Venice flight

OceanDreaming2

Hello -

Considering a cruise on the NCL Jade. I'm looking at Delta for the flight to/from Venice since they have a nonstop from ATL. We would plan on flying in at least a day early.

The return flight leaves VCE at 10:30 AM. That doesn't seem doable to me but perhaps someone with Delta experience can help. :confused:

Thanks!

It is about 30 minutes from the port to Marco Polo Airport. The airport is a mess. We arrived at about 10:30am for a 12:35 KLM flight. Barely made it. Lines for check in and security were a mess. No real line, just a bunch of people pushing their way in.

It is about 30 minutes from the port to Marco Polo Airport. The airport is a mess. We arrived at about 10:30am for a 12:35 KLM flight. Barely made it. Lines for check in and security were a mess. No real line, just a bunch of people pushing their way in.

10:30 is crazy. Just not doable.

Thanks - that's what I thought.

I live in Atlanta and did the Jade this past July. We flew in the day before and stayed an extra night when we got off the ship. I found it the best way to go since the nonstop is so early. We stayed right near the Piazza Roma which is where all the buses come in (it is next to the cruise docks and the only place vehicles can get into Venice proper). They run a bus directly to the airport which starts very early. We bought our tickets the day before and went on the 7AM (roughly) bus. It was easy and we had plenty of time to spare. In fact, the Delta counter was not even open when we got to the airport. We had to wait about 20 mins to check our bags, etc. It was pretty easy.

My review of the whole trip is in my signature. Just hit the link next to the "NCL Jade (Greek Isles)"

Archived