Damaged Luggage

habita

The handle of my suitcase was broken when it was delivered to our cabin on the Hawaii Sapphire cruise. I told my dh we were going to have to buy a new suitcase in Honolulu. He suggested I check with the front desk. A charming young lady said she would take care of it, A few days later my suitcase was

returned in perfect condition.

We just got off the Crown and they destroyed 2 of my pieces of luggage! A nice agent filled out the paper work for me in Galveston and we will see how they treat me for compensation. I cannot imagine how they managed to destroy these two pieces from my room to the port. Totally ripped out the zipper and the feet on both pieces!

The handle of my bag was destroyed at disembarkation after a HAL cruise. My Eagle Creek bag is 100% guaranteed so I shipped it off and it was returned a week or so later just like new. Only cost to me was the initial shipping, which I sent the cheapest way I could. Turns out they're only an hour away so if it happens again, I'll drop it off. On the other hand, at $3.99/gal., it's cheaper to ship.

The handle of my bag was destroyed at disembarkation after a HAL cruise. My Eagle Creek bag is 100% guaranteed so I shipped it off and it was returned a week or so later just like new. Only cost to me was the initial shipping, which I sent the cheapest way I could. Turns out they're only an hour away so if it happens again, I'll drop it off. On the other hand, at $3.99/gal., it's cheaper to ship.

Glad to hear that the Eagle Creek 100% guarantee worked. We "invested" in two pieces last year just for the guarantee. We were frequently replacing our luggage. I have always been lucky on cruises, but not so lucky when flying.

Glad to hear that the Eagle Creek 100% guarantee worked. We "invested" in two pieces last year just for the guarantee. We were frequently replacing our luggage. I have always been lucky on cruises, but not so lucky when flying.
I love Eagle Creek. The bag wasn't new, had been on many cruises and flights, and was dirty and banged up. It came back clean and like new. You could still see where it had worn a bit so I knew it was the same bag.

The OP certainly had better luck than I did with RCI when I first started cruising. Someone cut an "L" shaped hole in my garment bag and stole our camera out of it. I reported it to RCI, filled out the obligatory form, waited, wrote them, and still never got a response. I just wanted the bag fixed. (The camera being stolen out of it was my fault for putting it in there - it was a good lesson to learn.) So glad to hear Princess is more customer-friendly!

Pam-I didn't know Eagle Creek was so close to us! Will look into buying their luggage in the future. I definitely need to get some new pieces. Thanks for the info. on their customer service.

Pam-I didn't know Eagle Creek was so close to us! Will look into buying their luggage in the future. I definitely need to get some new pieces. Thanks for the info. on their customer service.
They're in Carlsbad. Now, if I were to combine it with a not-so-quick stop at the Carlsbad outlets, that would be great. :)

I've found that the Eagle Creek bags are as lightweight as any of the so-called lightweight bags. I've got a 30" in bright orange (visible from Arizona nevermind a sea of black bags) that's only just over 9-lb.

They're in Carlsbad. Now, if I were to combine it with a not-so-quick stop at the Carlsbad outlets, that would be great. :)

I've found that the Eagle Creek bags are as lightweight as any of the so-called lightweight bags. I've got a 30" in bright orange (visible from Arizona nevermind a sea of black bags) that's only just over 9-lb.

LOL I know what you mean about the outlets there! ;)

We have Delsey bags and they advertise being only 7 lbs. They've held up well, but after 6-7 years, they've lived their life. Time to buy some new pieces.

Archived