The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

What statistics?

Just add these photos to the cabin spreadsheet.

I would book something more livable.

Your opinion may be different.

You mentioned statistics in reply to other people when they questioned your rationale. I want to clarify that I appreciate your effort and I find the photos helpful but I tend to put credence in the opinions of people that have stayed in these rooms. I have stayed in a room below the buffet on a Royal Caribbean ship and it was super quiet and I liked the privacy of the overhang, I realize that cabins that are under the busier parts that have solid surface floors are noisy but it seems (from reviews) that most of the hump cabins in this area are quiet.

I am just saying for this to truly be helpful you should consult the spreadsheet and incorporate that into your cabin recommendations and not just assume because of the location it is a bad cabin.

I think this cabin with it's super convenient location and good reviews will be very livable.

Edited by wednesday

Cruisetrail, this is an absolutely invaluable masterpiece of a thread. Truly breathtaking. So, my question is I'm on Reflection in 8345 (A1 balcony), which would be comparable, I think, to 8343 on other S-class ships. I know it's the last aft cabin before the suite. Any thoughts?

It's 8345 on Reflection and Silhouette.

Same as 8338 on other side where people are standing..

2wf1yc0.jpg

You mentioned statistics in reply to other people when they questioned your rationale. I want to clarify that I appreciate your effort and I find the photos helpful but I tend to put credence in the opinions of people that have stayed in these rooms. I have stayed in a room below the buffet on a Royal Caribbean ship and it was super quiet and I liked the privacy of the overhang, I realize that cabins that are under the busier parts that have solid surface floors are noisy but it seems (from reviews) that most of the hump cabins in this area are quiet.

I am just saying for this to truly be helpful you should consult the spreadsheet and incorporate that into your cabin recommendations and not just assume because of the location it is a bad cabin.

I think this cabin with it's super convenient location and good reviews will be very livable.

Still don't know what statistics you are talking about.

Statistics was relaned to passenges soace ratio and suite cabins ratio.

Pehaps, you mean the general rule "cabins above and below"?

Royal Caribbean ships do not exist without names.

Which one?

I agree with you - the more sources the better.

Still don't know what statistics you are talking about.

Statistics was relaned to passenges soace ratio and suite cabins ratio.

Pehaps, you mean the general rule "cabins above and below"?

Royal Caribbean ships do not exist without names.

Which one?

I agree with you - the more sources the better.

Yes when you were talking about location you used the term.

It was on the Mariner of the Seas (see my sig), a deck 10 aft JS and the best cabin I have ever stayed in. I am not a sun worshiper so I prefer the privacy of the overhang.

I do think this thread has real potential to be a very helpful tool.

Edited by wednesday

Thank you so very much for all this information. I've never sailed on "S" class, so this is invaluable.

Did I miss opinion/picture of 8252 on Eclipse?

Thanks, in advance.

Your cabin is one of the most popular.

8252 on the Eclipse is where 8250 is on the Sihouette:

54tx0o.jpg

8252 on the Solstice:

35lumc3.jpg

Yes when you were talking about location you used the term.

It was on the Mariner of the Seas (see my sig), a deck 10 aft JS and the best cabin I have ever stayed in. I am not a sun worshiper so I prefer the privacy of the overhang.

I do think this thread has real potential to be a very helpful tool.

RCI Voyager class and RCI Freedom class ships differ from Celebrity dramatically.

Unlike Celebrity, those are true cruise ships.

We'll talk about that in the next part.

RCI Voyager class and RCI Freedom class ships differ from Celebrity dramatically.

Unlike Celebrity, those are true cruise ships.

We'll talk about that in the next part.

Yes I know, we have also done the Eclipse. My ideal ship would be a combination of the Solstice class and the Voyager class of ships.

I do think the cabin situation (except not having the awesome aft view and space of a JS) will be very similar

Edited by wednesday

Cabin situation is fundamentally different.

Different philosophy, different worlds.

Not sure what you mean about diff. philosophy and worlds:confused: As far as location they have many similarities with being below the seating area in the buffet and having an overhang. They both also have rather large balconies but on Celebrity's I won't have to smell cigarette smoke. I understand the rest of the ship is different, I have sailed in a Celebrity concierge cabin so I know what I am getting into as far as being on a Solstice class ship goes.

Love these pics of cabins and balconies.

But why, cruisetrail, is everyone on-board wearing the same hat with black bow? Was it a theme cruise or something ie. cruise for people with straw hats with black bows?

haha

Looks like the hats were photoshopped on to protect people's identity.

