Be careful when buying the watches on the Breeze

SmogMonster

Hi all,

Just wanted to give you a word of warning if you plan on buying any of the designer watches on the Breeze. They have a big watch sale that is very popular. The brand of the watches is Cote d'Azur. they are beautiful watches that Carnival claims usually cost about $100. They will be on sale for $20.

I bought one that looks like an aviator watch that has 3 little dials on the face. I tried to set it last night and discovered that the three little dials are painted on!

Was it still a good deal? Sure. where else can you buy a nice looking watch, pen and wallet set for $20? But it definitely is not a $100 watch.

As stated on my review on a different thread, we loved the ship and had a great cruise. We had very few problems as are planning on cruising the breeze again.

Why would anyone want to buy a watch on a ship.

Great place to buy name brand watches at a discount is jacobtime .com. I have purchased two Movado's from them and saved approximately 50%. They are stunning. I also purchased a Tissot for my husband in 2007 after he saw it on a ship. Got it for 50% off and at least $400 less than it was on Carnival.

Great place to buy name brand watches at a discount is jacobtime .com. I have purchased two Movado's from them and saved approximately 50%. They are stunning. I also purchased a Tissot for my husband in 2007 after he saw it on a ship. Got it for 50% off and at least $400 less than it was on Carnival.

Ashford is another great watch site.A week or so ago I saw a Baume and Mercier ladies watch for about $600 (retail was $2600). Of course you can get deals online but usually your buying an older model watch or at least last year's model.But if you know what you want and have a model number you can still get great deals onboard

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I usually buy a watch every cruise.My Citizen eco drives are 40% off retail and last forever.I agree you get what you pay for ,a $20 watch should be a warning that its junk

Love the citizen watch sail but if going to St. Maarten check the prices there too. Mine was cheaper in St. Maarten.

Those Cote de Azure watches have been around for years and every line we have sailed (Carnival, Celebrity, NCL and Royal) all sell them and all make a big to-do on this so-called "sale".

We have bought a number of watches on cruises including a couple of Citizen Eco-drives, a Fossil, an Invicta and a Bulova. No issues with any of them and the prices were very fair to what we would have paid at home.

and you didn't notice this BEFORE you bought it ?

That's kind where i'm at. But honestly I would have never posted the fact, that I didn't know it was painted on. And that they got me! However in his defense, watch out for the INVECTA watches, you know the ones they claim $750 for $199! Just go on EBAY daily deals, you will find them cheaper yet. Bottomline everyone [CYA] always, OR trust, BUT verify!

Why would anyone reply to a thread that is four years old?

Ask Goofy.

I've purchased a couple of those $20 gift sets, but not for the watch (those I still have them and they still work - I wear them on cruises). I bought each gift set for what came with the watch.