Emailing PVPs?

Aoumd

Has anyone here had trouble?

I've emailed two PVPs in the past week (one on Sunday, one yesterday) and neither have responded either via email or by phone. One PVP is "the PVP for the company I work for" and advertises to us employees that we should contact him. The other is the PVP assigned to me who emails and leaves voicemails pretty reliably one business day after pretty much any visit on Carnival.com. She left one on Monday after I visited the website this past weekend, but I was at work at the time, in a meeting. Given the nature of my work and lack of privacy on my floor it's hard to have a long conversation about planning a vacation during business hours, hence why I responded via email instead of phone.

I've never booked through a PVP before. I know sometimes with some TAs they have to quote certain rates over the phone, but I haven't gotten a call back in response to my emails either.

Given how timely PVPs are about calling when I visit the website, I'm a little surprised they haven't responded. What are your experiences?

Is possible they are out of the office on the Breeze right now. A PVP I used on November 19th was excited and was boarding the Breeze for the 2 day cruise on the 22nd.

I hope they are! Sounds like one heck of a "Business Trip :)!"

Is possible they are out of the office on the Breeze right now. A PVP I used on November 19th was excited and was boarding the Breeze for the 2 day cruise on the 22nd.

My PVP was on that same 2 day cruise. She called me in response to my email once she got back. I booked my cruise this week. :)

I emailed mine on Monday about some questions.

She got right back quickly.

I also sent her one today with no response. Maybe she is on the Breeze!!! Good for her if she is. I know she is one of the top 15 in the company and deserves some time off.

I emailed mine last Monday and just got a response back yesterday saying she had been away for Thanksgiving but someone was in charge of her emails. (I hadn't asked anything important...I was letting them know i plannned to book in january in case she came up with any special rates I should know between now and then...)

Thanks for all the responses! Hopefully they're "Enjoying the Breeze!"

If I don't hear back via email I'll see if I can scrounge some time together during a lunch one of these days to call back...I just gravitate to email because it's easier as I work on a floor where many can overhear my calls and lunch time is limited, so trying to make potentially lengthy personal phone calls during business hours can be tough.

I emailed my PVP on Sunday for the first time since booking a few months back....I've been looking for asistance from someone at Carnival to help with the lack of excursions listed for one of my ports....I've called Carnival 3x, called my PVP whose VM said to call another PVP. Left two voicemails for that PVP, no response.....emailed that PVP and no response and still no response from my original PVP.....

I've pretty much given up on trying to get my question answered.....but I am willing to bet if I said "I'd like to book a B2B for next year," I would get inundated with call backs...

Emailed mine this morning around 5:30am to see if she could figure out what was going on with our OBC and early saver form . By the time she called me back at 9:30am she had resolved both problems. I think it just depends who you get . All I know is I love ours and am not giving her up.

I'm in a similar situation and can't always have a conversation on the phone while I'm working. My PVP knows this, and is really good about responding to my emails. I've even texted him and he responds quickly that way too.

I've tried emailing my Carnival PVP with a few dates and ships I was looking at, and asked her for pricing to help me decide. She tried calling me; I missed her call a couple times and she missed mine once. I then sent another email and ask her for the information again. She then sent me an email and said she couldn't provide pricing in the email, that I would have to talk to her in person to get the best pricing.

I sent and email back and told her I would do my own booking, and if I had a question, I would call Carnival. That was my once and never again experience with Carnival PVPs.

I've tried emailing my Carnival PVP with a few dates and ships I was looking at, and asked her for pricing to help me decide. She tried calling me; I missed her call a couple times and she missed mine once. I then sent another email and ask her for the information again. She then sent me an email and said she couldn't provide pricing in the email, that I would have to talk to her in person to get the best pricing.

I sent and email back and told her I would do my own booking, and if I had a question, I would call Carnival. That was my once and never again experience with Carnival PVPs.

I realize sometimes with rates they have to be given over the phone, I was hoping to email first and just get the info to my PVP so I wouldn't have to repeat everything over the phone. Not blaming the PVPs if that's the rule they must go by, I just made this thread because I was curious what people's experiences have been with PVPs and email.

I'll try to find some time to call since it sounds like that's timelier.

I don't blame the PVP. If like you say you were looking at a few ships and a few dates for you to compare they would have to research and type up every Inside Category 4A 4B 4C 4D 4E 4F 4G 4J 4K 4P 4S and every Ocean View Category 6A 6B 6C 6D 6E 6J and every Balcony Category 7A 8A 8B 8C 8D 8E 8F 8G 8J 8K plus the suite Category JS OS VS GS for each ship and each date.

Then multiply those by every Promotional Fare you might qualify for on the few ships (Early Saver / Fun Saver / Funselect / Past Guest / Resident / Military / Senior etc) and it could take hours.

I had some time at work today and was able to reach my PVP via phone. It turns out she works both afternoons and evenings so I had more flexibility with calling than I thought. She was a real pleasure to book with and DW and I are really excited to say that we're now sailing on the Carnival Breeze in March :D!

Thank you everyone for your info and help, looks like phone is really the best way to contact PVPs, and it's a little more flexible than I thought.

Has anyone here had trouble?

I've emailed two PVPs in the past week (one on Sunday, one yesterday) and neither have responded either via email or by phone. One PVP is "the PVP for the company I work for" and advertises to us employees that we should contact him. The other is the PVP assigned to me who emails and leaves voicemails pretty reliably one business day after pretty much any visit on Carnival.com. She left one on Monday after I visited the website this past weekend, but I was at work at the time, in a meeting. Given the nature of my work and lack of privacy on my floor it's hard to have a long conversation about planning a vacation during business hours, hence why I responded via email instead of phone.

I've never booked through a PVP before. I know sometimes with some TAs they have to quote certain rates over the phone, but I haven't gotten a call back in response to my emails either.

Given how timely PVPs are about calling when I visit the website, I'm a little surprised they haven't responded. What are your experiences?

Last week or so I had an issue when I emailed the PVP, who ended up calling me after seeing that I had visitied the website and called after sending the email, and she stated that she had been out of the office but hadn't received the email. I did resend and she did reply back timely. I emailed her again yesterday and as far as I can tell she hasn't read the email (attached read receipt), so I'll resend later in the week when I want to add to the original email.

Last week or so I had an issue when I emailed the PVP, who ended up calling me after seeing that I had visitied the website and called after sending the email, and she stated that she had been out of the office but hadn't received the email. I did resend and she did reply back timely. I emailed her again yesterday and as far as I can tell she hasn't read the email (attached read receipt), so I'll resend later in the week when I want to add to the original email.

I was a bit premature with the response....other than being out of the office, she has always gotten back in touch with me; even when she's out of the office (was home sick). She's always right on top of things.

Why I like my PVP...

The day before Thanksgiving, we called our PVP to arrange a cruise for next year. He didn't call back all weekend, so we figured he was out for the holiday. Monday morning, as I was "dialing through" to his extension, my call waiting chirped, and it was him from his cell calling us back. Now that's taking care of business... :D

Archived