post your favorite excursion and why

ckr31

I have been on 10 cruises lot less than some and more than others.I am thinking of all the excursions I have been on I may have had one that was really worth it,and it was like so so(las celenas Puerto Vallarta Mexico) post your favorite excursion,location and why.

We've had quite a few wonderful excursions. At the top of our list is the day we disembarked in Civitavecchia and took a private tour for the day going to Tivoli. One of the best days in our lifetime.

Another wonderful one was a helicopter tour on Kauai. Gorgeous beyond belief.

My husband raved about his helicopter tour in Ketchikan, where they saw bears catching salmon (I didn't go, stayed with our kids for the day in town...pretty boring in comparison). The photos are fabulous.

Then there was ziplining in Puerto Vallarta...never thought I'd do that. Thrilling, but I'd probably be too chicken to do it again, so am glad I got that into my life.

There's more...looking back we've had some fairly awesome days :)

Exciting: Outdoor Adventure Zip Line in Puerta Vallarta, what a rush. Boat, Unimog, donkey, rappeling, bridges, and hiking, oh and many zips. Loved it.

Memorable: 2 day excursion to the pyramids in Cairo on Agean cruise. Wow can't believe I'm here!

Feel Good: Dolphin swim in Cozumel. The interaction was awesome.

Cruising helps me experience life not just live it :)

We've been grateful and so glad to have been in many places. Doing the excursion in St. Petersburg (as a children, we never thought we'd be able to go to Russia) was special ... as were many other places.

:D Silly as it may seem, our favorite was a 6 hour catamaran cruise on the DAY of New Year's eve in Antigua with a fantistic beach stop which could only be done by water. Big time party on the way back on the cat and so totally fun. Our girls were with us and it always stands out in their minds too.

Sometimes, it's not where you are BUT how much fun you have is the important thing. :)

LuLu

~~~~

Climbing Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios because it was my first cruise excursion when I was a kid in the early 80's and was the first excursion on the first cruise my husband and I took together. Don't care if I never go back, but that one wins for sentimental reasons. Loved ziplining in Roatan and cave tubing in Belize too.

Good question - can't wait to hear about others' favorites!

Some of my most memorable excursions/tours have been an overnight in Cairo; the 4x4 to Volunteer Point in Port Stanley, the Falklands; a 2-day private tour of St. Petersburg; a full-day tour of the Riviera with Revelation Tours; and so many more. They're each different and memorable. I think the best tours I've taken have been independent tours.

Two excursions stand out in my mind - horseback riding on the beach in St. Maarten, and a tour of Loch Lomond, Stirling Castle and the Scottish Highlands - both independently arranged. Experiencing St. Maarten from a saddle for the first time was an awesome experience, and Scotland was incredible!:)

A Princess tour to the Normandy D-Day beaches. It was in 1994, so part of the 50th anniversary celebration. When we boarded the ship (the much-beloved, much-missed original Island Princess), every cabin had a paperback copy of The Longest Day, which had been printed especially for Princess Cruises. The bus we took played a fascinating documentary about the landings on the drive there and back. We had a terrific guide, who really knew her stuff. A few of the men on the tour had been part of the invasion. Standing on Omaha Beach listening to them talk was an experience I'll never forget. Every stop that day was memorable: Arromanches, the beaches, the American cemetery, lunch at the Omaha Beach Golf Club (no, I am not making that up). A well-run tour to an awesome place at the perfect time.

that boss looks like lots of fun

It really is they take 24 max. passengers out They have 8 scooters ,you are underwater 45 minutes to and hour , There is a diver that shows you where to go , There is a shipwreck you go over , Fish are right next to you ,reach out and touch them as they go by , The people on the boat wating their turn on the scooters get to snorkel , Free drinks and snacks , very entertaing crew . They were voted #1 excursion in the Caribbean a year or 2 ago

A Princess tour to the Normandy D-Day beaches. It was in 1994, so part of the 50th anniversary celebration. When we boarded the ship (the much-beloved, much-missed original Island Princess), every cabin had a paperback copy of The Longest Day, which had been printed especially for Princess Cruises. The bus we took played a fascinating documentary about the landings on the drive there and back. We had a terrific guide, who really knew her stuff. A few of the men on the tour had been part of the invasion. Standing on Omaha Beach listening to them talk was an experience I'll never forget. Every stop that day was memorable: Arromanches, the beaches, the American cemetery, lunch at the Omaha Beach Golf Club (no, I am not making that up). A well-run tour to an awesome place at the perfect time.

Thanks for this great report. Must have been wonderful, being with the veterans on this tour. Loved the original Island Princess!

Touring St. Peter's, in Rome, was breathtaking. I'm not Roman Catholic, so I was surprised by how I was moved by this experience. The marble is so incredible, as is the sheer size of it. What an experience!

Also outstanding was the tour of the Hermitage art museum in St. Petersburg. Wow! I agree with someone else who mentioned that as children, we never thought we could visit Russia (the old Soviet Union).

I am still grateful for the chance to have seen these awesome places.

We've had so many great excursions (mostly by independent operators) it's hard to pick just one.

Some we've loved: ziplining in Roatan and Costa Rica

Tour in Dominica that included water falls, hot springs, etc.

Tour of the Amalfi coast

Snorkeling Champagne Reef in Dominica

Tour of Mt. St. Michel's in France

and the list goes on!

Archived