The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

Best balconies on the hump

The first and the third slanted balconies from the angle are the largest ones.

#1 has the best location (closest to the sea):

15i2995.jpg

One of "the first and the third" balconies:

307lwz6.jpg

One of "the second and the fourth" balconies:

2u7oweu.jpg

Standard balconies on the hump (connecting cabins) on the Celebrity Silhouette:

2ewjhv4.jpg

Next is: What hump balconies to avoid?

To be continued...

Edited by cruisetrail

First, thank you so much for posting these pictures. We will be going on Silhouette in February for a honeymoon cruise and I am hungry for information. We are going to be in an accessible sky suite on the side on Deck 12 (and love the overhang idea). Have been a little concerned about being under the buffet because we like to sleep late, but I am sure it will be fine. You showed a few pictures of the accessible inside room and actually getting to see accessible cabin pictures is rather difficult. So Thank you. My husband is an engineer and reading your review is going to be of great interest to him. He'll love all the stats. It will be his first cruise and my fourth (incidentally, my first cruise was on the Britanis....yes, I am older than dirt).

And I hope you never get discouraged by some of the snarkier remarks on here. There are a lot of us out here that value information (can't get enough of it) and don't require that it always be in the form of a ringing endorsement. I have no doubt we are going to have a great, great time.

Thanks again.

Very interessting I usual book one of those hump´s , great as mentioned before. Does anyone know why some have footrests and some not?

Thanks

Greetings

Michael

Michael, non-Concierge and non-Aqua class balconies do not have foot rests. The balcony photos shown are 1B class. If you moved down the hump a little to connecting cabins 9296 and 9298, you'd get the footrests because they're C2s.

cruisetrail, I have the sneaking suspicion that our Equinox Aqua cabin is going to make your "do not book" list as it's obstructed by the window washing equipment. However, forewarned is forearmed--we have an over-sized balcony in compensation so we're okay with it. ;)

What hump balconies to avoid?

There are quite a few inconveniently located balconies on the hump.

They are affected by the proximity of lifeboats (decks 6 and 7), or the overhang and the upper deck (decks 11-12 ; deck 12 on the Reflection).

Positive factors are proximity to the sea and balcony size.

This is a principle that works for both sides of the hump and both sides of the ship.

Red color - avoid

Yellow - I would likely not recommend for my friends

Green - best options on this ship

Examples are based on the Celebrity Sihouette.

Find your actual hump cabin number on your S-Class ship deck plans.

2dhwi6f.jpg

33xh2sh.jpg

k4ef4x.jpg

To be continued....

Yea, that AQ 1610 is a real pain in the rump, NOT!

Have you have book that stateroom? If not how can you make a negative recommendation?

I would very strongly recommend 1610 to anyone who books AQ.

But then again what do I know, we've only stayed in it twice. :)

IMO recommendations should be based on experience, period.

Even though, some "luxury" figures to think about.

Celebrity Eclipse has 66 suites (total) that is about 5% of all cabins.

Celebrity Eclipse - 44 mini-suites.

Princess Grand Class - 188 mini-suites (suites total are 13 - 15%).

HAL Signature Class - ~11% of all cabins are various suites (about 100 much larger not-so-mini suites are priced comparably to Celebrity 44 mini-suites).

We have known a lot about the inside of Celebrity cabins at this point.

Now we go to the next critical part - Location! Location! Location!

I'm enjoying a lot of what you post, but it's still your opinion. No line will be all things to all people.

On Celebrity the "mini suites" (S1/S2 Sky Suites), come with a butler for about the same price. This may seem trivial, but having sailed on HA and RCL in suites, the difference in service is night and day. To me, a mini suite without suite perks is just a larger cabin.

Edited by need2bespoiled

Yea, that AQ 1610 is a real pain in the rump, NOT!

Have you have book that stateroom? If not how can you make a negative recommendation?

I would very strongly recommend 1610 to anyone who books AQ.

But then again what do I know, we've only stayed in it twice. :)

IMO recommendations should be based on experience, period.

Hey, you scored better than I did, I'll be in 1606 for the third time next year... & it's marked red :eek: :rolleyes: ... booked it first day that bookings were open, as it's one of the most popular AQ cabins there is (along with the other AQ humps...) could have sworn I loved that cabin, guess I don't know any better!

