4 night cruise: Celebrity Constellation or RCCL Liberty of the Seas

floridacruisegirl

My husband and I would like to celebrate our upcoming one year anniversary by treating ourselves to a 4 day cruise (note: our work schedules won't allow a longer, 7 day cruise).

There are two we're looking at in either January or February of next year: Celebrity Constellation or RCCL Liberty of the Seas. Both offer 4 night itineraries out of either Miami or Fort Lauderdale.

We are in our early to mid 30's and love cruising, as we find it a really nice, enjoyable way to relax, enjoy the sea views, and spend quality time with each other. The ports we visit don't matter too much because we've seen them before and will probably stay onboard most of the time and, if we do go onshore, it would be only for a short time.

If you've been on both ships, can you give us some advice on which one to book? Celebrity is my most favorite cruise line (I've tried: Celebrity, RCCL, Princess, and NCL). The largest ship I've ever been on is the Explorer/Navigator of the Seas. And, what appeals to me about RCCL Liberty of the Seas is that it's 160,000 tonnage and we've never been on a ship that large. I have a pretty good idea of the layout of the Constellation, as I once sailed on its sister ship, Millie through the Medit. That was my most favorite cruise to date, but that was back in 2007 before the Constellation and Mille received "Solstice" updates.

On Celebrity Constellation, I see us relaxing more, lounging at the pool, reading good books, exploring the ship. On RCCL Liberty of the Seas, I see us being more active, partaking in more activities (the ship offers surfing simulators, etc).

If you've sailed on both, can you recommend which one you would book again?

Thank you so very much! :)

Well congrats on the occasion! We have sailed the Connie but not the Liberty. One word I would say is that the Connie had the Noro virus last yr. when we sailed her and recently there have been reports of the bug plaguing it again despite the best efforts of the crew to sanitize the ship. They tried very hard last yr. too but many became ill including me. This bug is hard to get rid of.

Personally I would pick the Liberty as two people I know sailed her and loved it. There is more to do, ESP. if you plan being on board.:)

Well congrats on the occasion! We have sailed the Connie but not the Liberty. One word I would say is that the Connie had the Noro virus last yr. when we sailed her and recently there have been reports of the bug plaguing it again despite the best efforts of the crew to sanitize the ship. They tried very hard last yr. too but many became ill including me. This bug is hard to get rid of.

Personally I would pick the Liberty as two people I know sailed her and loved it. There is more to do, ESP. if you plan being on board.:)

Thank you for your reply. My favorite cruise line is Celebrity, but my husband's is RCCL. I appreciate your input :)

Since you have cruised on a Voyager class ship, you will be familiar with the Liberty. It's the same basic layout but with a few more features such as the Flowrider, cantilevered whirlpools, Sorrentos Pizza on the Royal Promenade, On-Air and the H2O Zone which helps in keeping kids busy with their own pool/water area. I have photos of the Liberty in my link below.

I have been on sister ship Summit and on Liberty (and Independence) My choice would be Liberty for different reasons. Much more things to keep you entertained. Boleros with her trio playing latin music every night, The Pub, Vintages, Viking Crown Lounge, disco, the nautical themed bar with live piano music.

Have sailed on the Connie and the Freedom, I would say

It depends what you want.

If you want to chill enjoy each others company and like a martini

I would go for the Connie.

On a short cruise you will have a ball.

In port there will be plenty of time to enjoy the ship,

The Connie has the T Pool and Ocean Liners is just Fantastic.

If you are looking for more activities go for the LOS.

The Florider is great as is the Royal Prom.

But another plus for X is the Smoking policy if you

Are a non smoker.

I am sure that whichever you choose you will have a ball,

And congratulations on your first anniversary, we just celebrated our 30th

on the Equinox.

Oh and by the way we are on the Eclipse and then the IOS in Feb /March.

The benefits of being older😎

For activities, I would choose the RCCL ship (but I've never sailed them). But as for demographic, on a four day cruise they will likely be the same. I did a B2B2B on Millie from Miami in Feb., and I was told that I would definitely see a difference in the passenger makeup between the 5 day and the 4 day. Sure enough, come the 4 day, there were people wearing shorts and wife-beater shirts wandering around in the evening. Never happened on the 5 day. Since Connie will be soing five day cruises also, you might stretch it to that...EM

If you want a kick back lifestyle, where you eat in the MDR or specialty restaurants, book X.

If you like the variety of food in the cafe, want to engage in more activities, and stay up later at night, book Royal Caribbean.

Either way, congratulations on your first anniversary, and whichever ship, enjoy the cruise, and yourselves!:);)

Rick

Faced the same problem when choosing a 4 day during spring break with two teenagers....after reading that there were crowds on the Liberty in the special activites that limited the kids time to enjoy them withoutmlong liens and crowds and the thought that our 16 year old daughter would be around a bunch of college spring breakers at that time we went with the Consellation. WE prefer class to wife beater shirts anyway. (This is a concern on any 3 or 4 day.) The smaller ship makes it easier to get from point A to B. I have been on the Millie and loved it. Just on another note, the kid count (on any sailing not just speing break) on the Liberty is always a good percentage.

Archived