Cappuccino

boowaaccaa

I really enjoyed the Cappacino with my dessert each night and even with the $2.95 charge, I will most likely still order it. It's just one of those things that seems worth it to me. Life's all about priorities. ;)

This is what Carnival is hoping for, with feedback like this, so they can proceed with more "charge for" things on board.

This is what Carnival is hoping for, with feedback like this, so they can proceed with more "charge for" things on board.

I realize this but it is something that I really look forward to enjoying with my dessert each evening. I was actually very surprised when it was a free perk but even at $2.95 I will pay it because it's something that I enjoy having....... just like some enjoy and after dinner cocktail or such. :)

I realize this but it is something that I really look forward to enjoying with my dessert each evening. I was actually very surprised when it was a free perk but even at $2.95 I will pay it because it's something that I enjoy having....... just like some enjoy and after dinner cocktail or such. :)

I enjoy dessert. Should that be added on as well, offering the stuff they have in the "bakery" sweet shop? How about premium coffee? How about side dishes?

IOW, where does it end?

I don't like being fed the line, "We only charge for the superior cappuccino made in the new superior machines in the ships that offer the superior comedy bruch (which I hear is sorely failing and ultimately rejected), to it being rolled out fleet wide as apparently the old free c"r"appy stuff.

I think what tends to get forgotten is that for every person who gets their free cappuccino there are probably a half-dozen complaints from other cruisers who want something extra to be included on their cruise fare. I don't envy any cruise line for trying to traverse that slippery slope. The reason so many things have gone the "no longer free route" is because people do complain, and loudly, about what they see as "why should I pay for something I don't use". I for one don't drink soda so I don't care if those that do have to pay for it. Others don't drink alcohol so they are probably glad that cost doesn't get passed on to them. Now the thing is fru-fru coffee which lots and lots of folks don't do. Cruise lines charge for things that are above the normal scope. Specialty restaurants, specialty foods and drinks, internet usage, priority boarding and tendering, bigger rooms, balconies.

People who cruise choose what "level" they want to cruise at, whether it be the line or the experience. As long as every passenger is provided food, water, a place to sleep and transport from point A to point B the cruiseline has fulfilled their contract. All the extras are based on personal decisions...just like all of the other consumer goods in our lives.

I think what tends to get forgotten is that for every person who gets their free cappuccino there are probably a half-dozen complaints from other cruisers who want something extra to be included on their cruise fare. I don't envy any cruise line for trying to traverse that slippery slope. The reason so many things have gone the "no longer free route" is because people do complain' date=' and loudly, about what they see as "why should I pay for something I don't use". I for one don't drink soda so I don't care if those that do have to pay for it. Others don't drink alcohol so they are probably glad that cost doesn't get passed on to them. Now the thing is fru-fru coffee which lots and lots of folks don't do. Cruise lines charge for things that are above the normal scope. Specialty restaurants, specialty foods and drinks, internet usage, priority boarding and tendering, bigger rooms, balconies.

People who cruise choose what "level" they want to cruise at, whether it be the line or the experience. As long as every passenger is provided food, water, a place to sleep and transport from point A to point B the cruiseline has fulfilled their contract. All the extras are based on personal decisions...just like all of the other consumer goods in our lives.[/quote']

That's the NCL business model. Pay as you go.

Why CCL is following it is anyone's guess. They used to be the industry leader.

Used to be cruising was all inclusive except alcohol.

Now it is going down the path of lets see what else we can get our passengers to pay for that used to be included.

Liked the pricing model they used to use.

My remembrances from the all inclusive days: small cabin with two twin beds bolted to the wall, one dining room where ALL meals were served, limited menu selections, a buffet set up on deck for lunchtime on sea days or the occasional midnight buffet, a single gift shop or drug store, one bar, a few tables to play cards, no spa, no exercise equipment (had we even heard of it back then) other than a few dumbbells, one pool on the top deck with chairs that would fly around in the wind, maybe a couple of bars. You possibly could get some soda pop (Nehi orange

Over the last decade almost every cruiseline and every budget cruiseline has gone to the "pay" for the extras route.

My remembrances from the all inclusive days: small cabin with two twin beds bolted to the wall' date=' one dining room where ALL meals were served, limited menu selections, a buffet set up on deck for lunchtime on sea days or the occasional midnight buffet, a single gift shop or drug store, one bar, a few tables to play cards, no spa, no exercise equipment (had we even heard of it back then) other than a few dumbbells, one pool on the top deck with chairs that would fly around in the wind, maybe a couple of bars. You possibly could get some soda pop (Nehi orange

Over the last decade almost every cruiseline and every budget cruiseline has gone to the "pay" for the extras route.[/quote']

Apparently you didn't start on Carnival. My first cruise had a 185sqft room, 2 dining room with 2 separate seatings, 5+ course dinners, entertainment in the show lounge every night, midnight buffets, followed by late night buffets, ample bars, full spa, 3 pools, deck parties.

But then again, I only started cruising 25 years ago.

Archived