure from terminal 18.

We are going on the Liberty for the first time in January and are looking at an 11:30 flight home on a Monday. Do you think this is OK? What makes Liberty so bad for debarkation?

I'm interested why a TA sailing would make it more risky? Thanks :-)

Hi.

Post TA there are very likely to be various inspections that take place that may delay disembarking. The pier gets busier as people arrive to board, which can also be delayed, and traffic becomes clogged up. If you would like to see pics of such a situation check out my Navigator blog below which I think is one cruise AFTER the TA but my memory may be playing games with me. From post #24

And I'm sailing after a TA again this year :rolleyes:

We are going on the Liberty for the first time in January and are looking at an 11:30 flight home on a Monday. Do you think this is OK? What makes Liberty so bad for debarkation?

Yes, at Ft. Lauderdale, an 11:30am flight should be no problem at all.

We just sailed on Oasis at the end of September and made a 10am flight out of FLL with no problem! You need to do self-debarkation off the ship. I would never ever try it if I didn't do self-debarkation! We were in the airport, checked in and at our gate by 7:30am. And, it would have been earlier if we could have just taken a taxi to the airport, but we have a 2 yr old and needed transportation with a car seat, so had to wait on our prearranged shuttle service. We were actually off the ship at 6:35am!!

Yes....you should be fine with 11:30am

We just sailed on Oasis at the end of September and made a 10am flight out of FLL with no problem! You need to do self-debarkation off the ship. I would never ever try it if I didn't do self-debarkation! We were in the airport, checked in and at our gate by 7:30am. And, it would have been earlier if we could have just taken a taxi to the airport, but we have a 2 yr old and needed transportation with a car seat, so had to wait on our prearranged shuttle service. We were actually off the ship at 6:35am!!

Like I said in my prior post....Oasis/Allure debarkation is no where near the same as any other ship in FLL.....the OP's question is very ship dependent....so anyone answering the OP's question with a comparison to Oasis/Allure isn't much help in this particular case.

I'm interested why a TA sailing would make it more risky? Thanks :-)

When a TA ship arrives at a U.S. port (in our case it was FLL) the ship is subject to additional inspections. It takes a lot of time. We typically book flights for approx. 11 a.m. to noon, but were advised to book a later flight after our TA. I'm glad we listened, otherwise we would have missed the earlier flight. We booked a 1:30 flight and made it without being too stressed.

KeywestK;36003876]Make sure you ask your cabin attendant for the first group of luggage tags AFTER the self-disembarkation people. You should be fine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Got it ... thanks for the assist. FJG

What is self disembarkation? I assume its taking your own luggage off? If we each have a couple rolling bags is it easy to manage getting our own bags off the Oasis? What times is that available on Oasis?

Alternatively, if you opt to have them take your luggage off, what's the earliest time slot you can disembark that way?

With Oasis/Allure, you can tend to start wheeling your bags off between 6-7 AM if everything goes as it should. A few of my experiences:

1. Early debarkation for Oasis/Allure is pretty easy. However, if you take your time and figure on a "late" easy debarkation, you might be out of luck. On Allure in July, we were backed up and didn't get off the ship until after 11 AM (not enough customs agents). The first few groups were fine, but the longer it went, the worse it got.

2. Debarkation of other RCI ships in FLL is pretty messy. Again, walking off can keep you from getting caught in backups, but don't expect the process to be easy. There are very long walks with luggage as well as stairs/elevators to navigate (tend to disembark on deck 1 instead of taking a ramp from the promenade). Also, these tend to be shorter cruises, so more people do self-assist as they feel they can manage less luggage.

What is self disembarkation? I assume its taking your own luggage off? If we each have a couple rolling bags is it easy to manage getting our own bags off the Oasis? What times is that available on Oasis?

Alternatively, if you opt to have them take your luggage off, what's the earliest time slot you can disembark that way?

One thing to be aware of: They are very strict about making sure you have one hand free to hold handrail on the escalator. If you both have a couple of rolling bags, then you likely won't have a free hand and you will not be allowed to use escalators. In and of itself, that isn't a big deal, but the elevators are slower; there may be a wait for them.

Archived