Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

• 2 months later...
Thank you for your cruise review. We are looking forward to sailing on the Allure after its refit next summer. I loved the special effect you had of the ship looking like it was expanding outward. Were you using a zoom burst effect or something else?

I am not really sure which picture you're talking about.

I started my Bimini SuperFast Review.

Here is the link for the review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2128585

I've seen that ship several times sailing out of Miami. I'll be sure to check it out. This thread does remind me, you take the best ever pictures of Mayonnaise packets ;)

Edited by BillOh
typo fix

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for your excellent review of the Breakaway. I started out on this thread and when I saw you have arranged to have your reviews posted minus all the the comments I was just thrilled. I was thinking of the Breakaway and when I saw you had a review I just spent my Sat. afternoon reading through it. You are a marvelous master reviewer. I loved the way you described things and the photos that you took were outstanding. I have been on Bermuda cruises before and want to go again, but I think after getting to know the Breakaway that I would be happier taking the Summit next June. You really have kept me from making a big mistake if I had booked the Breakaway.

• 1 month later...

We will be travelling in the Allure of the Seas, in November 22, 2015 too!!! And I am reading and enjoying this wonderful review of Gambee. The way he describe his experience through this pictorial guide, and his relation with his mom, are making a deep impact in me. Greetings from Puerto Rico, the Enchanted Island.

I noticed this review about a week ago and when I opened it up, I realized it was for a cruise in 2012...I almost didn't continue reading but so glad I decided to keep reading. Imagine you are still getting posts 3 years later. I have taken notes all along and saved the images of all the Compass's, the menu's both food and drink.

This will be our 4th cruise, leaving on Allure Feb 21/16. Couldn't decide between Celebrity and Allure but got a good deal for Allure so booked that one. Being from Can., we have a 5 to 6 hour drive to a major city where we stay overnite before and after our flight to F.L., then will spend 2 nites pre cruise there. Flight, Hotel and dollar exchange really add to the price of a cruise.

We have been to just about every place in the Caribbean so thought the Allure would be a good choice. After reading your review, we are looking forward to Labadee but not Falmouth. Been to Jamaica 3 times and really liked it and have done most of the site seeing already.

Our special rate was for a D8 balcony but we could only choose one on deck 6 or 7. Seven was all booked so we took one near the aft elevators on deck 6. I hope we will be happy with that choice.

There is nothing more that I can say about your review, its all been said already. Congratulations on a great review which speaks for itself because 3 years later it is still active.

I see you have your own website now so will go there to read more reviews. A nice way to spend cold winter months before boarding Allure in Feb. Thanks again.

I noticed this review about a week ago and when I opened it up, I realized it was for a cruise in 2012...I almost didn't continue reading but so glad I decided to keep reading. Imagine you are still getting posts 3 years later. I have taken notes all along and saved the images of all the Compass's, the menu's both food and drink.

This will be our 4th cruise, leaving on Allure Feb 21/16. Couldn't decide between Celebrity and Allure but got a good deal for Allure so booked that one. Being from Can., we have a 5 to 6 hour drive to a major city where we stay overnite before and after our flight to F.L., then will spend 2 nites pre cruise there. Flight, Hotel and dollar exchange really add to the price of a cruise.

We have been to just about every place in the Caribbean so thought the Allure would be a good choice. After reading your review, we are looking forward to Labadee but not Falmouth. Been to Jamaica 3 times and really liked it and have done most of the site seeing already.

Our special rate was for a D8 balcony but we could only choose one on deck 6 or 7. Seven was all booked so we took one near the aft elevators on deck 6. I hope we will be happy with that choice.

There is nothing more that I can say about your review, its all been said already. Congratulations on a great review which speaks for itself because 3 years later it is still active.

I see you have your own website now so will go there to read more reviews. A nice way to spend cold winter months before boarding Allure in Feb. Thanks again.

Thank you for your kind words.

I have one bit of advice for you. I am actually booked on Oasis in a sale like yours. Same D8 balcony, and a great deal. Here is the thing, check constantly, as new rooms open because the final payment nears to your cruise. I bet that a ton of rooms will open, and you will be able to get a room that better accommodates your needs.

Have a great cruise :)

• 2 months later...

First of all I want to thank http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/ for the many hours of entertainment that they have provided and will continue to do so.

There she was safe from her last voyage and waiting for us to board her. A lot of viewers for that time, I guess I am not the only loser :D

Screenshot2012-11-04at62741AM_zps9036fb36.png

Image courtesy of http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

At last!!! It was November 4th!!!!! :D, I believe that this day had to be in the top 10 list of most awaited days of my life, I did so much more research and preplanning for this trip than any other one i've ever done. Mainly because it was something that I was not familiar with and I wanted to make sure I could experience the most possible in the time we had aboard. In any case we were extremely pumped up and ready to go. The weather you ask? it was going to be PERFECT!!! high of 82 and sunny!

Been waiting for that little ticker to show that for a long time!

Screenshot2012-11-04at74128AM_zps700b2a6d.png

Image courtesy of http://www.cruise-ships.com/

I barely got any sleep that night and I woke very early I believe around 6:00am, the good thing was that daylight saving was over and we got an extra hour of sleep. About an hour later I woke up my bf so he could start getting ready, my mom woke up even earlier than I did to go to mass and finish packing all the last minute stuff.. I know I know, cruise boarding starts at 11:30, but I had every minute planned.

My bf takes long to wake up, shower and get ready and I am time control freak, so yeah sometimes we clash there. The idea was to be out of the house by 10am, be at the parking place by 10:35, then wait there for the shuttle and be at the terminal at 11am. I wanted to be among the first ones to board to make sure we got my bf reservations together with ours. Since we added him so late, all the show reservation that my mom and I had were already taken. But I read in the review of fellow CC member Host Faith that if you board early you can pretty much get any hour you like for the shows. Thank you for the tip Host :). This in the only time that I was very strict with timing of this trip, the rest of it was going to be very lax. Since we had no excursions booked, pretty much the only thing tying us up to time constraints was specialty restaurant reservations and the shows.

We decided to bring the bf's car since it is a hatchback and it could fit all the bags the easiest. The other two cars have an arsenal of beach equipment in them at all times and neither of us felt like clearing up the trunks.

I also grabbed the Zero chocolate bars that we were bringing along for our cabin steward, zero bars are my absolute favorite kind of chocolate and most people don't even know them. I like introducing people to them if I can.

DSC04704_zps2c18e6d1.jpg

Frozen Zero bars are the bomb!

• 3 weeks later...