LAFFNVEGAS Live from the Dawn/1st Caribbean of the Season

LAFFNVEGAS

Ok I meant Trip Adviser Let's blame it on the tequila ;)

I'm watching the live webcam at Maya Chan, is that you sitting there on that lounger? How long did it take to get there, we want to go in Jan. but heard it was a long ride.

Now another great thing here is the food it is excellent some steak and pork, chicken and sea bass now the drinks are even better. [ATTACH]251991[/ATTACH]

Maya Chan is definitEly a little piece of heaven isn't it? The place, the food, the bevvies and especially the staff!

It's one of our fav places and can't wait to return......only 17 days to go till we board the Dawn!

Thanks for your great review and pix.

Thursday November 15, 2012

Hola from some where off the East coast of Mexico heading to Cozumel.

We really had an amazing time in Costa Maya going to Maya Chan Beach. I can say that I highly recommend this for a beach day in Costa Maya. Now just need to figure out when we can do this again. We left Maya Chan about 2:30 and a van returned us to the port. We walked the shops but since the Carnival Dream had already left I was surprised how many shops had already closed up. The other thing I had noticed when we were here last 2 years ago on the Solstice. I find the prices to be much higher compared to Belize and Roatan. I was looking for a pharmacy because as luck would have it I have an upper respiratory thing starting, you know the slight soar throat, coughing and stuff nose. I thought I would purchase Zpack that or some Keflex but the prices were silly high. I should have bought in Belize. So any way I have been taking some Zicam I brought and I also had a few Day Quil gel caps so took some of those and took a nap. I woke up about 7. Tom went up to the Garden Cafe and brought me back some pizza and an ice tea. We are just hanging out here in the cabin this evening. Hopefully the cough will go away quickly.

Tomorrow is Cozumel and we have a tradition when we go there to go to Pancho's Back Yard which is a great Mexican Restaurant.This will be our 4th time there and Bob and Kathy's 2nd. That will basically be our day. Although we will have to grab a taxi since it is up at the newest pier and we are docking near downtown.

Sadly this week is flying by far too quickly, I really wish we would have done a B2B. This itinerary is just really good and sailing out of Tampa is very easy I just wish the flight to get from Las Vegas to Tampa was not such a pain.

Signing off from the Beautiful Free Stylin Norwegian Dawn.:)

We get on when you get off. We've got 2 cabins with room for 4 more if you want to do a B2B cheap. :)

One question if I may - what time(s) are the nightly shows?

Thanks for paving the path for us. It is really great to read your review since there are no others from this iten this year.

I am enjoying your review and can't wait to read more. I will be taking this itenerary on Nov. 25th. Wish I could do a B2B because the time really does go by very quickly.

Do you know if the Dawn offers Murder Mystery or Best of lunches? Also, if not too much trouble, can you post the dailles when you get back from your cruise.

Thank you!

I'm enjoying your report, we sail on Jan. 6th, first time to 3 of the 4 stops, we booked Tabyana beach, Roatan, through NCL, we usually venture out on our own but DH had rotator cuff surgery last month so we have to take it easy, if you hear of anyone that is doing that excursion please give feedback, would really appreciate it, I hope to snorkel there even if he can't.

I am watching the Dawn webcam waiting to see land come into view, have a great day in Roatan.:)

We did Tabyana beach in Roatan a number of years ago and it was one of the best beach stops ever! Lots of music, my husband said best snorkeling he has ever done and it's a beautiful beach! You will enjoy the day for sure!

Some quick answers :)

We get on when you get off. We've got 2 cabins with room for 4 more if you want to do a B2B cheap. :)

One question if I may - what time(s) are the nightly shows?

Thanks for paving the path for us. It is really great to read your review since there are no others from this iten this year.

Thanks for the offer, although both our bosses would be upset if we did not make it back to work :D You will have fun, the Dawn is really in great shape for being 10 years old and actually in many ways we find her in far better shape than HAL ships that are this same age. BTW The show times are at 7 and 9 each night.

I am enjoying your review and can't wait to read more. I will be taking this itenerary on Nov. 25th. Wish I could do a B2B because the time really does go by very quickly.

Do you know if the Dawn offers Murder Mystery or Best of lunches? Also, if not too much trouble, can you post the dailles when you get back from your cruise.

Thank you!

It was a Murder Mystery Lunch, I will try to take picture of the dailys when I get home and post them.

