Carnival BREEZE Two-Day Cruise (Bahamas) LOTS of Photos! 11-22-2012

valancy1

Nice pix (will read the review later).

Was 2 days worth it?

Well, MrPete, I think so because we love being on ships and this one was the best yet. It had such a great vibe and we didn't see it "all".

We cruised for free because of my Marriott points and flew to Miami on miles, so it cost us tips and that's it. So yeah, I think it was worth it.

Only drawback is that we wished we could have stayed for the 8-day. This is my 2nd, and my husband's first 2-day cruise. This one went by SO FAST.

Thanks for introducing me to the Breeze with your pictures. Really makes me want to book a cruise on her soon! :)

EXACTLY. As soon as we saw the lobby and then our room (which we thought was a great size, actually), I said to my husband that we had to book a "real" cruise on her ASAP.

Since we have 2013 already booked (3 more in 2013 to make Platinum), it will be 2014... can't wait, even if it's an itinerary we've been on before!

Thanks for the review! I loved all the pics! I cannot wait to sail on her next May! So glad you got to meet John Heald. I hope to be able to one day.

He was SO great. Someone you could be friends with--seriously.

The day of the Bahamas (Friday, I think it was), we came back to our stateroom to find a gift from him. I don't know how he found us, but I guess when he's the Senior Cruise Director, he can figure anything out...

DSC03942.jpg

SO thoughtful and so unexpected, and so John, or so it would appear.

I specifically wrote on his FB page that I just wanted to say hi to him... he went above and beyond. I don't know if I mentioned this, either, but we saw Butch out and about at LEAST 6 times we ran into him (I have never run into any other cruise director at ALL, let alone 6 times) and EVERY TIME he stopped briefly to speak with us. He, too, is a class act!

We cruise the breeze in 6 days!! I love all your pictures!!

You are going to LOVE IT. I don't know if you have kids or not, but you owe it to yourself to go into Club O2 just to see it (I would do it on embarkation day when you are wandering around.)

Let me know if you have any questions... I'd be happy to help if I can!

You are going to LOVE IT. I don't know if you have kids or not, but you owe it to yourself to go into Club O2 just to see it (I would do it on embarkation day when you are wandering around.)

Let me know if you have any questions... I'd be happy to help if I can!

Thank you for your review we will be on her in September for the 8 day cruise, I cannot wait after seeing your pics. :)

I wanted to say there was a show in the Ovation Theatre. We got in there a bit late as I had something to attend to at Guest Services (which is right next door to the Ovation Theatre).

I encourage you to go... it still had singing and dancing, but they have upped the technology and I thought it was really well done!

Photographs... they still have all the photograph opportunities, but now they have a rewards system of sorts. You get gifts as you buy more photos. You have to purchase them all on the same Folio #, though for the rewards to "count".

The one thing I didn't love about picture-finding is that they don't give you a card with a letter or number on it anymore. You have to go a-searching for the backgrounds that look familiar and then hone in on finding your photograph. Not a deal breaker, but it makes it harder to find the area you need to search.

Now onto some other pictures:

DSC_1837.jpg

Here are the stacks moored side-by-side (and Norwegian's Epic right next door):

DSC_1801.jpg

Atlantis:

DSC_1794.jpg

DSC_1793.jpg

DSC_1792.jpg

DSC03936.jpg

DSC_1699.jpg

With lunch done, it was time to go exploring.

The ship is a Dream-class ship. So instead of the "action" happening on 9, it happens on 10. The 10th deck is still Lido, so the 9th deck is called Vista.

Thanks so much for the pictures and review excellent. I was wondering you mentioned that the "action" was happening on deck 10 which is now the Lido, so the main pool and all the bars and food is on the deck 10?, What is on Deck 9 (Vista) anything there

Thanks

I told Barry (my husband) that the pilot boat was right outside our cabin (when coming into Nassau)... he didn't take me literally, but it WAS!

DSC_1778.jpg

The Punchliner comedy club was back by the Piano Bar. We stopped in to see the "family friendly" comedian on the first night...

DSC_1772.jpg

Sorry if this is a repeat... not sure <G>:

DSC_1771.jpg

DSC_1762.jpg

Another O2 picture I forgot earlier:

DSC_1744.jpg

The floor in the main lobby:

DSC_1738.jpg

Thanks so much for the pictures and review excellent. I was wondering you mentioned that the "action" was happening on deck 10 which is now the Lido, so the main pool and all the bars and food is on the deck 10?, What is on Deck 9 (Vista) anything there

Thanks

It's staterooms! :)

Thank you for posting the beautiful pictures. It looks like you had a lot of fun! We can't wait for the 8th to get here!

I totally know what you mean!! You are going to LOVE this ship. We are planning on cruising her again in 2014.

I have to wait 5 more months to our next cruise. Even though they are smaller older ships that we're cruising on, I still cannot WAIT and will love those cruises too.

But there absolutely was something special about this ship. I would be surprised if you were disappointed.

Hey Debra!!!

