Leave in Conditioner

Buster27

Could someone recommend a good spray leave in hair conditioner.

I would like something very light.....mainly just a detangler.

I find condtioner to be heavy, but I do need a detangler to

comb out.

Anyone???? Would like one for my cruise in January.

THANKS

I use two one by Dove and the other by Fantastic Sams...

I use a rinse out one too but because I have very fine hair and my climate is very dry I get horrible static just in everyday living and if I blow dry or heat curl my hair it is better to lightly spritz with the leave in to help.

I hardly ever wear anything fleece just for the static problem.

I am looking forward to my cruise so I can relax about the static! LOL

If you have a hairstylist that you see on a regular basis ask them for a recommendation. We all have different hair types and it can be misleading to advise a person to a particular product.

If you don't have anyone to ask, read the product bottle carefully, product manufacturers spend a lot of money on research and the advise on the bottle is specific.

I used a leave in conditioner for years, but I find it makes my hair too heavy. Now I use a detangling solution in the shower, but rinse it out, I find hair conditioner also weighs my hair down. Use a large tooth comb when your hair is wet, combing from the bottom up.

My advise is to buy the smallest bottle of product you can find for trial purposes, until you find just the right one.

If you have a hairstylist that you see on a regular basis ask them for a recommendation. We all have different hair types and it can be misleading to advise a person to a particular product.

If you don't have anyone to ask, read the product bottle carefully, product manufacturers spend a lot of money on research and the advise on the bottle is specific.

I used a leave in conditioner for years, but I find it makes my hair too heavy. Now I use a detangling solution in the shower, but rinse it out, I find hair conditioner also weighs my hair down. Use a large tooth comb when your hair is wet, combing from the bottom up.

My advise is to buy the smallest bottle of product you can find for trial purposes, until you find just the right one.

BBM

Great advice--thanks!!!

Biolage Daily Leave-In Tonic is very light, very faint smell, good detangler, and helps control static if you have fine hair (like me). Just a few sprays in your hand and then rub through your hair, then add your usual gel or mousse for styling. I use it every day.

Biolage Daily Leave-In Tonic is very light, very faint smell, good detangler, and helps control static if you have fine hair (like me). Just a few sprays in your hand and then rub through your hair, then add your usual gel or mousse for styling. I use it every day.

That's what I used to use. Keep it off your scalp as it leaves a sticky residue. I used to just spray it directly onto the ends of my hair, just a tiny bit...a little goes a long way!

Infusium 23. I used this for years (have now moved to a heavier duty conditioner for dry hair) and can HIGHLY recommend it. Inexpensive and yet does a great job of detangling. It seems to provide some protection from heat damage, but again it is not meant to be a heavy-duty product.

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=3085

Go to http://www.makeupalley.com

sign up (for free) and you have access to hundreds of product reviews by users - you can sort by age and other options - you can check on 'ratings' and how many would buy the product again.

I have found it very helpful in finding particular products for myself (and my daughter!)

• 2 weeks later...

Try Mane 'N' Tail conditioner. Originally for horses....you can get it at grocery stores. Use a small amount as a leave in conditioner. One huge bottle will last you and three generations of your descendants the rest of your lives.

I've been using it for 20 plus years....just put some in a small bottle for trips.

Archived