dumbest couple of questions from newbie, online check in and luggage tags

Hi we are sailing next week and I am unsure of a couple of things

Online check in

I have printed my set sail pass...... does this mean I have completed my online check in ( there is still a message saying it's not too late complete your online check in)

Luggage tags

my travel agent sent us some with our names and room details on them. (they are fairly narrow)

On the back of the Guest ticket booklet there are other tags to print out these are much larger but don't have our names.

I am wondering which ones to use,:confused: (I am sure it does not matter too much)

any way thanks for your help:)

Hi we are sailing next week and I am unsure of a couple of things

Online check in

I have printed my set sail pass...... does this mean I have completed my online check in ( there is still a message saying it's not too late complete your online check in)

Luggage tags

my travel agent sent us some with our names and room details on them. (they are fairly narrow)

On the back of the Guest ticket booklet there are other tags to print out these are much larger but don't have our names.

I am wondering which ones to use,:confused: (I am sure it does not matter too much)

any way thanks for your help:)

Not dumb questions at all, the website can be confusing to first time users. It can also be confusing to veteran users!

If you can print the SetSail pass, then you have completed your online check-in.

As long as the luggage tags have the correct stateroom number, it does not matter which you use. I'd use whichever seem to have the most chance of staying connected to your luggage.

Sounds like the luggage tags you were given by your TA are actually the RCI mail-outs. Those have more of a probability of staying attached to your luggage, although the print outs in the e-docs are just as good, depending upon how you prepare and attach them to your luggage.

Personally, I'd use the ones your TA gave you. I'm doing that for my Allure cruise in 9 days, but have (and will be in the future) used the print-outs.

I would assume you have your normal luggage tags on as well with your name and address, and inside as well. I cover the paper tags with clear packing tape to make them more robust. What's important on the cruiseline tags is the cabin number not your name.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

It's always a good idea to ask questions when you are unsure about something.

You have received some very good advice here.

Perhaps when you come back, you will let us know about your first cruise experience.

Cruising is a wonderful way to explore the world! :D

I have my own question regarding luggage tags: I just put mine together (stapled and taped them up) and realized I forgot to write my name on them. I realize that it's probably a good idea to have my name on them, but is it required? I printed them off my cruise documents so they have all the necessary room information on them. I can have my name and room info on a sheet of paper right inside the suitcase as a backup, so it's the first thing you see if you were to open it, but is it necessary that the outer luggage tag has my name?

I spent some time wrapping those things up and would hate to start over.

They do not have to have your name. If your room number is on them the bags will get to you. The most important thing is to have them attached firmly. I over do the clear packing tape.:p But, I would rather do that than worry about the bag.

On my last cruise to-- Bermuda--there were about 10-12 pieces of luggage in front of guest relations the first night when we went to dinner for late seating. There were still 5 there when we finished.:eek:

First, welcome to Cruise Critic. Second, you have asked a couple of excellent questions, and in posts above mine, have received some very good and reasonable answers.

We hope that your cruise will be all that you hoped for and more, and please come back and let us know of your experience!:)

Rick

You should also have "regular" luggage tags with your name and home address IMO. If you are flying in they would also be on your luggage. I would then put the cruise tags on upon reaching the port rather than have them possibly be ripped off through airline handling unless you are using the cruise line luggage transfer program.

We drive to the port so they go on before leaving home.

Archived