The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

I ended settling down on 8133, I took a lot of time to settle down on that one. I hope its a good cabin, it seems to be located well, somewhat near to the elevator and but not close enough to get too much traffic noise.

However ship motion is one the things that worries me, but in the end I liked the exposure of this balcony. I only have that small hump and then its clear views downward. I also like how I will have a view towards the bridge.

Do you think that the spray will up there?

Balconies between the "humps" ("recessed parts" of the superstructure)

These balconies are the most numerous on Celebrity S-Class ships and are the most affected by the presence of lifeboats and the huge overhang.

The worst locations on Celebrity S-Class ships are on the lowest and highest balcony decks.

5wji3p.jpg

nwyb2p.jpg

vowifs.jpg

15y955j.jpg

72smqr.jpg

23tgubq.jpg

Deck 7 is affected too.

From Deck 7 on the Eclipse:

2uzcz6w.jpg

The views can be acceptable from Deck 8 (where the man is standing) and higher:

r2ufqx.jpg

Coming next: non-standrd balconies on Decks 6 & 7...

To be continued.

The Solstice, the Equinox and the Eclipse

Deck 6 #6155 and #6156 balconies are smaller than typical "first from the hump".

On the Silhouette and the Reflection these balconies are standard.

14cbm8z.jpg

xahe8.jpg

Balconies that sit on the blue roofs of Qsine and Blu restaurants.

Those roofs are wasted space on Celebrity (solar batteries, etc. are out of scope).

The Oceania Marina has similar space that is used for oversized balconies.

33xyp36.jpg

2mhiqkm.jpg

182b6t.jpg

Edited by cruisetrail

On the Solstice S-Class ships this wasted space is much larger.

So it cannot be utilized exactly as on the Marina.

However, Celebrity could have been more generous: the balconies that are sitting on the roof are just slightly deeper than the standard ones.

Example: Celebrity Silhouette

2u722s1.jpg

25rfhwy.jpg

2ro6u4z.jpg

207mk2r.jpg

Making corrections in the "official" deck plans (from now on I am using corrected deck plans):

2ym67i9.jpg

To be continued...

Edited by cruisetrail

I'm enjoying a lot of what you post, but it's still your opinion. No line will be all things to all people.

On Celebrity the "mini suites" (S1/S2 Sky Suites), come with a butler for about the same price. This may seem trivial, but having sailed on HA and RCL in suites, the difference in service is night and day. To me, a mini suite without suite perks is just a larger cabin.

Also, if I remember correctly (it's been a few years), my mini-suite on Caribbean Princess was much smaller than a sky suite, and the balcony is only a standard size balcony. I think the cabin was the same width as a standard cabin, but had a little more room between the bed and the balcony for a couch and table. The sky suites are 1 1/2 times the width of a standard cabin AND deeper, plus suite perks like butler, etc. Yes?

Also, if I remember correctly (it's been a few years), my mini-suite on Caribbean Princess was much smaller than a sky suite, and the balcony is only a standard size balcony. I think the cabin was the same width as a standard cabin, but had a little more room between the bed and the balcony for a couch and table. The sky suites are 1 1/2 times the width of a standard cabin AND deeper, plus suite perks like butler, etc. Yes?

Yes, a butler. Our feeling is being a suite guest gets us better service across the ship. I think on Celebrity this wasn't as different but on NCL and RCI it was much more noticeable.

Mini suites (Sky Suites) on Celebrity S-Class ships are not deeper that standard balcony cabins. Two minis fit space of three standards.

Minis on Princess Grand Class (188 cabins): 266 sq. ft., balcony 58 sq.ft. ($1300-1500 pp, Feb 2013)

Minis on Celebrity Eclipse (44 cabins): 300 sq. ft., balcony 77 sq.ft. ($1900-2200 pp, Feb 2013)

Edited by cruisetrail

7147 is "yes or now".

It does not have a lifeboat below on Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse.

However, an open smoking area is one deck below.

Silhouette and Reflection have additional lifeboats that affected 4-5 cabins forward from the hump angle on decks 6 and 7 on both sides.

7147 is #6, so it's not too bad.

7147 is corresponding to 7194 on the opposite side.

10d6qlj.jpg

The only available HA cabin available for us was 6135.As far as I can tell we have the

white area in front of the balcony but no lifeboats. Do you know if this is correct. None of the pictures show 6135.Thanks for the pictures.

The only available HA cabin available for us was 6135.As far as I can tell we have the

white area in front of the balcony but no lifeboats. Do you know if this is correct. None of the pictures show 6135.Thanks for the pictures.

6135 and the corresponding part of the "white area" on the opposite side.

Note that cabins on the starboard are standard.

Your HA cabin is 50% wider (like a mini suite).

24qkboi.jpg

Thank you, cruisetrail! You are the best!

I keep my finger crossed and hope nobody will smoke downstairs... Plenty of other places to smoke....:p

Michael

Sorry but deck 5 is a very popular place for smokers,may not float up to deck 7 but on the Equinox last week any time we walked on deck 5 there were smokers there. It is the only place mid ship where smoking is allowed.:eek:

Hi Cruisetail, my wife and I have been enjoying your comprehensive review of the Eclipse, your pictures are great. I wondered if you could comment on 7317 and 7364, they are sunset verandas and we booked them for our cruise next year on the Eclipse with our children. :) if you do not have any specific comments then that's ok to we will just keep following your thread. It's fun reading these detailed posts and reviews while the count down is on. Have a great day!!

Devin

Aft Looking Balconies on the Stern

Issues:

1. Barely covered (privacy, rain). Exceptions: deck 12 on all S-Class ships, deck 6 on the Silhouette and the Reflection.

2. Long walk from elevators/stairs.

3. Crew members may walk in front of the balconies on deck 6.

4. Some balconies (4 Sky Suites) obstructed with service equipment.

Note that balcony sizes differ for standard cabins.

There are three basic layouts.

Deck 12

4uv1vq.jpg

Deck 11

s5gqxc.jpg

Decks 6-10

1zg7s6f.jpg

33b0eo3.jpg

2eob3ox.jpg

Hi Cruisetail, my wife and I have been enjoying your comprehensive review of the Eclipse, your pictures are great. I wondered if you could comment on 7317 and 7364, they are sunset verandas and we booked them for our cruise next year on the Eclipse with our children. if you do not have any specific comments then that's ok to we will just keep following your thread. It's fun reading these detailed posts and reviews while the count down is on. Have a great day!!

Devin

7317 and 7364 share the same potential issues as other stern balconies.

A positive note: 7317 balcony is a bit wider than a standard one.

7364 is much wider.

You can open the divider and get one huge balcony.

1zpjn2c.jpg

Edited by cruisetrail

im8ju9.jpg

Aft Sky Suite balconies with additional problems

Celebrity Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse:

2151 and 2146

295zps.jpg

1403 and 1198

1oap1y.jpg

Celebrity Silhouette - 2148 and 2153

Celebrity Reflection - 2208 and 2217

atq5on.jpg