Need minisuite help for Sapphire

emeltee

After weeks of intense research, I've finally figured out which cruise we are taking to Alaska. Then I find out I have to pick my stateroom. Yikes!

I'm trying to figure out which minisuite to pick: Emerald aft or Dolphin mid-forward

It seems like a lot of people like the Emerald minisuites, of which a few are still available (not the one that is most aft, though.) Is this because of the covered balcony?

It looks like it's right above Club Fusion. Wouldn't there a lot of noise from the club?

My husband is very concerned about sea-sickness.

The available staterooms are D311 or E729/E725/E721.

It'll be me, DH, DD8 & DD4.

We also hope to get a connecting minisuite (I know it would be through the balcony only) to my brother and parents.

Which one would you pick?

The mini-suite on Dolphin would have less motion of the ocean. However, these balconies are essentially uncovered and the rooms above have a great view of your balcony. It doesn't matter to some folks but it gave me the creeps. I moved down to Emerald on the next cruise because the balconies are covered.

I would definately take the covered balcony on Emerald deck for an Alaska cruise where rain is more likely to be an issue. We don't like the uncovered balconies on Dolphin deck.

Noise from Club Fusion is minor and only affects the two most aft staterooms on the Port side of the ship.

I agree--for Alaska, you will want the covered balcony so go for a mini on Emerald. The available minis that you mentioned are on the opposite side from the Club Fusion bandstand, so you will not get much noice, if any. Grab the mini quick, they go fast.

After weeks of intense research, I've finally figured out which cruise we are taking to Alaska. Then I find out I have to pick my stateroom. Yikes!

I'm trying to figure out which minisuite to pick: Emerald aft or Dolphin mid-forward

It seems like a lot of people like the Emerald minisuites, of which a few are still available (not the one that is most aft, though.) Is this because of the covered balcony?

It looks like it's right above Club Fusion. Wouldn't there a lot of noise from the club?

My husband is very concerned about sea-sickness.

The available staterooms are D311 or E729/E725/E721.

It'll be me, DH, DD8 & DD4.

We also hope to get a connecting minisuite (I know it would be through the balcony only) to my brother and parents.

Which one would you pick?

My husband and I were on the Sapphire in room E729 and just returned 11/24 from the MR cruise. The room was very nice and quiet, never heard any noise from Club Fusion. Loved the covered balcony.

The only small complaint I had was the large wood recessed lighting structure over the bed would occasionally squeek when there was ship movement. Someone must have complained about it previously because there were some small wood slats that had been hammered into a few areas probably to stabilize it. My husband said it never bothered him but he wears ear plugs at night. It wasn't constant but if I was trying to sleep and would hear it I seemed to concentrate on it and it was hard to ignore. We did not report it as it wasn't a deal breaker and we still enjoyed the room.

Go for the minis on Emerald deck.

I have had them 5 times on the Sapphire or he sister, the Diamond.

Never ever had noise issues. The minis on starboard side (the odd numbers)

are totally quiet.

The covered minis allow for spectacular site seeing at the glaciers and the other scenic areas, such as the narrow passageways the day before Vancouver, or the day after leaving Vancouver.

Rough seas are rare in Alaska, but it can happen. Take motion sickness pills with you, for your husband. They make all the difference. The captain will advise you of potentially rough seas, so you will want to have the pills readily available. It is too late, otherwise.

Bon voyage!

Archived