Mariner of the Seas 6/9/2012 Cruise on CBS's "The Amazing Race" Last Night

ahecht

Last night's (12/2/2012) episode of The Amazing Race was filmed in Barcelona on June 12th 2012 and in Mallorca on June 13th 2012. It just so happens that Mariner of the Seas was in the same cities on those dates.

The teams took an overnight ferry from Barcelona to Mallorca that left at 11pm, the same time as Mariner's sail away. The ship was very visible in the background sailing away, and some teams were even shown waving to it. The end of the episode took place at Bellver Castle in Mallorca, and the cameras zoomed in on the Mariner in port a few times.

You can view the episode online at http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/E9YNLTyVdMvYObtECs_vYZYfIcobSwDK/the-amazing-race-not-a-well-rounded-athlete

The sailaway scene is at about 8:40 into the episode.

Did anyone on that cruise run into the filming or production crew in Barcelona or Mallorca?

Some pictures from the episode are below (click for bigger images):

th_sailaway1.jpg th_sailaway2.jpg th_mallorca1.jpg th_mallorca2.jpg

I saw that there was a Royal Caribbean ship there but couldn't tell which one it was. And since I was visiting my folks who have NO Tivo or DVR :eek:, I was unable to back it up and try to figure it out. Thanks for the info.

I saw that there was a Royal Caribbean ship there but couldn't tell which one it was. And since I was visiting my folks who have NO Tivo or DVR :eek:, I was unable to back it up and try to figure it out. Thanks for the info.

My wife would have been laughing at me for doing that. DVR and a 55" screen helps.

My wife and I love The Amazing Race and caught the RCCL ship too. It looked as if there were upwards of 7 ships in port that day. Never had the pleasure of being in port with so many ships .... Also, we want any duo but the 2 girls to win, they're annoying .... Hahahaha.

My wife and I love The Amazing Race and caught the RCCL ship too. It looked as if there were upwards of 7 ships in port that day. Never had the pleasure of being in port with so many ships .... Also, we want any duo but the 2 girls to win, they're annoying .... Hahahaha.

Annoying is putting it mildly.

Sue

All of you that love the Amazing Race need to try the Amazing Cozumel Race in Cozumel. It is a great way to see the city. We had so much fun doing it when we were there in October. Lots of fun and all the locals love to help out. Great excursion!!!!

Archived