Loving your review...as usual!

Ever since Dream came out I always said I would never sail on the newer ships. Everyone talks about the crowds. Also, I don't like the fact that there seems to be no privacy on the balconies (due to the Promenade Deck that sticks out).

I would really consider this ship though, thanks to your pictures. She's a beauty! But I would only do a Cove Balcony.

What did you think of the balcony area of your cove? It looks really closed in. Did you get any kind of a breeze? (Pardon the pun..lol)

Thanks for taking the time!!

Thanks for your review and pictures of the Breeze!!!! I am sailing this ship December 2013 with my family. This will be my kids first cruise. I was blown away by how Club 02 looks and was wondering how Circle C looks (my oldest will be in this club).

I did have a question, what was the weather like? I have never cruised in winter months. From your pics I was getting mixed views on this with some people in hoodies and some in bikinis. Any insight you have on this would be great!!!! :D

Wow! What a great review and pictures! We will be sailing on the ship this Sunday for 7 days. I had a few questions.

1. Was there many umbrellas by the lounges. I didn't see any in your pictures. We don't plan to sit by the pools.

2. Do you need reservations to eat at the Sushi restaurant for lunch too or just dinner.

3. What times were the comedy shows?

I know you may not know some of these answers but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Hey Debra!!!

Loving your review...as usual!

Ever since Dream came out I always said I would never sail on the newer ships. Everyone talks about the crowds. Also, I don't like the fact that there seems to be no privacy on the balconies (due to the Promenade Deck that sticks out).

I would really consider this ship though, thanks to your pictures. She's a beauty! But I would only do a Cove Balcony.

What did you think of the balcony area of your cove? It looks really closed in. Did you get any kind of a breeze? (Pardon the pun..lol)

Thanks for taking the time!!

Mona!!!! We are sailing her in 2014--would you consider sailing with us?!

Anyway, to answer your questions:

1. Crowds... I never noticed EVER being in a situation (except embarkation) where I felt "crowded". Not once. I don't know where those perceptions come from, but I've heard it from others who've sailed the Dream and we sailed her on her 1st birthday and we didn't experience that AT ALL. I'm stumped.

2. When we cruise on Breeze (or Dream or Magic) again, we will definitely do a Cove Balcony. Fell in love right away. I personally felt that the balcony did NOT feel squished or closed in. Without a very wide angle lens, it's hard to convey how they are, but in a regular balcony, the balcony is the same width by the door as it is by the railing. With a cove balcony, it flares out a bit at the railing area, so Barry had more space, actually, to stretch out his 40" legs. I loved it.

3. I didn't feel there was a lack of privacy and a cove balcony sort of even gives you more privacy because of the way it's configured, AND because they are on Deck 2 (Main). We did get a breeze--it depended on the way the ship was in relation to the direction of the wind. We also had the lifeboats directly above us (which I liked--it didn't obstruct our views in the least, but it did afford us more privacy).

I hope you'll write me sometime... debra dot groh at comcast.net I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have!!!

Debra, Thanks for the fantastic Review, we are on her on the 8th and can hardly wait. Your pictures are the best I've seen from any review, they really capture the flavour of the ship and I'm even more excited to explore her.

Cheers, Paul

Why THANK YOU!! Made my day!!

Wow! What a great review and pictures! We will be sailing on the ship this Sunday for 7 days. I had a few questions.

1. Was there many umbrellas by the lounges. I didn't see any in your pictures. We don't plan to sit by the pools.

2. Do you need reservations to eat at the Sushi restaurant for lunch too or just dinner.

3. What times were the comedy shows?

I know you may not know some of these answers but I thought I'd ask anyway.

1. Do you mean out by the pool--the lounge chairs? No umbrellas there. There were places with chairs and all sorts of places to lounge that were covered or had umbrellas, but not the lounge chairs. I can't think that any of the ships I've ever been on had them like that.

2. Bonsai (sushi restaurant) is only open in the afternoon/evening.

3. I am not sure for the longer itineraries, but our shows depending on the day were 7:30, 9:30 and midnight. Your Fun Times will tell you day by day what times the Punchliner is open. It's a fun time--I hope you get a chance to participate!

Thanks for your review and pictures of the Breeze!!!! I am sailing this ship December 2013 with my family. This will be my kids first cruise. I was blown away by how Club 02 looks and was wondering how Circle C looks (my oldest will be in this club).

I did have a question, what was the weather like? I have never cruised in winter months. From your pics I was getting mixed views on this with some people in hoodies and some in bikinis. Any insight you have on this would be great!!!! :D

I never found Circle C (I'm sorry. :( ) I am not sure where it is on the ship. I am trying to scan the ship map so you all can see it and study it, but my scanner is being poopey right now. LOL I'll keep trying.

The weather was gorgeous in the morning, but rain came through and so it was cold to be in a bathing suit. We tried, but I had to wrap up in a towel. I have never cruised in the winter months--I would definitely suggest posting that question out on the general Carnival boards (or wherever it is appropriate)