“Live” from the Carnival Ecstasy: Dec 3-8,2012

MrFunInTheSun

Freeport shoreline

IMG_5432.jpg

Gingerbread village on the Carnival Ecstasy

IMG_5157.jpg

IMG_5158.jpg

Towel animals created during this cruise. Kept alive and together for DM until the last night when there was an accident and they all got so excited their enthusiasm blew them apart

IMG_5151.jpg

This one never got to join the party, once the bear and not sure what the one on the far right is fell apart.

IMG_5462.jpg

Thanks for the wonderful review! We were on the ship with you and it helped bring it all back. You couldn't have been far from us at any time because I have most of the same pictures. Amazing! You should have been at the Roll call meet and mingle. More fun. Thanks again.

Thanks for the wonderful review! We were on the ship with you and it helped bring it all back. You couldn't have been far from us at any time because I have most of the same pictures. Amazing! You should have been at the Roll call meet and mingle. More fun. Thanks again.

Glad you enjoyed. We could as well spoke or even ate together and never knew it. :) Certainly was an amazing week, torrential rains in Nassau and all. Those rains added to the adventure and was actually quite fun. Even the lady that went to the wrong ship during her pouring rain on her electric scooter had a fun adventure!

Both ships are equally good in my opinion. Both Fantasy class too, so other than the decor, they are the same. Check out my past live report that has the Sensation if you haven't had a chance. Fantasy class ships though are very easy to navigate around. Also don't think Sensation goes to Half Moon Cay, though I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Thanks, appreciate it!

Thanks so much! Wife and I are leaving Monday for this same cruise. never been to Bahamas before (or on the Ecstasy), so this gave me a lot of great info. (This is my first post, so sorry if the lingo is all wrong...)

\we sail Monday too. Can't wait. We have sailed her before, but never at holidays

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebean04

Thanks so much! Wife and I are leaving Monday for this same cruise. never been to Bahamas before (or on the Ecstasy), so this gave me a lot of great info. (This is my first post, so sorry if the lingo is all wrong...)

\we sail Monday too. Can't wait. We have sailed her before, but never at holidays

My GF and I sail on the same cruise on Monday! Can not wait as it will be our first cruise and first time to the Bahamas!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebean04

My GF and I sail on the same cruise on Monday! Can not wait as it will be our first cruise and first time to the Bahamas!!

Y'all have a fun cruise. Ecstasy is in great shape and is a fun ship for being over 20years old.

I was on the same cruise with my husband

Despite the rain in Nassau, we had some of the best weather too. Glad you two had an enjoyable cruise too. Perhaps we crossed paths and didn't know it. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
We haven't even sailed and we have lines at guest services already. Don't these folks realize they are on vacation and need to chill. :-)

96766038-ADA1-4226-BE73-932E07985DEE-269-0000002109AD6BDB_zps49b04f5e.jpg

1BD8DF5F-71E7-4399-B691-9A4DF820993F-269-0000002102DF465A_zpsef60ee7b.jpg

2E427EEC-1870-4941-A369-FE6DA688381C-269-00000020FB1BF3B2_zpse32758a1.jpg

Room service menu

99659789-8DEF-412D-AD2D-3E89182907AA-269-0000001E3C5131EE_zpsdc439f52.jpg

VIFP drink coupon

701C8742-493B-47B9-88C2-3CB671844F64-269-0000001E12A84B40_zpsce41978b.jpg

Off to explore the ship some more and enjoy the next few hours at the serenity deck.

Till a later time, live from the Carnival Ecstasy...

We were on the same cruise with you. In the first picture above my dad and I are at the atrium bar. I am in the orange shirt and my dad is standing behind me. We had a great time on our cruise

We were on the same cruise with you. In the first picture above my dad and I are at the atrium bar. I am in the orange shirt and my dad is standing behind me. We had a great time on our cruise

Nice. Got you in one of my pictures and didn't even know it. Glad you both had a great cruise. It surely was a great cruise. We couldn't have asked for a better week!

Looking forward to both of your reviews from the Ecstasy and the Sensation!

Nice. Got you in one of my pictures and didn't even know it. Glad you both had a great cruise. It surely was a great cruise. We couldn't have asked for a better week!

Looking forward to both of your reviews from the Ecstasy and the Sensation!

Thanks. I am going to be starting them tomorrow. And how did you like the Carnival Freedom??? I just booked a cruise on that today for a trip in March

Thanks. I am going to be starting them tomorrow. And how did you like the Carnival Freedom??? I just booked a cruise on that today for a trip in March

I loved Carnival Freedom. Sailed on her twice. She needs a few cosmetic things fixed, but I believe she has a dry dock scheduled not long from now which I would hope would fix the few things. The top two Carnival ships on my list to sail again or for the first time would be the Carnival Freedom and Carnival Breeze. However, the Ecstasy will be my last Carnival cruise for awhile as I venture more on Royal Caribbean. If a price should peek my interest on the Carnival Freedom or Carnival Breeze though I would jump on them though. I'm doing my best to make sure I don't view the carnival.com web site anymore other than to find answers to help those that may ask a question to avoid booking another Carnival. Will see how that works out. :rolleyes: I've also got a new friend I met on the Freedom that is looking to book another Carnival cruise and would be neat to cruise with them again.

Thanks for the wonderful review! We were on the ship Back in November, celebrating my birthday and our first cruise. Reading your review is bringing back memories.

I haven't written my review yet in part because I do not have all the pics. My BF has the ones from Nassau and HMC. I had an ok experience at HMC, hopefully I will be able to go there again. To really get to enjoy the island.

I read in a recent review that Ecstasy now has the comedy punchliner brunch, is this true? Cruising in 10 days and very excited!

I could be wrong but I don't recall the Ecstasy during my sailing having the Punchliner brunch. I'll have to check out my fun times to see if I missed it. Although, even if they did have it, I wouldn't have gone.

I take it you had anytime dining .... was Joseph the Maitre'D and are you still able to see the waiters performance they do each evening in the anytime dining?

Yes, we used anytime dining and I do believe Joseph was the Maitre'D, that name sounds familiar. The waiters do still do a performance or two. Depending on what time you dine you'll catch some or all of it. Not sure I'd do assigned dining again unless I have to or sailing with a group.

Thanks for the wonderful review! We were on the ship Back in November, celebrating my birthday and our first cruise. Reading your review is bringing back memories.

I haven't written my review yet in part because I do not have all the pics. My BF has the ones from Nassau and HMC. I had an ok experience at HMC, hopefully I will be able to go there again. To really get to enjoy the island.

Glad you enjoyed my trip report and had a great cruise back in November on the Ecstasy too. Half Moon Cay is a nice spot to visit. I haven't decided if I like Half Moon Cay or CoCo Cay better. I plan to visit for a 3rd time CoCo Cay during 2013, so I guess I'll be able to fully decide which one I like better. :)

Archived