B2B question

xavier

Thinking about taking a 14 day carribean cruise which is really 2 7days. For those who have done this I am curious about the last days of the first cruise as normally there is a lot of talk about departure and luggage tags etc. and I'm wondering if it spoils the 14day cruise illusion

I'm wondering if it spoils the 14day cruise illusion

Knowing we're not disembarking makes it all that much more enjoyable. You won't be receiving all the notices about disembarkation...luggage tags, onward travel, etc...on your first cruise, so you won't really notice much. You will receive in-transit info relating to turn around day procedure, but that's about it.

Lew

On our B2B on turn around day I was pleased knowing we weren't leaving. As for the disembarkation part, we weren't disembarking. We had a nice breakfast and reported to the Princess theater to await our in transit customs check. They showed every Royal Princess video ever made while we waited.

Even after we rebounded there was no pressure, just a nice relaxing wait to we left.

Knowing you are not getting off the ship, priceless. Watching all the sad people leaving the ship, makes you feel great that you get to stay on for one more week. After everyone get off, haveing the ship to yourself is realy priceless. We only cruise every two years to be able to do back to backs. It's the only way to go for us!!! find some time to watch the ship getting ready for the next week, i spent a lot of time watching the new supplies coming on board from the port. I look forward to turn a round day, one of the best days of the B2B

Loved our first B2B turn around day last winter! So much so that a few months later , we booked another one. Middle age and working, besides living in the midwest, we would rather do it that way, that go every year. January 2014, we're a waiting:)

The bad thing about B2B on Princess is that you go to the same ports 2nd time around unless you get off the ship for 1 day and get on another ship. That is what I have seen on their website. I may be wrong.

True for some itineraries, but not all. Some B2B itineraries on the Emerald in the Caribbean alternate.

Lew

We did this at Fort Lauderdale. It was fine. We took a taxi and went on an airboat ride in the Everglades, something we had not done before.

On our return it felt fantastic to just walk on without all the checking in. We got such a welcome from the entertainment team that we knew from the first week.

We prefer the traditional 14 night Cruises. We find it harder (no matter the Cruise line) to find a traditional 14 night Caribbean Cruise. Oh well at least there's the option of B2B Cruises which we enjoy very much. 7nights is way too short for us. Nothing less than 10 nights for us.

The bad thing about B2B on Princess is that you go to the same ports 2nd time around unless you get off the ship for 1 day and get on another ship. That is what I have seen on their website. I may be wrong.

Our cruise in a few days on Grand Princess is not repeating. First week is Eastern Caribbrean and second week is Southern Caribbean.

Those are 10 day cruises, Iwas talking 7 day where it was mentioned 14 day b2b. Sorry about the confusion.

Sorry... I didn't see where you specified 7-day cruises in your post.

With respect to 7-day cruises, Jules59 reported above that there are indeed B2Bs that do not repeat their itineraries.

Lew

At least some of Princess B2B options do include different ports. We're on the Grand B2B departing December 1, and our only repeat port is Princess Cays.

Archived