Carnival BREEZE Two-Day Cruise (Bahamas) LOTS of Photos! 11-22-2012

valancy1

Love all the photos. Thank you for taking the time to do this. My family and I board on the 8th. Thirteen more days! It looks like you had a good time. What a random table assignment. I wonder if it was just over booked due to it being the inaugural or if that really is the plan all the time?

I wonder, too. I felt like Baby on Dirty Dancing at the end--when Johnny comes up and says, "No one puts Baby in the corner." LOL

Next time my S&S card says "Upper" I am going to ask. In just a couple more cruises, I'll be platinum and should get my request.

DSC03956.jpg

DSC03957.jpg

DSC03950.jpg

Some photos of Nassau:

DSC_1808.jpg

DSC_1806.jpg

DSC_1804.jpg

Oh, a word about the Straw Market... Scary and claustrophobic place. Giant open air "store" with a jillion vendors all offering the same junk. I didn't like it and got out of there immediately. EVERY PERSON called me "Honey". Yuck.

The aft pool:

DSC_1799.jpg

Guy's burger joint:

DSC_1796.jpg

Lemme tell ya, these burgers and fries are INCREDIBLY good. My husband is gluten intolerant and he asked if they have gluten-free buns and the guy let him order one for the next day. Hubby was VERY happy to have gotten a chance to have one. They have about 6 different types. The one he got was called the Pig Patty, because one of the patties in his double cheeseburger was made entirely of bacon.

On the way to the Gangway... influence of John Heald?

DSC03937.jpg

DSC_1792.jpg

DSC_1791.jpg

DSC_1790.jpg

Quite an interesting thread you have. In reading I find we will be in your exact room in two months. I'll be interested o learn much more? How is the sound in your room? Any noise from up above?

It was quiet as can be where we were. We noticed NO sounds. Our neighbors to either side were quiet and lucky us--there was no one across the hall. We were mid-hall between elevator banks. We found that if we came out of our cabin and turned left, then went up 1 floor we were at the dining room (Blush) and up to 10 we were right at the Lido market. Turning right out the door and going down a couple of elevator banks would get us to the Gangway or up to midship on 5 or 4 (mezzanine).

The room was beautiful. The safes now do not require a credit card--you just punch in whatever code you want and anyone with that code can open it. Loved our cove balcony! I hope you will too!

Another thing about the rooms: They are energy efficient, so you must use your S&S card to turn the lights on. This is located at the left upon entering the cabin (before the bathroom door). Slide your card in there and all the lights will work. Whatever you left on before you removed your card will come back on instantly.

So what we did is turn our bedside light on and turn all the other lights off so when we came back from dinner and evening activities, we'd slide the card in the slot and then get the soft glow of our bedside light without all the other lights blaring.

Taking the card out of the slot will render you a few minutes of lights, but then they time out, so mind that if you are in the bathroom... it gets dark in there. Also, compared with other ships, when you turn the bathroom light on, it is ON... no delay, so if you get up in the wee sma's you might "brighten" your partner, too. LOL

Debra, thank you for this review. Love all the pictures. I wanted to also thank your husband for answering my question about my tall son (in you Valor review). We are booked on the Breeze for November 2013. My 6'10" son will be joining us. Did your husband find the Breeze more accommodating than the Valor since it is a new ship?? Once again, thank you for all the beautiful pictures. :)

Jan

Great pictures, Do you have one of the pig patty?

How foolish was I... we both had our cameras and didn't take pictures. I think it was because we sat at the first table we found and there was an open hole above us and when it started raining, we just dashed.

I guess it'll give you something to look forward to. LOL (sorry). It looked like a patty of nothing but bacon. Not strips. An actual patty.

I was also very surprised at how easy it was to get a burger. A LOT of people were chowing down on Guy's burgers, but it never seemed there were really long lines.

P.S., did I mention the fries were incredible?

Oh, and they don't "dress" the burgers--just to the side is a station with 'shrooms, carmelized onions, potato shoestrings, jalapenos, peppers and then a ketchup/mustard/mayo/bbq sauce station. That area is a bit congested because no one establishes a flow--just darts in and out of there, and it's close to a railing of sorts and the stairs going up to the next deck.

Debra, thank you for this review. Love all the pictures. I wanted to also thank your husband for answering my question about my tall son (in you Valor review). We are booked on the Breeze for November 2013. My 6'10" son will be joining us. Did your husband find the Breeze more accommodating than the Valor since it is a new ship?? Once again, thank you for all the beautiful pictures. :)

Jan

Jan, how funny that you're booked on this one, too... (are you a groupie? LOLOL) Anyway, there wasn't much of a difference, though there are low-lying signs. I wouldn't say it isn't anything unlike what he's experienced going through his regular life. :)

Great pictures, Do you have one of the pig patty?

Not trying to hijack your thread but check the new thread about the Conquest you will get what you want to see..

Great Review!! Have lots of friends who were on board for the 2 and now 8 day:D