Can you imagine this?

uktog

I know many have enjoyed the delights of Venice with Azamara recently so I thought these pictures of Venice this week might either terrify you or amuse you

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20294366

Helps us realise why so much is said about Venice being under threat and why so many of the places you visit make much of the need to fund ongoing investment in supporting restoration and protecting existing buildings.

Oh, WOW! :eek::(

I did enjoy the bathing suit picture. Good to know people can keep a sense of humor.

Indeed, not sure I would swim in it, but I loved the group at the table in St Marks Square

Thanks for the link Ann. And I most definitely would NOT swim in it!

It makes us realise how vulnerable Venice is to the sea though and why the Venetians are so concerned about the huge number of cruise ships visiting and potentially damaging their beautiful city.

Thanks for the link Ann. I am not sure if I'd want to swim in that either! I have been there when the Aqua Alta has meant we had to walk on raised boardwalks, but nothing like that. I was there last November on Quest and lucky with dry streets and sunny (but cold) weather. Very foggy when we left though which is common at this time of year. We only just made it out of Venice before they closed the port.

Not sure if you saw the film clips of the flooding on the BBC yesterday, but Costa Fascinosa was sailing past Doges Palace in the morning and looked like it was about six inches from St Mark's Square.:eek:

Phil

Thanks for the link Ann.

Not sure if you saw the film clips of the flooding on the BBC yesterday, but Costa Fascinosa was sailing past Doges Palace in the morning and looked like it was about six inches from St Mark's Square.:eek:

Phil

Yes Phil saw that, pictures/videos paint a thousand words and the good old Beeb (well the Beeb) can be relied on getting great ones always worth looking at

Interesting link on how to handle the issue.

http://www.comune.venezia.it/flex/cm/pages/ServeBLOB.php/L/EN/IDPagina/22795

We went to Venice a few years ago at Christmas time, and hauled rubber shin-high garden boots with us. Never needed them. We used them to pack souvenirs on the way home. And have used them since outside doing yard work. We were outside working yesterday, in our boots, and I joked to my husband how the boots had gone back and forth to Italy without necessity.

Archived