Towels?

baggal

There will be fresh beach towels placed in your room daily, less often if you don't use them. In most ports, you're expected to bring your used towel back with you and put it in your room where it will be replaced with a clean one. Since it's Princess Cays, they might allow you to leave your used towel there and they'll put them on the ship for you. If so, there will still be a clean towel in your room that night.

[quote name='baggal']I just read on another thread that you have to bring towels with you to Princess Cays. How does that work?

I'm a Princess first timer - any other tips?[/quote]

There are blue & white towels in your stateroom. You will receive 1 per person each day. If you require additional ones just ask the Room Steward. There are also some extra towels by the pools, but you have to ask an attendant for them. They are for use at the pool, on Princess Cay, and any other beach you go to. You should also receive a tote bag for the towels and other items. Drop offs for the dirty towels is normally on the floor of your bathroom, but there are also a drop off locations by the pools. They also have dirty towel drop offs by the gangway when entering the ship so sandy towels don't dirty the staterooms.

[quote name='baggal']I just read on another thread that you have to bring towels with you to Princess Cays. How does that work?

I'm a Princess first timer - any other tips?[/quote]

More. The blue and white striped towels are for the pools, beaches. The all white towels in your room are for bathroom use.

[quote name='sknight']There are blue & white towels in your stateroom. You will receive 1 per person each day. If you require additional ones just ask the Room Steward. There are also some extra towels by the pools, but you have to ask an attendant for them. They are for use at the pool, on Princess Cay, and any other beach you go to. You should also receive a tote bag for the towels and other items. Drop offs for the dirty towels is normally on the floor of your bathroom, but there are also a drop off locations by the pools. They also have dirty towel drop offs by the gangway when entering the ship so sandy towels don't dirty the staterooms.[/quote]

So you can use as many towels as you want and no one keeps track? On RCL you have to sign in and out for your towels - otherwise you are charged.

No one keeps track. I was also surprised by this. Our first cruise was on NCL and they were strict about charging you for towels you didn't bring back from shore excursions. Princess lets you have as many towels as you want. I sometimes ask for two beach towels for myself in addition to the beach towel for my husband. I am on some medication that makes me sunburn easily. I like to have one towel under me and another for throwing over my legs or shoulders. Extra towel requests have never been a problem with Princess. When we want fresh ones we leave the towels on the floor. Nice clean ones are supplied when the steward next services the stateroom.

[quote name='tennisobo']No one keeps track. I was also surprised by this. Our first cruise was on NCL and they were strict about charging you for towels you didn't bring back from shore excursions. Princess lets you have as many towels as you want. I sometimes ask for two beach towels for myself in addition to the beach towel for my husband. I am on some medication that makes me sunburn easily. I like to have one towel under me and another for throwing over my legs or shoulders. Extra towel requests have never been a problem with Princess. When we want fresh ones we leave the towels on the floor. Nice clean ones are supplied when the steward next services the stateroom.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. It will be a more relaxing cruise when you don't have to worry about the "towel police."

[quote name='TracieABD']You will find the towels on the top shelf of your closet. Just ask the steward if you would like more towels.:)[/quote]

I very often use these towels as a bath sheet. We aren't pool people, so the extra large towels are good for regular use too.

[quote name='Pia1913']I very often use these towels as a bath sheet. We aren't pool people, so the extra large towels are good for regular use too.[/QUOTE]

The robes work great for this too... Just not to be worn in the MDR:p

Archived