I'm enjoying a lot of what you post, but it's still your opinion. No line will be all things to all people.

On Celebrity the "mini suites" (S1/S2 Sky Suites), come with a butler for about the same price. This may seem trivial, but having sailed on HA and RCL in suites, the difference in service is night and day. To me, a mini suite without suite perks is just a larger cabin.

Thank you.

But please note that I haven't stated my opinion yet.

So far this is just pure statistics and price quotes to think about.:)

And thank you for thinking about it.

I will post my opinion later at the end of "Cabin Chapter".

Hey, you scored better than I did, I'll be in 1606 for the third time next year... & it's marked red :eek: :rolleyes: ... booked it first day that bookings were open, as it's one of the most popular AQ cabins there is (along with the other AQ humps...) could have sworn I loved that cabin, guess I don't know any better!

1108 looks nicer to me: moderate shadow, "rain protection" without huge overhang right on your head, no huge beamses and still well above lifeboats...

Thank you.

But please note that I haven't stated my opinion yet.

So far this is just pure statistics and price quotes to think about.:)

And thank you for thinking about it.

I will post my opinion later at the end of "Cabin Chapter".

I meant generally, in all of this "tour". You're opinion is clear, and your postings, IMHO, clearly not objective as style is.

The Front "Hump" (slanted part)

The forward part of the superstructure is slightly wide bodied.

It's not as wide as the central hump.

So the balconies here are unfortunately not as close to the sea as those on the central hump.

1j5ggn.jpg

The slanted part of the front hump is two times narrower - just two balconies.

The same rule applied: the first balcony from the hump is the deepest one.

This is the Celebrity Silhouette.

Note that the Solstice, the Equinox and The Eclipse has a white container where you see a lifeboat on the Silhouette (the one forward from the boat #3).

2db5uf5.jpg

Note that the cleaning "spiders" are often parked near the slanted balconies of the front hump.

beuib7.jpg

yyot0.jpg

In the next part: step by step inspection of the balconies on the forward wide bodied part of the superstructure.

To be continued...

The Front "Hump" (Main Part)

24gv9mt.jpg

This part of the ship is free of the overhang.

Factors: some obstructions on deck 6 (the lowest), potential noise on deck 11 (the highest balcony deck) from the public deck above (fitness center, cafe), presence of the bridge, motion factor due to extreme forward location.

Celebrity Silhouette

29ayagj.jpg

Deck 11 - more expensive Aqua Class cabins are located under treadmills:

72yik6.jpg

fxroyt.jpg

Accessible cabins 1532-1538 are located under quieter spa facilities:

mw6rnt.jpg

2qntq2s.jpg

There is a small group of balconies with no obstructions at all.

They are beautifully placed - you can see water right below that is so unusual for Celebrity S-Calss ships.

auf2p0.jpg

5pq12.jpg

Celebrity Eclipse

2pt6iqf.jpg

5d06r6.jpg

A part of Deck 6 is obstructed by lifeboats.

An additional lifeboat #1 is located here on the Silhouette and the Reflection.

The Solstice, the Equinox and the Eclipse have white containers in this place.

The containers are smaller and less obstructive than a lifeboat.

You won't see this huge davit (marked with yellow arrow) on the first three ships.

1z6gvpf.jpg

More to come....

You might not have a lot of fans around here, but you have one amazing collection of pictures. I looked everywhere for pictures of 6108-6118, thanks for providing those pictures to us.

There is however one very important detail you forgot to mention about those rooms, they are located on top of the main theater. There are many complains about excessive noise at all times, either from shows, practice or staff parties. I was very excited about the idea of being so close to the water and getting one of those rooms. But after some research I decided to not to get one due to the noise issue.

6118 was the room I was looking at, actually I think that room should be green as you can look towards the back of ship without obstruction and you basically don't have a neighbor to that side. Question is why you made that one orange instead of green?

Yes, I agree that "cabins above and below" is a general rule to follow.

But this small group of balconies is a refreshing oasis on the background of endless humps (in and out), huge lifeboats, beamses and overhangs.

That's why it's so tempting.

I have been in cabins below and above theatres (not on this ship).

I could hear some noise - occasionally, never early morning or after 11 PM.

So my concern for this location would be more about motion and spray in stormy weather. But this is challenging.

The first one is windy.

Both the first and the last are not very private.

I am delighted to know CC readers like these photos. :)