Port Canaveral - Where to watch ships sail away?

Babie

Some friends and I will be sailing from Port Canaveral soon. My partner and our daughter will be dropping me off at the ship and we think our 9 year old would enjoy watching the ship sail away. We live in Tampa so we aren't familiar with the Canaveral area.

Any suggestions on where to watch the ship sail by? Would Cocoa Beach Pier be a good place?

The Cocoa Beach Pier is too far away. The best place is at Jetty Park or one of the resturants on the south side of the channel

Do you recommend one restaurant over the other. We're coming in the day before the cruise and wanted to watch the Saturday ships sail. We thought the kids would enjoy watching and we could relax with some drinks after a long drive.

The Cocoa Beach Pier is too far away. The best place is at Jetty Park or one of the resturants on the south side of the channel

Thanx a TON! I looked it up on a map and the area does look perfect!

I hope your advice is found by others with this question. I'll report back with how well they can see etc... I'm planning on standing on the Starboard side of the ship with my iPhone strobe app on so they can spot the area of the ship I'm on as we sail by.

if you read every review for many years .... I think you will find the three places

Rusty's, Fish Lips and Grills are about even .....

I like Grills and I guess enuf locals do too since they have opened a second location (neither of the others have) .... GASP .... expanding in this economy. And a few years ago they were a finalist on Regis {and who ever} with their fish samich ('cept mine never looks like what I saw them prepare on TV . . . )

My family and I had a great meal at Fishlips in August on the night before our Carnival Dream sailing. When we arrived at 7:00PM we were advised that there was at least a thirty minute wait for downstairs dining. We waited for less than five minutes and enjoyed our seafood meal. There was a band playing upstairs and the place was jumping. It's an excellent place to see the cruise ships when they travel down the channel into the Atlantic Ocean.

Archived