Carnival BREEZE Two-Day Cruise (Bahamas) LOTS of Photos! 11-22-2012

valancy1

The ship is a Dream-class ship. So instead of the "action" happening on 9, it happens on 10. The 10th deck is still Lido, so the 9th deck is called Vista.

Lots of places like this to sit outside:

DSC_1715.jpg

Amazing photos! I especially like the one with the umbrellas over the chairs. It looks fake it is so gorgeous. But I know it is real because over in the corner you can see someone's hand. :) The Breeze looks so amazing and I hope DH and I can sail on her sometime.

Would love to!!!

Are you going your birthday week?

Well, seeing as we can't see that far into the Carnival crystal ball yet, I don't know! I would love to, but it also seems (thinking back) that we cruise a LOT in October. Hmmm... wonder why that is?

:confused::confused::confused:

My Hubby has to be a gluten free eater... thank you for including that info in this post. Any recommendations on a faster/easier way to make sure he can have lots of GF options? Should we go to Guy's first and "put in an order for GF buns"? What about in the dinning room and the other free options?

Thank you again so much!!!!!

Well, seeing as we can't see that far into the Carnival crystal ball yet, I don't know! I would love to, but it also seems (thinking back) that we cruise a LOT in October. Hmmm... wonder why that is?

I just thought you might go your birthday week no matter where the ship was going...lol!

But I agree, October is an excellent time as well!!

My Hubby has to be a gluten free eater... thank you for including that info in this post. Any recommendations on a faster/easier way to make sure he can have lots of GF options? Should we go to Guy's first and "put in an order for GF buns"? What about in the dinning room and the other free options?

Thank you again so much!!!!!

We have this down to a science now...here's what you do:

When you board, go to the dining room (I believe the general "opening" time of the Dining room is around 1pm). We never know which dining room is where the maitre d' is, but one of them. Tell the person that is at the desk that you would like to talk to someone about ordering gluten-free food. (It's always been the assistant Hostess, but you never know.) She will come and show you the menu for dinner at which time you can order whatever you'd like (including pasta and WARM CHOCOLATE MELTING CAKE).

If you want a burger or pizza, you need to order the bun or crust the day before, so you would have to plan a bit. At dinner, then, the hostess will visit your table every night where you can order your breakfast (if dining in the dining room), your lunch (on days where main dining room service is offered) and then dinnner.

When the waiters come, just tell them you have a special order. They will learn after one or two evenings and not even bring the menu. They have gluten-free bread that they serve you when everyone else gets a roll if you want it. Gluten-free eggs benedict that my hubby told me was quite tasty. He said that the warm chocolate melting cake is so delicious he ordered it every night! GLUTEN FREE!

So I hope that helps. Your hostess is the one with the mostest. She is the one that got our extra tip money this time. They do such a good job of taking care of you and your dietary needs!!!

October is our anniversary month...but this year we HAD to go in December to get on the Breeze and a little bit different itinerary....new islands...so maybe you can join us when we go on The Allure next year? We'd love to meet you and your husband..

Jan, how funny that you're booked on this one, too... (are you a groupie? LOLOL) Anyway, there wasn't much of a difference, though there are low-lying signs. I wouldn't say it isn't anything unlike what he's experienced going through his regular life. :)

LOL!! I booked the Breeze way back in June. I did not know you were sailing her. I have not booked the Valor yet. We can't agree on what month we want to go.

We had no choice but to fly in the day of the cruise. Thanksgiving Day was sunny and so I was hopeful that nothing would hamper our delay into Miami. (We flew on miles and cruised on points, so we had to do it "their" way. LOL)

How fun for us to get upgraded to 1st class AND then see this on our final approach/landing into MIA:

DSC_1659.jpg

DSC_1658.jpg

So exciting to see the Breeze (along with Destiny, we later found out) as we were coming in.

When we got to the airport, some guy asked if we were going to the port of Miami (we just were going to cab it to the port as there is a flat rate of $24 plus "specials" for additional people). He put us in his van (it was licensed as a livery) and away we went for $25.

When we got there, there were all sorts of these fun banner signs:

DSC_1664.jpg

DSC_1665.jpg

DSC_1666.jpg

DSC_1667.jpg

Boarding didn't seem to be too bad... how odd it was that the biggest ship of the fleet had this long queue and 4 people tending to us checking our boarding passes and passports before we went in through security. It seemed strange and a new process, because once we went through security and went upstairs via escalator, it was the same terminal we've always been in...

Enjoying your photos. What a huge difference in the size of the smoke stacks between the two ships.

October is our anniversary month...but this year we HAD to go in December to get on the Breeze and a little bit different itinerary....new islands...so maybe you can join us when we go on The Allure next year? We'd love to meet you and your husband..

We ALWAYS sail in Oct as well but wanted to try the Breeze too.

Great review, thanks, cant wait till Sat.

Thanks for posting all the pics!

I can't believe how great looking her interior spaces are! Certainly a step in the right direction for CCL in the area of interior decor. Hopefully Joe Farcus is gone for good. I'm glad CCL is attempting to class up their reputation, removing the cheesy quips on all the signs would be another good idea.