Carnival Fantasy For Sale?

Sailaway487

Hi! :)

Apologies if this has already been mentioned before. Found what seems to be Carnival Fantasy listed on a site that has cruise ships for sale. First on the list:

http://www.marine-consultant.com/p508.htm

2,600 PASSENGER CRUISE SHIP FOR SALE

1,000+ CABINS

PANAMA FLAG

BUILT 1990

CLASS LR

70367 GRT - 43450 NRT

260.60M LOA X 224.00M LBP X 31.50M BEAM X 7.85M DRAFT

MAIN ENGINES 4 X WARTSILA DIESEL OY, SULZER (12ZAV40S) - 57,430 BHP

SPEED 18 KNOTS

NEED TO TEST OWNERS WITH NAMED BUYERS INDICATION.

Seems to be Carnival Fantasy. The data matches up. Again, sorry if this has already been mentioned, but has anyone else heard any reports that it is up for sale?

not surprised, especially considering it's 22 years old currently. By the time it would leave Carnival, I'm guessing in 2015, it'll be 25 years old. And didn't Carnival just announce some new ship(s) to be built and debut by 2016 anyway. These news ship(s) will start to replace the older Fantasy class ships.

not surprised, especially considering it's 22 years old currently. By the time it would leave Carnival, I'm guessing in 2015, it'll be 25 years old. And didn't Carnival just announce some new ship(s) to be built and debut by 2016 anyway. These news ship(s) will start to replace the older Fantasy class ships.

Just one new ship for Carnival.

It is scheduled for dry dock January 26th through Feb 7th.

Normal maintenance conducted on all ships by all major cruise lines every 3-4 years. Things like hull painting, work on the propellers and bow thrusters, and maybe some paint/carpet. Don't expect any new additions to the ship; just maintenance to keep her in operable condition.

Normal maintenance conducted on all ships by all major cruise lines every 3-4 years. Things like hull painting, work on the propellers and bow thrusters, and maybe some paint/carpet. Don't expect any new additions to the ship; just maintenance to keep her in operable condition.

We were told when we were on her for labor day that she is going in for her 2.0 upgrade. I know that this is not on the 2.0 schedule but that is what we were told.

We were told when we were on her for labor day that she is going in for her 2.0 upgrade. I know that this is not on the 2.0 schedule but that is what we were told.

According to Carnival's website, the Fantasy is getting the Taste Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, Red Frog Rum Bar and Punchliner Brunch in February. We're sailing on her in March, so I've been trying to keep up with what is going on during the dry dock.

Now I am new to cruising and have been reading almost everything I come across and I see one error in the guess that this is the Fantasy. The ad says 2600 passenger cruise ship, and the carnival website states that the Fantasy has 2056 capacity. Now I may be wrong in coming to the conclusion that it is not the Fantasy but that is just my guess. I don't know what other ships it may be, but I just don't think it is the Fantasy.

Now I am new to cruising and have been reading almost everything I come across and I see one error in the guess that this is the Fantasy. The ad says 2600 passenger cruise ship, and the carnival website states that the Fantasy has 2056 capacity. Now I may be wrong in coming to the conclusion that it is not the Fantasy but that is just my guess. I don't know what other ships it may be, but I just don't think it is the Fantasy.

The 2056 is normal capacity = 2 passengers in every cabin. However, some cabins hold 3 or 4 passengers and when filled the capacity rises to 2675 maximum capacity.

Ship capacity is listed one of two ways: all cabins filled at double occupancy, and all berths filled.

At double occupancy, the Fantasy's capacity is indeed around 2,050 passengers, but with all berths filled, the capacity jumps to around 2,600

So yes, it does seem like all the statistics point at the Fantasy.

(Oops, seems like the poster above and I were typing at the same time the same information) :o

Ship capacity is listed one of two ways: all cabins filled at double occupancy, and all berths filled.

At double occupancy, the Fantasy's capacity is indeed around 2,050 passengers, but with all berths filled, the capacity jumps to around 2,600

So yes, it does seem like all the statistics point at the Fantasy.

(Oops, seems like the poster above and I were typing at the same time the same information) :o

Not the first time, and most surely not the last. ;)

Anyone else find it slightly amusing that Carnival would list one of its ships for sale online like any one of us would list an old pair of ice skates on Craigslist? :p

No.

You can find a Boeing 747 for sale on line.

Carnival is "fishing"; right buyer (with the money) and right price. That's why there is no mention of ship's name or a photo.

That opens up all kinds of questions.

-Would they skip the 2.0 if a buyer was found sooner than later?

-Would they sell the ship, then lease it back for a couple years?

-What would replace it in Charleston/Would there be a replacement?

Kind of curious they wouldn't place it under another Carnival brand. Costa is out 2 ships, Ibero is sailing on older retired Carnival ships, P&O is also using older boats (another older Carnival ship).

I'm really curious how much they'd like to get for it.

Went out on the Fantasy in March, worst ship and cruise I've ever been on. Shows it's age even though they have tried to hide it with some upgrades. The crew and customer service on the boat was about as nice as the boat itself also. Wouldn't waste my time on that boat if they gave me a free trip, hope they sell it tomorrow!!!

If you're looking at the old 2.0 upgrade schedule, that may be why you don't see it on the schedule. As someone else has pointed out, she is apparently scheduled to get some of the 2.0 upgrades, and I would be surprised if she didn't.

Similarly, the Fascination is getting some of the 2.0 upgrades in January as well.

• 1 month later...
Went out on the Fantasy in March, worst ship and cruise I've ever been on. Shows it's age even though they have tried to hide it with some upgrades. The crew and customer service on the boat was about as nice as the boat itself also. Wouldn't waste my time on that boat if they gave me a free trip, hope they sell it tomorrow!!!

Tell us how you really feel....I'll sail on her for free

Archived