The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

Cruise trail, this has been one of the best threads EVER! We are going on a honeymoon cruise and have booked an accessible sky suite, 2130. Little concerned by the potential noise from above, but we are very anxious to see if the balcony is going to be large enough for my husband to maneuver his manual wheelchair. Have you got any shots of it? Thanks so much for doing this.

Should I pay the extra $800 and upgrade to a Celebrity suite. Larger but not on aft, although 1663 is the wrap balcony so larger than other Sky suites. I'm so confused - lol.

1663 is a great S1. We just got off Eclipse on Dec 15/12. When we first booked, we reserved 1665 (an S2) as we had previously cruised in this stateroom on Equinox. We had an opportunity to upgrade to Celebrity Suite 1618 due to a couple of promotions along the way. If 1618 or 1615 had not been available, we probably would have stayed with 1665. If Celebrity Suite 1618 or 1615 is available for your cruise, I would definitely take it for the price difference over 14 days. There is still lots of time for promotions to kick in where your price may, in fact, drop, as it did with us. The balconies on these 2 Celebrity Suites are about twice as large as the other Celebrity Suites on the ship, so depending on your balcony preference, this could be worth it. If these 2 Celebrity Suites are not available, I would stay with 1663.

Randy

Randy - thanks for the information. I'm very new at the price drop thing so let me ask a stupid question. Are you meaning that I take the Celebrity Suite (1618 or 1615 if available) now for the $800.00 difference or that as prices might fall I could upgrade myself to one of those cabins for very little. If I take it now and the price goes down before final payment then I get the diffence in an OBC? I've never been in anything but a standard balcony so anything is going to be a big upgrade for me!

Cabin 7273 Eclipse

What do you know about this cabin? Are there lifeboats below? Any pictures of 2b balconies? We are sailing on 2/9/13. Will smoking affect this locatio? Thanks.

I don't think smoking will affect this location.

nbomyc.jpg

Silhouette accessible sky suite 2130

Cruise trail, this has been one of the best threads EVER! We are going on a honeymoon cruise and have booked an accessible sky suite, 2130. Little concerned by the potential noise from above, but we are very anxious to see if the balcony is going to be large enough for my husband to maneuver his manual wheelchair. Have you got any shots of it? Thanks so much for doing this.

fp1owp.jpg

2ldyrux.jpg

Thanks so much for posting all these pictures. I will be on my first Celebrity cruise in a couple of months, the Solstice in an S2 sky suite. I know that I am under the buffet area and my cabin (2119) has had mixed reports from other passengers due to some noise transference from above. However noise doesn't really bother me, but I hadn't realised those terrible struts are right in front of my cabin! Oh well............perhaps if I shut one eye and squint, it might be less intrusive!

Doing a mock booking neither of those cabins seems available so I'll just stick with my first aft wrap and try a Celebrity Suite on the next cruise!:)

The bright side of all of this is you have a nice stateroom reserved for your cruise. That's one of the benefits of booking early. We booked our latest Dec1/12 cruise on Eclipse back in Sept 2011. We kept monitoring the Celebrity website for any price changes and saw a price drop in April 2012. We found it by doing a mock booking and choosing the 55 yrs of age option in the drop down menu. If you are not there yet, this one may not help you. Either way, keep checking for price drops or special promotions by Celebrity. Special promotions are often times applicable to new bookings only, but you never know. If you see a price drop or promotion, call Celebrity right away as it is not unusual for "special situation" price drops to be of limited duration. If you had a TA book your cruise, call the TA as soon as possible in order that they may call Celebrity on your behalf. If, by chance, you are able to take advantage of a price drop before your final payment date, Celebrity will normally adjust the remaining amount due by you.

Hope this helps

Randy

Cabin 7273 Eclipse

I don't think smoking will affect this location.

nbomyc.jpg

First time on X. Hoping I like it as much as HAL Vista class ships. Wish I had had access to your incredible info before I booked.

I'm sorry to see that lifeboats are extended and below our cabin.

How do you get the photos you have?

Take care! Happy New year!

At this point I'm just so fascinated that you seem to have photos of and information on every available stateroom that I must ask about ours - 8314? Please and thank you. :-)

8314 on the Sihouette (roughly same place on the Eclipse):

2qlhi06.jpg

Cruisetrail- this is absolutely the BEST thread/explanation of S-class cabins we've ever seen. I've posted photos of the hump angle balconies to help people but your work on this is over the top! Fantastic work.

Now we move to the upper balcony decks.

The major problems here are the huge overhang and potetial nose from public decks right above.

It's quite normal for shipbuilders to make upper decks wider than ships' superstructure to have more space "under the sun" thus creating overhangs.

Typical overhangs on cruise ships.

Some shadow.

"Protection from the rain" (Sorry, I always smile when read that).

vscjfo.jpg

But overhangs have never been as massive as on Celebrity ships.

They are literally twice (or three times!) as large as on other ships.

What make things worse are rows of huge struts that hold overhangs.

This looks ugly and resembles buildings under construction.

mm3p8n.jpg

Overhangs on Celebrity are overwhelming.

Huge struts spoil views from upper balconies.

3trgh.jpg

My personal impression of being on a balcony under the overhang on Celebrity: it's depressing.

2w4fn29.jpg

Cabins that are the most affected by the overhang.

Celebrity Silhouette:

1fcl09.jpg

Celebrity Reflection:

2w4d9vd.jpg

To be continued...

Edited by cruisetrail

Now we move to the upper balcony decks.

The major problems here are the huge overhang and potetial nose from public decks right above.

It's quite normal for shipbuilders to make upper decks wider than ships' superstructure to have more space "under the sun" thus creating overhangs.

Typical overhangs on cruise ships.

Some shadow.

"Protection from the rain" (Sorry, I always smile when read that).

vscjfo.jpg

But overhangs have never been as massive as on Celebrity ships.

They are literally twice (or three times!) as large as on other ships.

What make things worse are rows of huge struts that hold overhangs.

This looks ugly and resembles buildings under construction.

mm3p8n.jpg

Overhangs on Celebrity are overwhelming.

Huge struts spoil views from upper balconies.

3trgh.jpg

My personal impression of being on a balcony under the overhang on Celebrity: it's depressing.

2w4fn29.jpg

Cabins that are the most affected by the overhang.

Celebrity Silhouette:

1fcl09.jpg

Celebrity Reflection:

2w4d9vd.jpg

To be continued...

Help !!! We're booked 14 days on Silhouette Dec. this yr in CElebrity Suite 1233 , however am considering changing due to overhang ...do you have any input or photos to share , would definitely appreciate ... Would you suggest any other CS on different deck ?

Thank you

Josie ( your biggest fan )