Carnival BREEZE Two-Day Cruise (Bahamas) LOTS of Photos! 11-22-2012

valancy1

Hi Debra, Love all the pictures you have posted. We will be on this beautiful ship in little over 30 days. We were wondering if you had any pictures of the Serenity deck? Would love to see how those hot tubs jet out over the balcony. At least that is the way it appears in the pictures I have seen.

I am inferring from your post that you may think that the hot tubs that "jet out" are located in the Serenity area when in fact there are 4 of them that are located on the Lanai Promenade on deck 5. There are 2 hot tubs up on deck 15 in the Serenity area, but they face inwards.

I just remembered something else to share... I am not sure if this was for this 2-day cruise or if it is something new they are offering for all sailings...

Internet for $14.99 for the length of the cruise if you were on the internet in the Fun Hub! Flat rate! That was fabulous, though we didn't see the sign for it until the last afternoon (we weren't interested in surfing the web).

I thought that was a fantabulous deal. I will be interested to hear if any Breezers get that same offer on upcoming cruises!

Deb, Great Review! We are laboriously going through everything for our B2B review coming up.. :D It was awesome meeting you and your hubby in the security line - glad to see you had a great trip!

The internet rate was just for the 2-day. I think the 8 day rates were $60 unlimited for one device, or around $120 unlimited on up to 4 devices I think... I'll have to see if I kept that flyer :o

Deb, Great Review! We are laboriously going through everything for our B2B review coming up.. :D It was awesome meeting you and your hubby in the security line - glad to see you had a great trip!

The internet rate was just for the 2-day. I think the 8 day rates were $60 unlimited for one device, or around $120 unlimited on up to 4 devices I think... I'll have to see if I kept that flyer :o

SO great to meet you both, too! I hope you had a great trip and more importantly when you cruise on Liberty for your honeymoon!!!

Where was this one.. I just got back about 3 weekd ago and the one I went to is New and its right in front of the Ships... They had an older one, but re build.. I never seen that one,,,

DSC03956.jpg

DSC03957.jpg

DSC03950.jpg

Some photos of Nassau:

DSC_1808.jpg

DSC_1806.jpg

DSC_1804.jpg

Oh, a word about the Straw Market... Scary and claustrophobic place. Giant open air "store" with a jillion vendors all offering the same junk. I didn't like it and got out of there immediately. EVERY PERSON called me "Honey". Yuck.

Where was this one.. I just got back about 3 weekd ago and the one I went to is New and its right in front of the Ships... They had an older one, but re build.. I never seen that one,,,

Are you talking about the fitness center? It's around the Sports Cube on Deck 11, I believe...

• 1 year later...

I also have to eat gluten-free. How was the selection? How knowledgeable were the servers at the buffet? Were Guy's burgers themselves gluten-free? I don't mind eating them without the buns.

Thanks!

I also have to eat gluten-free. How was the selection? How knowledgeable were the servers at the buffet? Were Guy's burgers themselves gluten-free? I don't mind eating them without the buns.

Thanks!

AFMD,

The selection is good. Barry ate what we "knew" was gluten-free at the buffet. We never asked a waiter there. Some of it is pretty self-explanatory. At the dining room, however, you can order any dining room meal through the hostess and it will be delivered to you--gluten-free. When you get on the ship and can go to the dining room to speak w/ the Maitre'd, this is when you will tell them that you have a gluten issue and the hostess will step right up and get you started on the evening's meal. She will visit your table every night and order up your food for the next day for the dining room. It doesn't apply to the buffet.

HOWEVER, having said that, if you want a pizza or a burger you can order them. The burger is GF because there are no fillers; however, if you want one on a bun, you have to ask for it a day ahead of time (at least that was our experience and it worked fine). Pizza only takes about a 15 minute wait and they will make you a gluten-free one.

They also have gluten-free pasta as well as gluten-free warm chocolate melting cake. Barry was pretty happy with the food he was offered. They had the stuffed mushrooms for him, and his favorite WCMC so he was a happy camper. :)

Hope this helps!

Hello all,

Back from our 2-day aboard the Carnival Breeze. I will be adding LOTS of pictures. Feel free to ask questions about the ship--I am not sure another 2-day cruise to the Bahamas is on future itineraries for this ship, but all I can say about her is WOW.

man i wish i could do a two day cruise out of baltimore

AFMD,

The selection is good. Barry ate what we "knew" was gluten-free at the buffet. We never asked a waiter there. Some of it is pretty self-explanatory. At the dining room, however, you can order any dining room meal through the hostess and it will be delivered to you--gluten-free. When you get on the ship and can go to the dining room to speak w/ the Maitre'd, this is when you will tell them that you have a gluten issue and the hostess will step right up and get you started on the evening's meal. She will visit your table every night and order up your food for the next day for the dining room. It doesn't apply to the buffet.

HOWEVER, having said that, if you want a pizza or a burger you can order them. The burger is GF because there are no fillers; however, if you want one on a bun, you have to ask for it a day ahead of time (at least that was our experience and it worked fine). Pizza only takes about a 15 minute wait and they will make you a gluten-free one.

They also have gluten-free pasta as well as gluten-free warm chocolate melting cake. Barry was pretty happy with the food he was offered. They had the stuffed mushrooms for him, and his favorite WCMC so he was a happy camper. :)

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the input! We've cruised on Carnival and others before - some ships do GF better than others. I tend to eat a lot salad and fruits for lunch and breakfast. I wish I didn't have to preorder dinner on Carnival - but the food has always been decent. This will be the first time my youngest has had to be GF so it should be interesting.

man i wish i could do a two day cruise out of baltimore

I was on one... just before this cruise on the Breeze. It was just after Hurricane (or whatever you want to call it) Sandy. Cruise to Nowhere. On the Pride. :)

I was on that too! wish they had more here in MD

thanks for posting all the pictures. they were great!! do you happen to have one of the hot tubs on the side of the ship?