Independance of the seas..Freeport Visit photos 12.07.12

What a beautiful sight it was to see the Independence of the seas unscheduled visit in Freeport, Bahama's on Friday, December 7, 2012.

On Friday morning when logging into CC and seeing on my cruise report I was writing that Independence of the seas would be in Freeport that day. At the time I read it, I didn't really think anything of it, other than cool, I get to see Independence of the sea. And I hadn't done research to see what other ships would be at port with us. At the time though, what I didn't realize was it wasn't supposed to be docking in Freeport. We go and exit the ship and I look all around and didn't see Independence of seas anywhere in sight. Our only port mate was Carnival Pride and of course in a distance Enchantment of the seas in dry dock and another ship. I then learned that Carnival Pride was leaving at 130 and Independence of the seas was docking after she left.

Carnival Pride leaving Freeport, making room for the lovely Independence of the seas.

IMG_6539.jpg

We go about our day and excursion and watch Carnival Pride leave a little late at 1:40 as 8 folks almost missed the ship (Got some nice video of these two groups of people almost miss the ship). After the Carnival Pride had left I was speaking with one of the lady's at one of the shops at the pier and I said to her, I bet you are excited another ship is coming in? She said, no, there isn't another ship coming in. I looked at her and smiled and said, yes, Independence of the seas is coming in here shortly. You may want to check with someone so that you're prepared. A while later she saw me again and said thank you for telling me. We finally got the notice that this ship is coming in. I said, that's good, right. She said, oh yes, we pray all the time for the ships to come here.

Awhile later I see all these people from the docks taking pictures as she was coming in (workers at the stores and others). I said to one of them, why are you looking so much in awe? Haven't you seen this ship here before? She was like, no, this ship has never docked here before. Another lady said to me, Nassau gets all the ships, we don't get them here.

Here she comes through the channel.

IMG_6540.jpg

At first everyone thought she was just going to scoot over to the dock. What beauty everyone didn't have in mind from land at first was she was going to turn around in the port. What a sight. I'll post those pictures too, but it looked like the ship would reach from one end of the channel to the other.

IMG_6543.jpg

Here she is turned around. Am waiting for my other pictures from my iPhone to upload to iCloud, then I'll post those as she was turning around in the channel.

IMG_6545.jpg

IMG_6547.jpg

IMG_6551.jpg

Thank you for posting these great pictures! We were on the Independence of the Seas and now I can add some new pictures to my cruise collection. One of your pictures also shows us on our balcony near the bridge (of course only I know that tiny blob in the picture is us). ;)

We were disappointed by the re-route and since we got in late and were leaving at around 8:30 we decided not to go into the city.

Thank you for posting these great pictures! We were on the Independence of the Seas and now I can add some new pictures to my cruise collection. One of your pictures also shows us on our balcony near the bridge (of course only I know that tiny blob in the picture is us). ;)

It was also fun for us to see Carnival Ecstasy again. It was our first cruise ship!

We were disappointed by the re-route and since we got in late and were leaving at around 8:30 we decided not to go into the city.

Glad you like them. Ecstasy took my cruise virginity too, hence it was time to sail her one more time. Will most likely be my last CCL cruise for awhile as I venture more on RCCL. :)

Wait till you see the pictures once I get them all loaded to photo bucket and then posted on here of y'all turning in the channel.

Archived