Does this seem strange to anyone else??

2snorkel/cruisers

I was on the Carnival website, just looking around to see what I could come up with for a short cruise for DH and myself, we are 55 and 59. They have a four day that I considered that they priced at $179 pp, this is a senior rate. With me so far?? So I selected this interior room and what do you think it came up with??? An upper/lower, hmmmmmmmm...does this seem strange to anyone else??? Just wondering....

I was on the Carnival website, just looking around to see what I could come up with for a short cruise for DH and myself, we are 55 and 59. They have a four day that I considered that they priced at $179 pp, this is a senior rate. With me so far?? So I selected this interior room and what do you think it came up with??? An upper/lower, hmmmmmmmm...does this seem strange to anyone else??? Just wondering....

whats strange? upper/lower is more likely an interior cabin, except for the occasional odd-shaped room where the beds dont move.... and probably was the cheapest. I always expect the lowest inside price to be a 1A upper/lower unless they have an abundance of 4a & 4b then Ive seen those actually cheaper than the 1a. dont get your point?

Yes, I see that for Glory when I wam trying to book my dad to canada out of NY.

The lowest price is for a 1A so I need to take it a bit further and look at regular inside cabins-- in the little bracketts-- it costs 20pp per day to upgrade from a 1A.

holy moly--

I get what you are saying. Seems strange to me too. They shouldn't be offering a "senior rate" when it involves a cabin with an upper and lower bunk. It just doesn't make sense! No one that is considered a "senior" wants to climb up into an upper bunk everynight!

At least for the cruuises I've been watching, for the last several months Carnival.com "Search for Cruises" has been oscillating between initially displaying the Cat 1A rates and the Cat 4A rates for "Inside". I had visions of a sizeable price drop until I followed thru, the first time. ken

Not strange........the web site quotes the lowest class cabin as the cheapest, hence the $179.00 pp

A senior could book the room with his/her granddaughter/grandson that is more than willing to climb up there.

That's a good point. Also my father-in-law booked an upper/lower when he sailed solo, in order to get the best price.

Not strange........the web site quotes the lowest class cabin as the cheapest, hence the $179.00 pp

It's like the advertising "starting at" until you look further. Call carnival and ask for a adapted cabin for disabled. Both beds on floor there and close to elevators.

A senior could book the room with his/her granddaughter/grandson that is more than willing to climb up there. Agree with above, I would expect the lowest category of room available for the price.

Or you can book it with your husband, wife, lover , or friend... and just both sleep in the lower... there is room for two people that love each other... no need to climb anything...:)

I'm a senior age 65, female and would have no problem with an upper bunk. I did two warrior dashes this year for the first time and placed 2nd and 3rd place for age group and placed above 50% of all females ages 18 to 70 (8600 participants). Don't bury us old foggies yet!

Depending on the ship you choose, not all 1A's are composed of an upper and a lower, some have a lower and a sofa bed. With that being said, a specific option on the Fascination sailing of 12/13/12 is a senior rate of 199 pp + tax and you get an inside with twin beds all the way up on the Empress deck. Bargains can be found if you are flexible with your dates. I assume this is true since you live in Jacksonville and can cruise from there anytime you wish.

I get what you are saying. Seems strange to me too. They shouldn't be offering a "senior rate" when it involves a cabin with an upper and lower bunk. It just doesn't make sense! No one that is considered a "senior" wants to climb up into an upper bunk everynight!

My DH is 73 and biked 11 miles along the south rim of the Grand Canyon this summer. He would have no problem climbing into an upper - he does it on trains.

Senior does not mean unable.

Archived