Cocoa Beach Shuttle or Travelynx???

We are looking to book a shuttle from the airport to our pre-cruise hotel the day before the ship leaves...then a shuttle back to the airport once the cruise is over. We are a family of 4 and have gotten quotes from both of these companies. CBS is only $10 cheaper but was wondering if anyone here has had good, bad, ugly experiences with both, either, whatever that can help us decide which one to go with!!!

Thanks!

I just got off Freedom of the Seas Dec 9th-16th. We used Travelynx from the airport to hotel in Cocoa beach. Then from the ship back to the airport. Would def. use again! I used Cocoa beach shuttle from the hotel to the port. Would use again!

Our party of (4) used Cocoa Beach Shuttle in Oct. 2012 and was NOT happy with their service. We had to wait outside, under shade but in the heat and smelly exhaust fumes 40 min. to get picked up after arriving. Then our driver informed us we may have to go get more riders from the other terminal. What !!! They will delay you to fill their van. You may also get stuck on the van as they unload other passenger to their hotels. As it turned we were fortunate to only get one more rider before leaving the airport. What a fiasco it was returnimg from the ship going to airport. We waited at RC terminal in the van on people that had reservations but decided to make other arrangements. Communicating that to the driver was really poor. We then went to Disney terminal to collect a family of four and was further delay by sitting outside the Carnival terminal. "just to make sure" there weren't any more rider we could stuff in that van. I was boiling furious at these continuing delays. Each time everyone had to produce paperwork that also had to be cleared. I was glad our flight was late afternoon. Our driver explained they are only contract workers and have to get clearance from their dispatcher that they have enought passengers to travel to the airport. I will never use Cocoa Beach Shuttle again. IMO it is worth paying that private car company or just renting a car myself. !! We have used ACE Luxury in the past and have been very pleased.

Check out the thread entitled "Transportation to and from Port Canaveral" started by islandmartina. It is probably about 3-5 pages back by now. Maybe someone else knows how to post a link for it. I don't because my computer skills are somewhere between pitiful and pathetic !!:o

Most people on that thread opted for Travelynx and a couple reported some problem with Cocoa Beach Shuttle. Good Luck!:)

just for another opinion: I have never used Travelynx. We have used Cocoa Beach Shuttle at least a half dozen times, with no issues...to/from the airport/hotel/port.

Same here. Never had a problem with Cocoa Beach shuttle. Always on time and very reliable.

Our party of (4) used Cocoa Beach Shuttle in Oct. 2012 and was NOT happy with their service. We had to wait outside, under shade but in the heat and smelly exhaust fumes 40 min. to get picked up after arriving. Then our driver informed us we may have to go get more riders from the other terminal. What !!! They will delay you to fill their van. You may also get stuck on the van as they unload other passenger to their hotels. As it turned we were fortunate to only get one more rider before leaving the airport. What a fiasco it was returnimg from the ship going to airport. We waited at RC terminal in the van on people that had reservations but decided to make other arrangements. Communicating that to the driver was really poor. We then went to Disney terminal to collect a family of four and was further delay by sitting outside the Carnival terminal. "just to make sure" there weren't any more rider we could stuff in that van. I was boiling furious at these continuing delays. Each time everyone had to produce paperwork that also had to be cleared. I was glad our flight was late afternoon. Our driver explained they are only contract workers and have to get clearance from their dispatcher that they have enought passengers to travel to the airport. I will never use Cocoa Beach Shuttle again. IMO it is worth paying that private car company or just renting a car myself. !! We have used ACE Luxury in the past and have been very pleased.

It's on your confirmation invoice from CBS that you will have a shared van.

Archived