Guarantee Balcony

Ariel35

Hi everyone,

I've just booked a January cruise on the Carribean Princess. I booked a guarantee cabin.

Has anyone had experience with this, and if so, how successful were you in getting a good room?

Thanks!!

Well you will get at least what you booked!! :D

All depends on the cruise, whether it sells out, what cat you book, etc etc.

You could get your assignment anytime right up to sailing day when you arrive at the pier.

:eek:

Plenty of people get guarantee cabins, balcony or otherwise. You may get a great cabin, and you may get one that is not so great.

If you are prone to seasickness, I would book a certain cabin and mark it no upgrade.

It is a gamble. Also, you may not know what your cabin assignment is until a couple of days until the sailing.

Hi everyone,

I've just booked a January cruise on the Carribean Princess. I booked a guarantee cabin.

Has anyone had experience with this, and if so, how successful were you in getting a good room?

Thanks!!

I have never been dissatisfied with any guarantee assignment. In June I thought I might be, since it was at the very end of the CB. Much to our delight, this turned out to be a gem.

I also have had good luck. Booked the lowest guarantee balcony and ended up with BB. Very satisfied.

Last December on the Star we booked a balcony guarantee and were upgraded to a mini suite. We have always been assigned at least a BB and have always been delighted!

We have booked guarantees on both of our Princess cruises, and Princess has always given us good upgrades---first time from OV E gtd to OV C and on our upcoming cruise in Feb on Carribean Princess from Mini suite AE gtd. to Mini Suite AA. In both instances, we knew our cabin at least 5 months out. Just keep checking your cruise summary on Princess website and good luck!!

I booked a Balcony Guar in October and ended up in a BA midship.

I'm booked in a Balcony Guarantee for my NYE cruise on the 30 Dec 12, to date everything up to and including a BC is now sold out, 6 weeks out no cabin has been assigned, but it's exciting to login each day to check of I've been assigned yet.

On our first Princess cruise we booked a BG gty and got what we booked. We had a partially obstructed view, we were behind the bridge strut, but the location was great for the Honolulu docking, we had a ring side seat to the city.

Would we book the lowest cat. balcony again? Yes we have, twice. our upcoming BG gty has been upgraded to a mid ship Caribe BA.

We always book guarantee balcony and have always been happy enough with our assignment.

On our last cruise we got a true aft cabin and weren't thrilled with it but it was pefectly OK and I know lots of people who love them. They are among the cabins going up in price when the new categres go into effect next April.

If you followed the guarantee threads here, you'd realize there's no meaningful way of answering this question. Just because 100 posters got great upgrades doesn't mean you will, and vice versa. Nobody knows how the Upgrade Fairy works her intermittent magic. And odds will (obviously) vary from sailing to sailing. (And because you didn't specify what sailing you're on, what you booked, and what you'd regard as "a good room.") You'll get, as was pointed out, at least the category you booked. Any other response - especially because people who got upgraded may be more likely to respond and because this sample size is vanishingly small - would be pure speculation.

I consider any cabin equal or above what I booked to be a good cabin, I'm happy to just be cruising!

The upgrades on balcony gtee will decrease from 28 march when the new categories start. On the Sun Class Ships that cruise out of Australia there were only ever 4 BF and BE balcony cabins, after 28 March 2013 this all changes.

The fun of the upgrade is checking to see if you have a cabin yet or not, a bit like watching the roulette wheel and waiting for the result :D

Sent from my AMID-972XS using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

on the Sun/Sea & Dawn Princess cruising out of Australia they have some BB & BC balcony cabins and the two lower beds cannot be converted to a queen, i have heard different people complaining about being given these cabins after booking balcony guarantees

we actually booked the cabin we wanted on Caribe deck,midship and Princess asked us at time of booking...August2012 for April2013 Caribbean sailing,if we would accept upgrade to a mini if they asked.We said,YES,but still waiting to see if this happens.If it is not what we want,we just say so and keep what we have now.:)can't lose.

I've always been pleased with our cabins on Princess ships. We usually book guarantees. We've received our cabin assignments anywhere from the week after we booked to four days before the cruise. (The last time, it was four days before our cruise--but after we had already started the land portion of our cruise tour.)

People who book guarantees should be the types who can be happy just being on the ship. If you have special needs or desires, it's better to book a specific cabin even when it cost more to do so.

Archived