I notice you eat in the speciality restaurants for most meals, what is the matter with the MDR or do they have one? When we cruised on NCL a number of years ago I don't remember there being so many speciality restaurants.

I have really been enjoying (and taking notes) on your review-we really must try NCL soon by the sounds of it!

I too am interested in your dining for dinner-are all those pay restaurants that you have mentioned? Have you eaten dinner in the MDR or is it below standard compared to HAL?

Thanks Lisa! Continue having a great time.

Friday November 16, 2012

Good Evening, I just cannot believe tomorrow is our last day :( These 7 day cruises just go by far too quickly.

Today we slept in some then did our usual breakfast in Cagney's Tom always gets his steak and eggs and I always just do the little buffet because I like having a little fruit, and love the Duck Pate' with cheese and rolls. Although tomorrow I might actually be different and get the French Toast.

Today our our plan was to go to Pancho's Backyard , there are two Pancho's but we like the one that is at the farthest pier where the Carnival Corp ships dock. This was Tom's on my 4th visit to this restaurant and yes they remember us lol We were well taken care by Manuel the Manager and his employees. We were so taken care of that we came right back after lunch no more shopping and I went right to bed. I would say that was about 3 and yes I went right to bed. Between Margarita's and the Tequila Shooter I was feeling no pain. But I woke at 5 feeling totally normal and ready for dinner reservation we had in Aqua at 6.

Although I have to say I am feeling extremely tired. This is the 3rd NCL ship that has had the show called Band on the Run and I have wanted to see it the two previous times, it is showing tonight and unfortunately I will not make it tonight either.

Tonight we dined in Aqua and it was just OK, I was not thrilled with what was offered so ordered the Rib Eye and sadly was not thrill with that but the cheese roll was very good along with the chicken tortilla soup and the Caramel Flan ;)

As I mentioned yesterday I have come down with a lousy cold and that has annoying cough unfortunately tequila does not make it go away. So I will take some more of the Zicam and try to get more sleep.

Tomorrow is our last day and a Sea Day, I know there have been a lot of questions asked and I will try to go back thru and answer those when I get home.

Since we are winding down, I am also winding down in what I am writing but Tom and I have decided that more than likely we will cancel our October 2013 HAL Eurodam cruise and book an NCL. Over all we just really do prefer the NCL Suite product, price wise we feel we get more bang for our buck. I have already looked up that I can do some nice Med cruises or repo cruises in a full suite on NCL for less money that we are paying for the 15 day Eurodam in a regular balcony category VD. While I do not mind spending the money I want to know that I am getting the best value for what I am spending. Sadly HAL is giving me the best value. Of course we will still be doing the 11 days to Alaska in May on the Zuiderdam but there are definitely a few NCL October or November 2013 cruises that are of interest to us.

Signing off from the Beautiful Free Stylin NCL Dawn.

You know Lisa it is kind of funny, I did a price comparison for doing Mexico on Princess, Holland and NCL in a suite and they came out within 100 dollars of each other. So price is debatable. Adding in dinner's at specialty restaurantes and NCL is the highest. Princess is less and ofcourse Hal is cheaper for us because of being '4' star. I don't know if you get a rate if you stay in a suite on NCL and that does not fly for Princess. Something to think about.:)

I have really enjoyed your post. Thank you for taking the time to do them. We get on the Dawn the day you get off. This will be our second NCL cruise we cruised NCL's Epic in Dec. 2011. If you booked a b2b you would have cruised with us. Thanks again for the posting and the pictures as well...If I see you getting off when we get on I will wave. LOL!!!

Thanks again I hope you have a safe trip home.

Saturday November 17, 2012

Good Morning from the Norwegian Dawn, We woke up this morning to very dark skies and pouring rain. I guess it is good the bad weather waited till our last day. Although I am sure the ship has to go into Plan B Rain Mode since that eliminates some of the activities near the pool.

We had our usual breakfast in Cagney's except this time I had the French Toast with Bacon rather than the breakfast buffet. Then we went shopping, are the shops ever busy the last day. Many are trying to use up thier ship board credit but it also sounds like many also go over and spend more that last day. This is where NCL is smart with giving the Ship Board Credit, basically encourages more spending which is more on board revenue which is how cruise lines make their profits. Overall I see a lot of good things that NCL does and think that some of the other cruise lines could learn from what NCL is doing.

I know there are been several questions asked and I will try to answer the questions once i get home.

I will probably report one more time this evening to let you know how Moderno is.

Signing off from the Beautiful Free Stylin Norwegian Dawn

Archived