Carnival Fantasy For Sale?

Sailaway487

We just came back from a 7 day on Fantasy and had the best cruise we have been on so far. Always someone constantly cleaning and the friendliest crew we have encountered.

I will be writing a very picture heavy review here shortly. We had so much fun I am STILL exhausted.

I sure hope they keep Fantasy in Charleston but if she is for sale, I hope we get an equally as enjoyable ship to replace her.

Frankly it's not that surprising. Fantasy is Carnival's oldest ship now, and they won't just keep expanding the fleet indefinitely. The US cruise industry is pretty well saturated, so it makes sense to eliminate old ships as they bring new ones online.

We just came back from a 7 day on Fantasy and had the best cruise we have been on so far. Always someone constantly cleaning and the friendliest crew we have encountered.

I will be writing a very picture heavy review here shortly. We had so much fun I am STILL exhausted.

I sure hope they keep Fantasy in Charleston but if she is for sale, I hope we get an equally as enjoyable ship to replace her.

Looking forward to review we sail on her in February.

Looking forward to your review!! We have sailed her several times and always have a great cruise:):):)

Great! We finally get a cruise ship based in Charleston and they're going to sell it. I very much doubt that they'll give us another ship. Wonder if all the brouhaha about the Charleston cruise terminal has anything to do with this?

You have to remember, with deals like this you don't offer to buy and just pick it up next week. Part of the deal would be taking possession at the end sat Carnival sets. I wouldn't be surprised is they are not trying to work out a deal now while planning to use it 2 or 3 more years.

Maybe it is not Fantasy but Ecstasy:confused:

ALL the sailing dates for Ecstasy have gone POOF from Jan 4, 2014 forward.

Unless they are moving Ecstasy.

I just read a post in Funville where the poor cruiser has had their cruise cancelled.

Ironically this is the 2nd time his cruise got cancelled, LOL

1st time he was booked on Freedom for Feb 2013 but it got chartered to the Nude Cruise.

Now Ecstasy for 2014 gets cancelled.:eek:

I just read a post in Funville where the poor cruiser has had their cruise cancelled.

1st time he was booked on Freedom for Feb 2013 but it got chartered to the Nude Cruise.

Could be Charleston port staff claims Carnival will be staying on. No mention of which ship it will be.

This hit the wires yesterday. Of interest, the state of South Carolina is very interested in the cruise industry. While it may not be the Carnival Fantasy in a few years, for the time being she is one of the smallest and most cozy of their fleet. :)

Megaships :( Gee I am one of four thousand guests ... :eek:

See http://www.scspa.com/UnionPierPlan/index.html for information on the new terminal with conceptual drawings and such.

Ecstasy is moving to Miami to replace Imagination which is headed to the West Coast.

• 4 weeks later...
Went out on the Fantasy in March, worst ship and cruise I've ever been on. Shows it's age even though they have tried to hide it with some upgrades. The crew and customer service on the boat was about as nice as the boat itself also. Wouldn't waste my time on that boat if they gave me a free trip, hope they sell it tomorrow!!!

Wow. We were on her last November & loved it. We went in knowing shes the oldest ship in the fleet (not that it matters) The ship was in great shape for her age & the crew was awesome. We enjoyed ourselves so much will be sailing on her again next month. I hope your next cruise meets your expectations. Maybe try Cunard next time.

Archived