boarding V.O,S at the O.P.T.

According to my Celebrity documentation it does have priority, the same as Suites, CC, Elite and Select....so is there any one left who is not these?

Not sold as a perk, but I see you're right. I'm in CC so get to enjoy the same 'perk' - like half the ship!

Thanks Gbenjo for taking the time to respond so well to everyone's questions.

You are a real gem & an assest to all us Australian cruisers leaving from the OPT.

Good to hear RCCL are 'over the top' when it comes to cleaning to reduce the Noro risk.

I'm one of those who have everything ready & correct at check in & it makes everything so quick as you say, don't know why more people don't get organised, it's in their best interests.:rolleyes:

Julie

There was a special on some online T/A's that had that price ($147pp) for an inside cabin. I paid that and I'm not in the industry. The "coupons" we're offered by groupon. From memory it was asking about $250 for a balcony cabin.

Deidre

You got a good deal then, I hope the Groupon pax are not too wild :eek:

You got a good deal then, I hope the Groupon pax are not too wild :eek:

Yes, I was really happy with that price. I met a nice at lunch time that bought a coupon, She was with her mum. I didn't personally see too many rowdy people & I had a good time.

Deidre.:)

Are you able to drop your luggage off early, say 11am, and then come back at your allocated checkin time?

Absolutely.... baggage drop off normally starts about 8-30 9-00 depending on the baggage guys finishing unloading the debark luggage.

Thanks Gbenjo for taking the time to respond so well to everyone's questions.

You are a real gem & an assest to all us Australian cruisers leaving from the OPT.

Good to hear RCCL are 'over the top' when it comes to cleaning to reduce the Noro risk.

I'm one of those who have everything ready & correct at check in & it makes everything so quick as you say, don't know why more people don't get organised, it's in their best interests.:rolleyes:

Julie

Thanks for the kind words Julie..... appreciated

I think the ones who do not have their things organized are probably the same ones who whinge because they have to wait in line waiting for the other unorganized ones ;):D:rolleyes:

Thanks for the kind words Julie..... appreciated

I think the ones who do not have their things organized are probably the same ones who whinge because they have to wait in line waiting for the other unorganized ones ;):D:rolleyes:

:D Yep, I think you are probably right on that one.

They are probably the same people that want the cheapest fare possible, then complain about the lack of natural light in their inside cabin, whinge about waiting so long for a lift & that they put on so much weight on a cruise, yet ignore the stairs.

Complain about the food in the MDR but eat McDonalds 3 nights a week when at home....:rolleyes:

Hey this is fun! Maybe we need to start a new thread - 'World's Dumbest Cruise Complainers'....:D

Absolutely.... baggage drop off normally starts about 8-30 9-00 depending on the baggage guys finishing unloading the debark luggage.

For goodness sake my old friend, there's no such word as "debark"

when getting off a ship, the word is" disembark".

Possibly it isn't a real word. But crew say debark/debarks for short, usually as a noun, so it's in common usage (e.g. in a sentence: what duties have you got tomorrow? I'm on debarks). Which is possibly why gbenjo uses the term - it's valid :)

Thanks for all your info. Now we are traveling as a large family have different cabin levels so how does it go for check when all have different times.Will all be at OPT same time?? Thanks Irene and Stan.

Possibly it isn't a real word. But crew say debark/debarks for short, usually as a noun, so it's in common usage (e.g. in a sentence: what duties have you got tomorrow? I'm on debarks). Which is possibly why gbenjo uses the term - it's valid :)

I was recently reading an interesting article about the English language. It is a "living" language - taking input from many sources . In the past those sources were other languages. As a living language, it changes - and hence there is no "correct" English -- only insofar as what is generally "accepted". This article said that English language is most influenced today by how it is used in North America and on the Internet. I believe that "debark" is common usage in the US (for disembarking from a ship) .

I'm feeling very gay today (as in happy!)

Barry

Dis embark Dat embark... De bark is worse than De bite. I just go along with what everybody else says:D

By the way DIY :rolleyes:

The Australian Little Oxford Dictionary: debark /di:ba:k/ v. disembark. debarkation n. Now..... get off my back........ or is that..... deback :p:p:rolleyes:

Agree with dbenjo get off his back, who cares about using the word debark, have a look at some of the dreadful spelling (especially the american threads) used in these forums makes me cringe. Leave dbenjo alone we all love his advice :)

Agree with dbenjo get off his back, who cares about using the word debark, have a look at some of the dreadful spelling (especially the american threads) used in these forums makes me cringe. Leave dbenjo alone we all love his advice :)

Don't you mean deback ..get off ship..get off back :D:D:D

By the way DIY Dave is cool...... just having some fun....but just wait till he tries to check in... then I will get the bugger;);)

I'm feeling very gay today (as in happy!)

Barry

I'm sure your wife will be pleased to hear that!:eek:

Glad you clarified your meaning, it is of course an excellent example you have given of the living English language.

We had some fun with words in the US, even though we both spoke 'English', our friends thought the car boot instead of trunk was hilarious, just as we did with their 'Fanny Packs' for bum bags.:D

Don't you mean deback ..get off ship..get off back :D:D:D

By the way DIY Dave is cool...... just having some fun....but just wait till he tries to check in... then I will get the bugger;);)

Think i'd better shave my beard off and dye my hair. Haha

Thanks for the info about the baggage dropoff.

Well today we got the email saying our docs were now ready to print out. I have check both the set sail pass and the cruise booklet and both of them say to be there no earlier than 1pm. Nothing is mentioned about the staggered boarding times. I will be interesting to see if 1000s turn up at the same time. It doesn't matter to us as we would be on first boarding anyway.

Thanks for the info about the baggage dropoff.

Well today we got the email saying our docs were now ready to print out. I have check both the set sail pass and the cruise booklet and both of them say to be there no earlier than 1pm. Nothing is mentioned about the staggered boarding times. I will be interesting to see if 1000s turn up at the same time. It doesn't matter to us as we would be on first boarding anyway.

I have often gotten the impression, when travelling on cruiseships and observing the Management, that this particular cruise must be the very first one that they have ever done. :confused:

I have my own thoughts as to why it is not a good management practice to advise customers of one thing - and then do something else!! :eek: eg tell them all to arrive at 1PM and then put up a board at the wharf with staggered boarding times. Am I missing something here - or have Management practices changed since I last worked in the last century ??

Just wondering

Barry

Archived