Summit review 11/3-11/10/2012

BethV114

I saw two guitarists. One was Aldo Brest who played at Sunset Bar. (Just OK -- not someone who we went out of our way to see. Not a great voice.) The other was Nesto Santurio, a Latin Guitarist. He did not play everyday. But he did play poolside one day and at Sunset Bar on others. We enjoyed listening to him. He looked very dramatic with a hat and long scarf! Loved the latin music! (He played a few tunes that were not latin-type songs, but generally speaking, he was a latin performer.)

Did you attempt to take wine onboard at embarkation. We know 2 couples who were on the sailing and their wine was confiscated on boarding and returned to them the night before the cruise ended. They had to dispose of it because they couldn't bring it on the plane.

Would be curious to hear experiences about this as well, from anyone who was on that cruise. Did anyone experience the same problem bringing wine aboard? I hope they have educated the staff by now!

I saw two guitarists. One was Aldo Brest who played at Sunset Bar. (Just OK -- not someone who we went out of our way to see. Not a great voice.) The other was Nesto Santurio, a Latin Guitarist. He did not play everyday. But he did play poolside one day and at Sunset Bar on others. We enjoyed listening to him. He looked very dramatic with a hat and long scarf! Loved the latin music! (He played a few tunes that were not latin-type songs, but generally speaking, he was a latin performer.)

Thanks for letting me know. I have seen Nestor, but I was hoping the other guitarist would be good also.

Anne

Michele Balan: She was on "Last Comic Standing". I've seen her a number of times, she is quite funny. Will be glad to see her again very soon. 8 day countdown to hitting the Summit.

Just doing some last minute surfing. We board summit tomorrow. Checked her website and looks like today is her last day on summit. We will break in the newbie!

I would enjoy hearing from the Original Poster first. :cool:

Sorry if I wasn't very clear. What was meant out of respect to the OP is that before I posted my entertainment thoughts from my Sept 22 cruise I would let the Original Poster give her entertainment opinions first. If your not real clear things can be easily taken out of context.

Archived