8 day Cruise on the Splendor out of NY

dmart82

We've done the 8-day out of NYC twice, once on Legend and once on Miracle. I'm assuming here that Splendor's schedule will be similar, with two sea days, three port days, and two sea days. On our cruises, the formal nights were the first and third sea days - that is, first full day, then the sea day after the last port.

Thanks for all the help from every one. Yes I feel that one extra day over a week will be a treat, but the funny thing is that I really did not notice it was 8 days instead of 7 until I had already decided on it. Prof Peg hello to you guys too, Like all that snow we got, about 5" here today and possible 2-6 tonight, this is why I like cruising in the spring it helps me get through the winter.

We are also cruising the Splendor for 8 days. We are going the HMC,Grand Turk, Nassau route. We enjoy 8 day cruises. One of the posters said the 8th day seems like a bonus and it does. We just got done with a b2b 1o days and will go on a 15 day in Oct. We love the longer cruises. We like sea days expecially with our Grandkids.

Thanks for all the help from every one. Yes I feel that one extra day over a week will be a treat, but the funny thing is that I really did not notice it was 8 days instead of 7 until I had already decided on it. Prof Peg hello to you guys too, Like all that snow we got, about 5" here today and possible 2-6 tonight, this is why I like cruising in the spring it helps me get through the winter.

We lucked out today and didn't get that much.

Best time for us to cruise is in January, but heaven only knows how many times the roof would have to be racked while we're gone (not to mention snowblowing the driveway).

The formal nights don't seem so formal anymore and to me feel like a regular MDR night. But that is OK for me because I prefer the more casual feel of Carnival cruises. I am planning to book a January 2014 8 day Splendor sailing out of NYC. I enjoy the sea days so I am looking forward to the extra day. I live near NYC so using NYC as the departing Port is awesome.

I did Glory on a Sep 2012 Canada/New England sailing and departing out of NYC was the best.

We are booked for March 31 2013, love to book a spring cruise to help get through the upstate ny winters where we averge 200 inches. We had a reminder of the winter this weekend and forcast of snow most the week ahead. These message boards are my past time and very helpful with any question i have.

nybumpkin ... hope you catch this. Caught your review and have questions about your deck 8 corner aft cabin on the Glory to Canada. Looking to book the same one... wondering about noise from the Lido above... was that a problem at all?

We too looked at doing a cruise out of New York or Baltimore.. But how is the water? my dh say it will be rough sailing till we get to warmer water.. I hate spending so much on airfare.. We were looking at a 10 night on I think Princess out of New York or NJ..

We have cruise out of New york in April and Baltimore in March both where fine, no rough see (but I am sure there could be), with in 1 day it is bathing suit weather. I love not having to Fly. I want to try cruising out of NJ or Boston in the future. (Boston only has cruise ships there in late spring to early fall)

nybumpkin ... hope you catch this. Caught your review and have questions about your deck 8 corner aft cabin on the Glory to Canada. Looking to book the same one... wondering about noise from the Lido above... was that a problem at all?
We had no noise issues at all in the Glory cabin. That was on the starboard side. When we had the port side cabin on Victory (also deck 8), we did hear some chair scraping in the early hours of the morning, but it really wasn't a significant problem. I think the starboard side works better because the ice cream station is directly above rather than a bar area.

Archived