Celebrities on Celebrity...?

Xcitdcruiser

Now there's a celebrity I would be honored to sail with! I hope & pray they find a cure that will help Darius.

Thanks for the link. On the site, they thank someone named Lois, as one of the great people they met on the cruise. Could they mean "our" Lois?...it sounds like her!

Hi Rich,:) thanks but it wasn't me. I am quite sure I would

remember this event.

I don't know... I don't think she was on our Roll Call, but it has been quite a while!

Hi Tiffany,:) it wasn't me......I would remember it too. And we have never

met either. Maybe one day:)

Right back at you - don't eat too much, I know I will LOL!

Not a regular T-day for me this year. Doing unpacking and stuff. I moved

Sunday. No Thanksgiving dinner.....but I am watching football.

Oops....sorry we got off topic.:eek:

I appreciate and respect your decision not to "name drop" in order to protect the privacy of your celebrity (the people, not the cruise line!) cruise neighbors. That said, I'm curious why you would even bother to mention him/her/them to begin with. Not a criticism, mind you; just a curious observation.

I would not think it would matter now-while on the cruise that would be different. You would not want to broadcast it then.

I will say this I saw Matt and Amy Roloff on RCI Mariner of the Seas back in October 2005. This was before their actual reality show-there was a Little People convention on board it seemed. (along with the REd ( purple?) hat ladies LOL! that was an interesting cruise!)I had seen them on a documentary show. This was back before TLC showed so much garbage and back when it actually was "The Learning channel." I kept saying to hubby I had seen them on TV and he did not believe me. Since they had a balcony room on deck 7 and we were in an atruim view down a few doors from them I finally asked them. Matt Roloff said yes and told me they had their own show on TLC coming up-he did not say when and hubby said he was pulling my leg. It was not until the show came on the following spring that hubby finally admitted it was actually them. BTW we have Amy on video in Nassau at the zoo-she and my daughter were both chosen to do that march of Flamingos-LOL!

We watched the video a few years later and we realized "the Little couple" was on there too. They also had a room on deck 7. I remember she was so tiny that I thought she looked like a little doll and that her boyfriend looked average height in comparison although he was about 4'5". Although I saw seen the show a few years later when it came on, I did not realize it was the same woman until I saw her on our video.

Then there was the time we saw Charlie Sheen's" identical twin" on Carnival about 10 years ago. It was so funny we were seated with this guy and a blond woman, in her mid thirties and their kids, young teens and preteens. I asked him if anyone ever said if he looked like Charlie Sheen and he looked embarrassed and she just started laughing. They never replied to me and I became embarrassed myself as I had obviously done a faux pas. BTW she looked nothing like Renee Richards,his wife at the time. She was not nearly attractive and between that and why would Charlie Sheen pick Carnival?- that made me decide it could not be not him. LOL!

Hi,:) good morning. I don't think (just my opinion)....but I don't think

you overstepped at all. You asked a simple question. People go on

cruiseships all the time and so, being seen on a cruiseship? Celebrities

are part of the 1,000's of other people on board the ship.

Deleted.

Yes, someday! Seems like it just never works out!

Hi Tiffany and Bob,

So good to see your name again! I went through the "Original Inaugural" Solstice roll call (assuming that was the cruise) and I did not see anyone named Lois on our roll call. Sorry I didn't have the opportunity to meet Darius, I agree with you and your statement, "To me, that meant more than meeting any Hollywood Star".

Hope to sail with you and your wonderful family again---the boys sure have grown!

Darcie (Kitty9) - I think you were on that sailing also?

Barb

We were flipping through the TV channels this morning and noticed that "The Nanny" had a repeat of the Fran Drescher show which was filmed aboard the Century. I remember that show when it came out as we had just been on the Century a couple of weeks before and they used much of the crew in the Cast for walk bys on the ship. The Captain also made a speaking appearence. They had a dance contest during the show where Fran was trying to win the first prize, a free singles cruise on the "Galaxy.

Hi Tiffany and Bob,

So good to see your name again! I went through the "Original Inaugural" Solstice roll call (assuming that was the cruise) and I did not see anyone named Lois on our roll call. Sorry I didn't have the opportunity to meet Darius, I agree with you and your statement, "To me, that meant more than meeting any Hollywood Star".

Hope to sail with you and your wonderful family again---the boys sure have grown!

Darcie (Kitty9) - I think you were on that sailing also?

Barb

Hi Barb and Carmen!

Great to hear from you! I posted a Happy Thanksgiving message on our old roll call and got a response from msfancy :)

Sure you don't want to join us on the Reflection Dec 15?!

Hi Barb and Carmen!

Great to hear from you! I posted a Happy Thanksgiving message on our old roll call and got a response from msfancy :)

Sure you don't want to join us on the Reflection Dec 15?!

We just got off the Liberty of Seas TA (traveled with Gerry and Elisabeth - eliger - who we met on the Solstice), and plan to spend Christmas in Traverse City, MI with Christina and Carl (who you also met on the ship). They now have another child, so we are excited to spend the Holidays with our grandchildren. We just booked the Reflection for May, so you'll have to tell us all about it! Sorry I didn't get the message on the old thread.

Perhaps we can sail together again some day!

Barb and Carmen

We were flipping through the TV channels this morning and noticed that "The Nanny" had a repeat of the Fran Drescher show which was filmed aboard the Century. I remember that show when it came out as we had just been on the Century a couple of weeks before and they used much of the crew in the Cast for walk bys on the ship. The Captain also made a speaking appearence. They had a dance contest during the show where Fran was trying to win the first prize, a free singles cruise on the "Galaxy.

I loved The Nanny! must look for that episode!

Most celebrities, especially those traveling on a mass market cruise ship, love to recognized. Obviously they don't like to be bothered while eating dinner, etc or asked for autographs but they are celebrities and like the recognition of it.

Several years ago we ran into Buck Martinez and his wife on the Constellation. He is a former major league baseball player, Manager of the Toronto Blue Jays (I think), and now does play by play commentary on TV for baseball. Very friendly! We boarded with them in line and didn't recognize him. Then we sat next to he and his wife at the outside aft bar on the Constellation. It wasn't until his wife called him "Buck" did I realize who he was. Very nice couple that we had some laughs with.

Well, I will be incognito on my next cruise. But, you might run into me at the waffle line. :cool:

And I also! I AM a celebrity because I cruise on Celebrity and I AM Elite Class!!! Look for me. I will be on the December 1 sailing on Silhouette

out of Rome. :rolleyes:

Archived