“Live” from the Carnival Sensation & Carnival Freedom: Nov 8-17,2012: B2B

MrFunInTheSun

DH and I did this in 2010, only we did the Freedom first. Our itinerary was the 8 day exotic western that goes to Costa Rica and Panama. We got off the Freedom and drove up to board the Sensation. Now if we could just keep on doing that over and over...

I'm enjoying your review. Thanks for doing it.

Thank you yellow bird and everyone else's compliments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

When are you going again? I can't wait. You have me drooling for more. I loved the fact that you had few sea days, but just enough to rejuvenate.:)

MR. Fun In the Sun for your freedom review. We are going in may . Was the dining room what you hoped it would be food quality wise? Were the ports and your excursions what you hoped for?

Was the entertainment worth seing in general? Were there lots of chair hogs?

Thanks in advance for your responses.....

MR. Fun In the Sun for your freedom review. We are going in may . Was the dining room what you hoped it would be food quality wise? Were the ports and your excursions what you hoped for?

Was the entertainment worth seeing in general? Were there lots of chair hogs?

Thanks in advance for your responses.....

Was the dining room what you hoped it would be food quality wise?

Dining room met my expectations. Food is very subjective though, hence throughout my report I didn't speak much about food. Were there some things I didn't care for? Yes. Some I really liked?

Were the ports and your excursions what you hoped for?

All ports met my expecations. I've visited to them before, some of the excursions I'd do differently on another visit.

Was the entertainment worth seeing in general?

Most was. There was only one show that my new ship board friends and I didn't care much for and walked out.

Were there lots of chair hogs?

Depended on the time of the day, however there was always plenty of seating as there are ton's of places to sit in the sun or the shade.

When are you going again? I can't wait. You have me drooling for more. I loved the fact that you had few sea days, but just enough to rejuvenate.:)

I may actually be going on a quick four day the first or second week in December. If not the first of December, then It'll be in March on the Carnival Breeze. Then will be July on Enchantment of the Seas and the plan is Freedom of the seas on October. My plan is to do "live" cruise reports for whichever ships I land on. :)

DH and I did this in 2010, only we did the Freedom first. Our itinerary was the 8 day exotic western that goes to Costa Rica and Panama. We got off the Freedom and drove up to board the Sensation. Now if we could just keep on doing that over and over...

I'm enjoying your review. Thanks for doing it.

You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed it. It's fun doing "live" review while the fun is actually in motion.

Ha no you don't, you are Mr. Fun in the Sun!!!:D

When you are on the Freedom, don't forget to look for I Made on the Lido deck, he will take good care of you. Also, if you do see him, would you kindly ask if he remembers Brenda and Scott, that would be hilarious.

Hope you have a great time on the Freedom, will be waiting to hear your reports!

Looked for I Made on the lido deck. In the mean time one day I believe it was for lunch I was in the Posh dining room and the head waiter was named I Made. I said, hey do you serve drinks also on the lido deck? I heard about you. He's like no, that's my brother. I said your brother? Your brother has the same first name? He said yes, we just have different last names. Must be how they do their names in his country.

At first I didn't believe him and that he was messing with me, but then as we spoke more, he was being serious. Anyways I never did find "I Made" on the lido deck. :rolleyes:

Did your blender say Key West on it? We just went to Niagara Falls and I got one there, and it does have NF on it. So happy to hear you enjoyed the pub crawl, that is the only excursion we know we are booking for sure!! Did you see the sculptures on the pub crawl? looking forward to more of your excellent live review

While the Key West one didn't say Key West on it. The one in Jamaica did say Ocho's Rios on it.

6A6C73D9-6F69-4305-9239-93A73B0C9E22-636-000089BD96599EF7_zps6a4d762b.jpg

this is great fun for those of us preparing to board the Freedom soon; thanks! do you happen to have the page of today's funtimes that shows the evening shows?

also, any chance you have the menus you could post?

regardless, let me say: GREAT REVIEW! many of us are enjoying it!

Post # 88 at the link below has the "Fun Times" for the 13th.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36052556&postcount=88

Now as I look at this, I see where I posted one of the pages for the fun times twice. Here's the missing page below for November 13th.

D01ACCC4-B1A8-49D5-A1D9-1C7524929A71-636-000089C13F400DAB_zps9b31c164.jpg

This was a very fun excursion. You can just do the 18th Century Estate Tour portion of it and not the beach.

DA1956A0-BAFE-4425-9DB1-331C3E8BD871-636-000089B72BE4127D_zps80a4f401.jpg9B9C8601-8ADE-4285-887D-8B7957844C29-636-000089B779F73036_zps44aa21c4.jpgFather & Son. The father was a riot, he'll have you in stiches during the whole tour. Thats his son to the left that is learning some of the ropes to be a tour guide.

AE1E2B0B-7D4F-42E0-A299-2DB8EAA2E45C-636-000089B780875505_zpsb821f5c0.jpg

86198591-B500-4778-933F-E879E86DA2F4-636-000089B7B791E48B_zps489b32e0.jpg

85C66AF4-133C-4D75-AA50-49FCF03B50A5-636-000089B7BEB842D0_zpsc1d01f2e.jpg

This is the guy climbing the tree in the previous post. This guy is a riot too.

7A4EFDB7-0039-4C79-BE1D-867FC67B4462-636-000089B7E4EC1C1E_zpsce96d821.jpg

enjoyed your review very much. have always said if the ship stopped in Jamaca I would stay on ship but after seeing your pictures of the plantation excursion may just have to change my mind. thank you for taking the time to do this review.:)

Archived