The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

OP stands for Original Poster (person who wrote the first post on a thread)

And the "Spreadsheet" is actually a "Sticky" at the top of the main Celebrity page on CC.

It looks like this:

Sticky: S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!! (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

You open the thread then put the cabin number you want to know about in the Search box.

Thank you so much for this information , most helpful ...

Where is this spread sheet , please ? And what does OP stand for ?

here is the link for the spreadsheet, basically, mini cabin review from those who actually cruised in the cabins:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

OP stands for Original Poster ( the person who starts the thread)

Thanks, Wednesday! I think I will be happy with the cabins I've booked. At least for now, I'm staying put!

When are you sailing? If it is before 6/22/13 can you please post a report in the cabin sticky.:) I will make sure to when I return, I will also take a lot of photos.

When are you sailing? If it is before 6/22/13 can you please post a report in the cabin sticky.:) I will make sure to when I return, I will also take a lot of photos.

We don't sail til Jan. 2014 :( so I will be looking forward to your post and pictures!

What an amazing thread! This will be our first cruise on Celebrity and we are looking at cabins 8261 & 8277 on Reflection. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

8261 & 8277 - very good location on the hump.

The picture below is actually the Solstice with 8261 & 8277 as they would be on the Reflection.

21jqi5i.jpg

8261 & 8277 - very good location on the hump.

The picture below is actually the Solstice with 8261 & 8277 as they would be on the Reflection.

21jqi5i.jpg

Thank you for this wonderful and informative thread!

We are on the Eclipse in 9276. Will the "X" block our view? Will the lifeboats below block our view of the water? Thanks!

I am new to Celebrity and greatly appreciate the information and many opinions on this thread. I am researching a future cruise on the Silhouette. I typically make the cabin choices/recommendations for my family and friends so it helps having this information and the spreadsheet as well. Thanks!

Thank you for this wonderful and informative thread!

We are on the Eclipse in 9276. Will the "X" block our view? Will the lifeboats below block our view of the water? Thanks!

It's a very good location on the hump.

But your balcony seems to be taken by someone else...

There will be no "X", no lifeboats below.

The hump overlooks a "balcony" that is a small extention of the corridor behind lifeboats.

359hi4j.jpg

It's a very good location on the hump.

But your balcony seems to be taken by someone else...

There will be no "X", no lifeboats below.

The hump overlooks a "balcony" that is a small extention of the corridor behind lifeboats.

359hi4j.jpg

Didn't know we'd be looking down on a promenade deck (while standing at balcony). but thank you for your help!

Yes, someone is on "our" balcony!!!!:p

We were in 2105 on the Eclipse and loved it. The balcony is huge and you can see both forward and aft from the balcony. Perfect for breakfast room service each day and you are steps away from the pool area. There was zero noise issues for us with the bathroom above. Hope this helps.

I am so glad it wasn't an issue...we are in 2106 in two weeks....moved from a small balcony C3 to this one when it came open last month at the same price. Thought it would be a great room, and didn't think the bathroom would be that big of an issue. Probably isn't used that much at night when noise would be a problem. The larger balcony would be worth a little noise to me.

How is "Modern Luxury" doing at this point?

We have observed public rooms (not all of them yet).

Celebrity’s designers have missed a chance: axial planning would have been a dramatic improvement.

Celebrity S-Class Ships feature ordinary lateral planning that is typical for smaller cruise ships.

Nevertheless, major public spaces are very close to their advertising slogan (except for the Reflection).

See the first part of the review.

We have inspected Celebrity S-Class ships cabins - almost inch by inch.

Attention was paid to cabins sizes and layout, balconies and their location.

Overall score is average.

Celebrity cabins & balconies have revealed too many issues to be entitled to "modern luxury" logo.

Standard cabins have simple and modern “IKEA” look.

However, they have been made narrower than usual to fit more cabins into a given space and have minimally adequate storage space for two guests.

Signs of luxury?

No. Quite the opposite.

Unusually large number of balconies is affected by lifeboats, hypertrophic overhang and huge struts to support it.

