What to do with Christmas presents onboard?

Cshgrand

We will be cruising on RCI Enchantment over Christmas - any advice on where to hide or how to transport Christmas presents for our (nosey) 4yr old?

I have just got small gifts; some playmobil, crayons, book and a snorkel as well as the usual chocolate coins etc.

Current thinking is to take a separate small hold all which we can padlock and transport gifts inside. Problem is worse as we have a transatlantic and internal flight and a pre cruise stay in NYC for three nights.

We are in a suite, wondered if cabin attendant or concierge would stow bag once onboard?

Any thoughts appreciated!

If the bag is locked, the child will not be able to access it....just do that! You will have ample space in your suite to store it. As long as you don't make a big deal out of it, your 4 year old won't give an additional bag a second thought.

• 3 weeks later...

This year I purchased xmas gifts with the thought that we would be on a cruise so they would have to fit in a suitcase. I do have one suitcase dedicated to just the gifts. Thankfully its only my two youngest that are sailing with me so I don't have to worry about lots and lots! To be honest this cruise is making me keep the gifts to a minimum and making the grandparents do the same ;)

My biggest issue is that since the girls still "believe" I am going to have a hard time putting the gifts out on xmas eve since we'll be sharing a room. They do tend to sleep pretty soundly but i think my 9 yo might be bit diffcult on that night since she'll be so excited lol

I would simply throw them in a suit case and then throw it under the bed when you get there. (It will fit)

Just guard that suitcase until it makes it under the bed.

And I would only pack a few small gifts and enlist family or friends to put the rest of the gifts under the tree back home.

I would simply throw them in a suit case and then throw it under the bed when you get there. (It will fit)

Just guard that suitcase until it makes it under the bed.

And I would only pack a few small gifts and enlist family or friends to put the rest of the gifts under the tree back home.

Hmmm, might have to enlist the help of security to guard that one!!

My son LOVES to help with holiday prep - that includes packing and unpacking. It's going to be tough.

We too have just bought small gifts and the only others we are taking are one small present a piece from grandparents. Tried to get 'useful' stuff like a snorkel and mask and a football (soccer) kit so it cuts down on other stuff I need to pack.

Mum24grlz - have a fab cruise. Good luck but I'm sure it will be magical in lots of ways for the kids.

I think you could leave the case with gifts unlocked and on the bed with a note ( and tip) for the stewart asking them to lay out the gifts on the bed at turn-down and then celebrate on Christmas eve. Santa has to start somewhere! It would make for a late night, but everyone would probably sleep in the next morning. Alternately, you could just run the kids ragged and bring them back to the cabin sound asleep so they won't see the gifts until morning =)

We are doing a Panama Canal cruise and are supposed to enter the canal at 5 am on Christmas Day :eek: I didn't notice the timing when we first booked the trip. Hopefully Dh or I will be able to set things up after DD falls asleep.

I was able to convince DD to write a letter to Santa saying that she would be on the cruise for Christmas so she is expecting very small gifts that can fly home in a suitcase. This morning I bought mini stockings for everyone and a couple of little things to go in them for Christmas morning. My mother is coming along so I plan to hide them in her suitcase. We plan to have Santa leave her big gift (a travel game system) for her the day before we leave along with a note that says something like "I thought you might like this for your trip so I had the elves deliver it early for me." Other than that I thought maybe a fancy outfit for one of the formal nights would be a nice gift. Again I'll pack it in my mother's suitcase and she can use it on board.

She will also be celebrating her birthday during the cruise so I am bringing along a "Birthday Girl" sash and a special birthday candle. Maybe I'll pick up some party hats we can wear at breakfast.

Happy to hear any other ideas for either birthday or Christmas!

We are cruising next week, so not really on a cruise ON Christmas. However, we are taking a few gifts for our 4 year old from the Santa that's visiting us on the cruise (she thinks).

I had planned on not unpacking our luggage until later in the evening after we set sail and sending her to the kids club for a few hours. Then I'll come back and unpack the gifts and store them away up on the top shelf in the closet (usually where you find the life vest) and she'll never seen them, nor can she reach them. Then when she returns, she can help unpack. :D

Archived