Currently on the Carnival Dream and I am sorely disappointed....

MissKIA

that all of the complainers had me worried. I have no idea what people are talking about, but this is a beautiful ship and every single crew member we have encountered has been great.

Service in the MDR has been very good. Yes the servers are rushed, but they still take time to chat and get to know us. Tonight was the "shake shake shake" dance night and they pulled my son up to dance and he looked mortified so my daughter and I joined him and had a blast! The servers really appreciated us joining in on the fun. Our food has been HOT. Hot to the point that I had to wait for it to cool down before eating it. Maybe this has not been everyone's experience,but it has been ours to this point.

We got the $39.99 internet deal. Unlimited internet all week. It isn't the hi speed option but it's good enough. It's faster than the free wifi we got at the hotel before hand.

Spent two days at Disney before hand and it was quite a bit more crowded than we expected after previous vists during the same time in past years. I think it has to do with the new Fantasyland soft opening while we were there. We still had a good time though and got to check it out.

We went to the show "The Action Comedy of Thien Fu" tonight. It was hilarious! His accent was a bit hard to understand at times, but he was very funny and an awesome juggler. Go see it if you see him on your ship!

Oh and I one $500 at Bingo tonight. Heehee!! ! wasn't even planning on playing, but we got to the show early thinking it started at 8:15 instead of 8:45 so I decided to buy a card to kill the time. ChaChing!

Anyway, just wanted to give a quick update for those of you who are freaked out by the negative reviews. Not everyone hates the Dream!

(I will try to come back tomorrow if anyone has any questions or anything)

I completely forgot to mention that we used FTTF. This was the first cruise that it was available for the Dream. It took us 15 minutes from the time our shuttle dropped us off to the time we were on the ship. This was at noon. Our rooms were ready and we were very happy to drop off our bags since we had a very heavy carryon filled with drinks. Some of you may not think it's worth it, but to us this alone was a huge benefit.

Glad to hear your take on it, we will be sailing on her in March of next year. Quick question, the $39.99 internet package, does that allow for just one device, like a laptop, or can you also use a laptop and an iPad? I heard there is a $99 dollar option, what do you get for that, more speed, more devices? Thanks, and enjoy your cruise!!

that all of the complainers had me worried. I have no idea what people are talking about, but this is a beautiful ship and every single crew member we have encountered has been great.

Service in the MDR has been very good. Yes the servers are rushed, but they still take time to chat and get to know us. Tonight was the "shake shake shake" dance night and they pulled my son up to dance and he looked mortified so my daughter and I joined him and had a blast! The servers really appreciated us joining in on the fun. Our food has been HOT. Hot to the point that I had to wait for it to cool down before eating it. Maybe this has not been everyone's experience,but it has been ours to this point.

We got the $39.99 internet deal. Unlimited internet all week. It isn't the hi speed option but it's good enough. It's faster than the free wifi we got at the hotel before hand.

Spent two days at Disney before hand and it was quite a bit more crowded than we expected after previous vists during the same time in past years. I think it has to do with the new Fantasyland soft opening while we were there. We still had a good time though and got to check it out.

We went to the show "The Action Comedy of Thien Fu" tonight. It was hilarious! His accent was a bit hard to understand at times, but he was very funny and an awesome juggler. Go see it if you see him on your ship!

Oh and I one $500 at Bingo tonight. Heehee!! ! wasn't even planning on playing, but we got to the show early thinking it started at 8:15 instead of 8:45 so I decided to buy a card to kill the time. ChaChing!

Anyway, just wanted to give a quick update for those of you who are freaked out by the negative reviews. Not everyone hates the Dream!

(I will try to come back tomorrow if anyone has any questions or anything)

Glad to hear you are having a good time.:)

We are also on the Dream and had to add my 2 cents. Geat ship Great service and I am loving it. The 39.99 package is great and fast enough for me but I am not downloading anything. LOVE the food I was so disappointed in the food on Disney Dream I was worried about Carnival but to my surprise the food is way better. There is always something I like. The service has been great. If you plan on smuggling I would think twice or at least be prepared to lose it they took my husbands rum but not my cola. He always put his rum in old plastic bottles so as not to break but they throw it away if it isn't in a sealed bottles. No big deal will just have to buy theres or go with out. Which just makes me lol. Be sure bags have there tags on I didn't and had to go down to GS before I found my bag I thought for sure I had the tag on but I guess not. Oh and my DH couldn't belive how fast we got on the ship at noon and the room was ready. Loven everything.

Where can I find out more information about the $39 Internet plan? I have an iPhone and would be looking to check emails and maybe a couple of VOIP phone calls. Anyone know what the speeds are and if it will be available through December?

Thanks

Where can I find out more information about the $39 Internet plan? I have an iPhone and would be looking to check emails and maybe a couple of VOIP phone calls. Anyone know what the speeds are and if it will be available through December?

Thanks

$39.99 for one device & $99.99 for higher speed & 2 devices from what I have read. Hoping the Dream has it this coming week for the Thanksgiving cruise & keeps it long term. The ship to shore (home) phone calls are only $1.99 a minute. Much cheaper than cell phone fees!

Thanks

You really would want the $99 plan... not sure the VoIP would work will the "slow" version.

Great information. I was wondering about the lines for Anytime Dining. Been hearing that lines have been long and it's been a bit disorganized. That's the biggest complaint I have heard from people on the Dream.

We sail on Dec. 8 and have ATD.

Thanks for the updates and glad to hear you're enjoying the Dream.

Archived