Surprisingly, many of expensive cabins are placed under public areas and the overhang.

It’s also quite symptomatic that the percentage of premium cabins (mini-suites and higher) on Celebrity Eclipse is two times lower than on HAL and Princess flagships.

Celebrity cabins and “modern luxury”?

Typical mass market. In some aspects higher, in some aspects lower than average.

Luxury has not spent a night there.

Now we go to the next part – open decks.

Balcony questions (if any) are still more than welcome.:)

Edited by cruisetrail

How is "Modern Luxury" doing at this point?

We have observed public rooms (not all of them yet).

Celebrity’s designers have missed a chance: axial planning would have been a dramatic improvement.

Celebrity S-Class Ships feature ordinary lateral planning that is typical for smaller cruise ships.

Nevertheless, major public spaces are very close to their advertising slogan (except for the Reflection).

See the first part of the review.

We have inspected Celebrity S-Class ships cabins - almost inch by inch.

Attention was paid to cabins sizes and layout, balconies and their location.

Overall score is average.

Celebrity cabins & balconies have revealed too many issues to be entitled to "modern luxury" logo.

Standard cabins have simple and modern “IKEA” look.

However, they have been made narrower than usual to fit more cabins into a given space and have minimally adequate storage space for two guests.

Signs of luxury?

No. Quite the opposite.

Unusually large number of balconies is affected by lifeboats, hypertrophic overhang and huge struts to support it.

Surprisingly, many of expensive cabins are placed under public areas and the overhang.

It’s also quite symptomatic that the percentage of premium cabins (mini-suites and higher) on Celebrity Eclipse is two times lower than on HAL and Princess flagships.

Celebrity cabins and “modern luxury”?

Typical mass market. In some aspects higher, in some aspects lower than average.

Luxury has not spent a night there.

Now we go to the next part – open decks.

Balcony questions (if any) are still more than welcome.:)

While I have enjoyed your photo tour...in answer to your question, well... I think that Modern Luxury is doing just fine. I like the consistency that Celebrty provided on this class of ship to have a nice long vacation. I like the clean and fresh and spa like aura. I don't like dowdy, so I feel pretty darn good about my environment on all the Solstice Class ships.

I don't need to know about the placement of an engine in cars I drive, for example, but I sure like the ride and how things look and feel to me while I am sitting in the seat!

So yes, I get the label of Modern, and I get the label of Luxury.

The assocation to Ikea is a bit off I feel. They do quite a good job at enginnering and packaging and have furniture products that appeal to many at a good price point, but the shortfall is that the fit and finish no matter what it looks like when put together.

Not a Solstice Class ship, which in contrast, is quite well done.

Open Deecks from Bow to Stern

This place is often called "helipad".

In fact helicopters are not supposed to land here.

23l1oud.jpg

"Helipad" party (by invitation):

dzv8mq.jpg

15ry0lx.jpg

This precious space on the roof of the bridge (where front observation deck should have been) is not used.

10enawx.jpg

S-Class ships have two front open observation areas - beautiful places to admire scenic views.

344fqeq.jpg

To be continued...

Edited by cruisetrail

Basketball Court takes some space on decks 14-15 forward.

This is very unusual location.

How did it happen to be here?

The grass lawn took space where sport courts and aft pools are normally located on cruise ships.

So the basketball court had to jump from the stern to the front of the ship.

Now it's awkwardly located next to a small Solstice deck (deck 15) that is supposed to have been a "serene area".

2jc9afr.jpg

somkhx.jpg

U-shaped Deck 14 (far from crowds) is probably the most spectacular part of the ship:

5kkiso.jpg

Solstice Deck

szctud.jpg

Solstice Deck is too small for this ship.

Who decided to place a basketball court next to it.....

25t8c5z.jpg

To be continued...

1108 is not bad.

The overhang is close but not not right on your head.

Extra deep balcony.

Not the "first off the hump" unfortunately - no aft view, more lifeboats below (but far below that is +).

This is the Silhouette (same location on the Solstice):

if0r5u.jpg