Great pics but I have been researching cabin 2110 and its match on the port side and have only read good reviews, so I am having trouble understanding your "don't book these cabins" claim. I know you say statistics are behind your opinions but having taken stats classes out the nose for my degree there is one thing I know and that is statistics can be made to reflect whatever the statistician wants them to, just saying. I would hope that people would look at the cabin spreadsheet before taking your recommendations as the gospel.

Ahh, yes, theory vs. actual experience! The photos are very nice, but the spreadsheet gives actual first hand information... actually, I have to thank the OP, he has marked down many of the most sought after cabins as "do not book" maybe they'll be easier to get now. :D

Ahh, yes, theory vs. actual experience! The photos are very nice, but the spreadsheet gives actual first hand information... actually, I have to thank the OP, he has marked down many of the most sought after cabins as "do not book" maybe they'll be easier to get now. :D

I hadn't looked at it that way :D

Wednesday, I have booked 2105-9 (Silhouette) for our next cruise w/friends who have never cruised before. I want them to have the BEST experience but now I'm a little worried about the large overhang. I've read the info on the spreadsheet, so from that perspective I'm fine, but can you tell me what it will mean to have the large overhang--other than the privacy you mentioned? Will we get any sun at all? I like sun. Will it feel like a cocoon? Any infor you can give will be much appreciated :D Thanks!!

Wednesday, I have booked 2105-9 (Silhouette) for our next cruise w/friends who have never cruised before. I want them to have the BEST experience but now I'm a little worried about the large overhang. I've read the info on the spreadsheet, so from that perspective I'm fine, but can you tell me what it will mean to have the large overhang--other than the privacy you mentioned? Will we get any sun at all? I like sun. Will it feel like a cocoon? Any infor you can give will be much appreciated :D Thanks!!

I suppose if you are in the direction of the rising or setting sun you will have sun but our cabin on the Mariner got very little direct sun. I liked it because it was very private, but as I said I am not a sun worshiper and after long, hot days in port I didn't need more sun. I think that these cabins on the hump appear to be a little less covered than my cabin on the Mariner was but I will have to wait and see as I have never been in one. Our balcony on the mariner was a lot bigger than these cabins (because it was an aft JS) so while it was somewhat shaded and enclosed it didn't feel like a cocoon, can't really say how these will feel. All of the reviews for these cabins on the solstice cabin spreadsheet seem to be good, I am excited about my choice.

Where is this spread sheet , please ? And what does OP stand for ?

OP stands for Original Poster (person who wrote the first post on a thread)

And the "Spreadsheet" is actually a "Sticky" at the top of the main Celebrity page on CC.

It looks like this:

Sticky: S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!! (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

You open the thread then put the cabin number you want to know about in the Search box.

Edited by chamima

Celebrity Solstice Class Ships: Standard Balcony, Concierge class or Aqua class?

What to book and why?

Let’s “book” three different cabins for comparison.

One of the popular online resources invites us to cruise on Celebrity Silhouette:

March 17, 7 days from $549 pp.

Prices for two people in cabin.

• Standard balcony. Most expensive category 1A. Cabin 8160. Total: $2,293.
  • Concierge Class. Category C2. Cabin 2138. Total: $2,472.
  • Aqua Class. Category A1. Cabin 1592. Total: $2,712.

First of all, all cabins are standard in size.

No difference.

8160 is one of the best cabins on the ship. It has the best location and the largest balcony of all three.

2d1obc1.jpg

You'll pay extra $179 (over 1A) for Concierge class 2138 to be placed under public deck and huge overhang.

Balcony is standard size.

Concierge class bells and whistles: please see that on Celebrity website. I cannot quote that seriously on a consumer site like Cruise Critic because that is pure marketing dust.

In my opinion, Concierge class is not worth extra penny.

jj4vg2.jpg

Aqua cabin 1592.

You’ll pay extra $420 (over 1A) to get there.

Again - under the overhang.

21o4pa9.jpg

Among bells and whistles something to think about can be found:

- "Exclusive access to Blu, a specialty restaurant that also serves complimentary breakfast every day"

- "Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room"

My personal opinion: I would book 1A that has better location, larger balcony and is $420 cheaper.

Then I would spend $420 on what I prefer.

Example.

For dining I would prefer specialty restaurants like Murano that is way better than Blu.

I would say that Aqua class is worth money if the price difference is minimal.

Your preferences may vary...

Edited by cruisetrail

Excellent points that I took into consideration when I booked for next year....forget the Aqua class and go for the larger balcony. (We are booked in 1606 Jan 26, 2013 with a larger balcony, but an overhang and under a public space). That's why we got 8252 for next year at lot less money.

Thank you so much for all the great information, especially since we've been sailing the Constellation for several years and are not familiar with "S" class.:p